[WIP] Nar Shaddaa: Virtical City

Started by Sereja, April 27, 2012, 11:54:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
October 19, 2012, 12:49:59 AM #75 Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 09:06:02 AM by Sereja
So, it's RELEASED! Till some hold up happens, with uploading to SWBFGamers, I release it here:

EXPLOSIVE! BRILLIANT! MUST SEE!

Nar Shaddaa: Vertical City.

http://www.mediafire.com/?jq24l4e77a83yeh

edit by buckler--local link:  http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=773

Do not miss it, till hot! ;)

Features:

1. New props, effects and textures.
2. Edited sides with new effects, reticules, huds, hex edition, and chargable weapon.
3. Alternative mission.lvl's added.
4. 5th weapon added.
5. Lot's of secondary locals added.
6. Decreased weapon impact effects included.

Instalation:

1. Put the 018 folder in your Gamedata\AddOn folder.

2. If you wish to play alternative mission.lvl, back up it, and put the new one, in your C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront\GameData\AddOn\018\Data\_lvl_pc folder.

KNOWN BUGS:
1. Muzzleflash effects become appear in random places. Not sure, but looks like this bug was added by SWBF creators.
2.No sound:
R2D2, rancor, gamorreans, infantry foley (steps).
No sound in GCW: EMP grenade, weapon charge ("com_weap_charge").
Reason: sound making is a most hard thing to understanding for me...
3. Slave-1 as turret works incorrect, so, I have to disable rotation.  Reason: turret making is also hard thing to understanding for me...
4. Sometimes, when you use zoom (3rd person, not snipe zoom), objects may start dissappear, and the game will crash.
Reason: it seems, my map is totaly overload.
So, try do not use zoom, when targeting huge props.

WARNING: my map is still overload with effects, so, if you have slow PC, it may crash or lag!
To solve this problem, you may use alternative sides, with more decreased effects quality, from my Sides folder. Just replace normal sides .lvl to alternative.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
STORY:

Normal mission; GCW:

Some members, of rebel alliance, was captured by bounty hunters, and used as "rancor food" for arena intertaiment. Other team of rebels, landed to Nar Shaddaa for resque them.
So, Empire, was interested, such rebel activity, and send troops, to bring peace and order in this sector.
Drunky bar scum, was angry, because of all of this, and start shooting, in everything, that moves...

Normal mission; CW:

Nar Shaddaa is hard to control, and CIS send droids, to make those scum, pay taxes. "Scum" do not like this idea, so, most of droids was captured, and used, for  arena intertaiment.
Republic use right time, for suggest protection, and send troops, to clean and secure this sector.
Drunky bar scum, was angry, because of all of this, and start shooting, in everything, that moves...

Jedi mission; GCW:

Luke Skywalker need to help rebels, escape from bounty hunters, and Empire, so have to protect them, till they capture CP's.

Jedi mission; CW:

Obi-Wan Kenobi need to help clones, clean area from droids, and some negotiations with bounty hunters, so, have to protect them, till they capture CP's.

Bounty Hunter mission; GCW:

Empire pay well, so Boba Fett is ready to capture all rebels, and claim his bounty. Still, have to clean the area, and capture CP's, so imperial main forces may safely arrive. Some other bounty hunters, may stay on his way, so, Boba, have to deal with them first...

Bounty Hunter mission; CW:

Some separatists spy, discover true identity of Darth Sidious, and his real plans, so, count Dooku meet again with Jango Fett. He say, it's cud be a solvation, of both task, in single misson: elluminate CIS spy, and give to the new clones, elite training. So, Jango Fett, track the spy to Nar Shaddaa, and have to capture CP's, so, clone main forces may safely arrive. Unfortunately all other bounty hunters, already aware about this bounty, and do not want to share it, so, Jango, have to deal with them first...

Bounty Hunter vs Local mission; CW/GCW:

The same, just this time, fetts, should hunt for local bounty.

Locals missions; CW / GCW:

"Each time, as new war, come in to the galaxi, those soldiers, become runing and shooting all the time, and do not let, nice local people, safely drink their juma-juice! It is time to finish this mess, and kill them all! Beside, there is surely some bounty for all theyr heads... It is no good to share it with other bar scum... Sorry, friends, it's nothing personal..."

Smuggler mission; GCW: (CW as usual)

Imperial forces, track smuggler vessel, to Nar Shaddaa, so captain Solo, hide the cargo, till everything come down... Jabba was angry about this, so have personaly carry situation. Unfortunately some local scum, already aware about this, and wish to claim cargo, and resell it to Jabba. Find himself, in the mid of this conflict, Han Solo, should sneak among imperials, and hold CP,s till Jabba arrive, and settle the conflict.

Easter Egg contest:
Just find my avatar pic, and you win!
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

:ohmy: first level in star wars bounty hunter  :ohmy:  :O

October 19, 2012, 04:45:54 AM #77 Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 04:50:38 AM by ~{SODA}~Fndr.CocaCola(SURG3)
Quote from: PP90M1 on October 19, 2012, 02:23:15 AM
:ohmy: first level in star wars bounty hunter  :ohmy:  :O

Hmm?... I'm pretty sure Nar Shadaa isnt the first level in that game... Although Jango does to go this planet at some point in the game.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Yes, some parts of my map ( arena and some props), realy based on the SWBH game. First levels of it, was space station, so, I just take elements of design from it, and remade it, in strongly SWTFU, Nar Shaddaa style.
So, my map is not continue stryline, of none of those games. It is totaly new story, by me. :P

This is an amazing map, I played it all on maximum settings and it looks brilliant, it must have taken a long time time to make especially all the props. Keep up the good work Sereja :)
By the way the local link is broken.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on October 19, 2012, 10:52:02 AM
This is an amazing map, I played it all on maximum settings and it looks brilliant, it must have taken a long time time to make especially all the props. Keep up the good work Sereja :)
By the way the local link is broken.
Thank's! :) Overall time of creation, is about 18 month. Not sure, what takes more time: creation detalized props, or making it, do not crash, on maximum settings :D.
The method, of creation props, is simple: I switch on my PlayStation2 game on tv, and seat near by, with PC, trying to recreate with XSI, what I see on tv.
Unfortunately one of my next unfinished beauty "Super Project", I can't see, in any game, only few seconds in movie. So, interior of Naboo: Otoh Gungah, will be not so detalized...

Quote from: regent on October 19, 2012, 11:05:10 AM
Hostgator strikes again!

Thanks, actually it was my mistake  :P

It was the difference between a forward slash and a backwards slash. 
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Yes Nar Shadaa in Force Unleashed was by far my favorite level. I can't wait until my parents let me download mod maps! xD

BTW Buckler, You've got 1 post left until 2000! Might wanna save it for awhile?  :shrug:
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Same problem I had with your Tantive IV map it just won't show up in my map list. Shame I wanted to try this one out. I will poke around at it a bit see if I can get it working.

It's realy weird... Are you put exactly 018 folder, in to your Addon folder?

Yes. Weird  is the word all right. The addme.script is there it should be showing up even if the mission.lvl or anything is missing. But it isn't. Very odd. Hopefully no one else is having this issue.

Hmm... I Think, if I do something wrong, nobody else can't play in it... May be, you have some other version of the game, or I am use some other version of ZE?

Quote from: SleepKiller on October 19, 2012, 04:29:50 PM
Yes. Weird  is the word all right. The addme.script is there it should be showing up even if the mission.lvl or anything is missing. But it isn't. Very odd. Hopefully no one else is having this issue.

I might suggest that  you take out all other mod maps except Jabbas Palace--but you have probably tried that already.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet