[WIP] Nar Shaddaa: Virtical City

Started by Sereja, April 27, 2012, 11:54:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
June 10, 2012, 04:37:43 PM #30 Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 05:04:06 PM by Buckler
I bet that I can "gift" SWBF2 to you by Steam, if you are able to run it.

What do you think?

(It is only $10, and you can download it from Steam.)

Or if you really need to have the disc, maybe I could send one to you in the mail.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

The 10$ is surely not a problem for me. The problem is very bad WEB knowlege, and out of credit cards. The only "steam", I know about, it is a water in gas condition, but I think, you mean something else...
The most exceptable payment for me, it is by cash, in post office. If you mean something like that, it's cud be great!
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Ah, Steam is a place that sells games over the web:
http://store.steampowered.com/

I would be happy to mail you a copy of SWBF2 though if you are not able to have a good web connection to Steam.  You would need to send me a Personal Message (PM) with your address.  I would never divulge your personal information, if you chose to do this.

July 28, 2012, 05:48:55 AM #33 Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 01:45:26 AM by Sereja
Ok, I upload pic, of new bar, as I promise:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

After this one, I decide to finish making new bars, and start to more serious work at this map. Follow suggesting, by kitfisto15678, (experiensed tester), I finish circle of bars, by duplicate already exist ones. I think, the map look's nice anyway, and almost ready to play.
Still, the story with door making, continues: after I learn, how to make animation, I figure out, I probabably make it incorrect, with ModTool. To learn, how it must be done, I have to make lot of tryings, but it is impossible, because I can't export animation. The only hope, for this, it is new version of ZETools (if it ever be released), it seems exist version, isn't compatable with my ModTool.
But for now, I need to have some more absent (juma-juice) :sick:, and hope, my muse, allow me to make this map realy beauty...

-Edit

Funny, but look's like, I am reach another limit line, of SWBF1: I can't make more then 256 hub's in planing making... It very sad, but I have no other choice, as cut some part of the map... Sorry but about 20-30% of gameplay have to be deleted... :bye:

-Edit

Also, found some issues of "multi locals" sets: after I made 3th locals, they start to "meditate" sometimes... I try to decrease theyr count, but have no result... Oh, well, hope it isn't much important for overall gamplay...

My idea, with change lights to effects isn't work... But I found reason of light "swith off" bug: look's like, I made my models too big, and they can't reflect many light's at once. So, to solve this problem, I have to remade some of my props. Lucky for me, I did not delete my Scene files yet ;).

Very nice!  Two items:

I think we figured out how to have era specific animations for you (see advanced modders forum).

You can get a 30 day trial of XSI.  The trick is to learn how to use it before it expires.  If you want a link, let me know.

July 28, 2012, 08:56:38 AM #35 Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 09:50:03 AM by Sereja
Thank's, but I am afraid, it is to late for me now... I am loose all my "30 day" chances long time ago... So, the real trick for me, it is to found some "rehister cleaner" programm, which is be able, to kill all XSI "sleeping beacons", sitting somewhere, inside my PC...

Advanced modders forum? Interesting... I am surely check it... When I found it...

--Edit

Oh, yes, already found!

July 28, 2012, 09:07:03 AM #36 Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 09:09:34 AM by Buckler
hmm, let me check permissions...

edit:  you should be able to see it.  please check "Private discussions" just before the "Clans" forums

Hey from one modeler to another this is looking fabulous for the old Zero Engine. Looking forward to adding this to my add-on collection when you finish it. Definitely one of the better looking maps.  :cheers:
photobucket limit image removed

...........................awesome................................
Favorite word:
Awesome!
Wahnsinn!
Impresionante!
отлично!
Toppen!
Magnifique!
!מדהים
酷毙了!
Przerażające!

Thank's! :) My secret is: I try never think about engine, but just made it with love and care, so, result is surely will be beauty ;).

Last news: I am start to edit well equped local sides, and planing to make special "alien era". Unfortunately, SleepKiller's 3th era invention probably takes a lot of memory slots becouse, at least my "Nar Shaddaa" map crash, after some time of play. It stop to crash, only after I backup new Shell.lvl and mission.lvl. So, my solvation for this, will be, just the second "back up" mission.lvl, that you can always change manualy.

The most it could possibly be using is a few extra kilobytes and that is stretching it. And once ingame playing a map the script isn't even loaded so no extra memory is being consumed. Judging by the quality and amazing detail (And it really does look very beautiful.) I would say it is far more likely that you are hitting one of the safety features put in by Pandemic to make sure the game wouldn't use up more memory than your average 2004 PC had. You could try scaling down any large textures you have, be sure to backup the original ones first.

Well, ok, I try to decrease size, of some custom skins, and little emprove them...
So, I start creating local side, and here the most possible characters, coming for casting, and deserving some role, in my project:
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Probably, with time, I may add some more "bar scum", but I still need to work on them some more...

Those characters and weapons look awesome Sereja!! The itorian with the whip looks really cool!! 1 step closer to the release of an addon map that might be better than the stock maps!!

Sereja, you have some amazing work there. Good job!
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

I will now quote Vader: "Impressive, most impressive"