New "standard" sides

Started by Led, October 22, 2011, 09:54:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
QuoteAnd I'm not sure your post conforms with the rules....

Quote from: Bamdur on October 23, 2011, 01:54:42 AM
:rofl:

Anyway back on topic.

So Led/Buckler you think the CIS need a air unit correct? Well I found an ideal model made by sky_216 its a very good model a droid with a jet pack, I'm currently working on its ODFs/New Texture as to put it ingame.

October 23, 2011, 06:05:53 AM #32 Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 06:16:58 AM by jdee-barc
i don't know who it is. it was 1:00 in the morning  :sleep:.

Anyone want some really artsy-fartsy stormtrooper skins?
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

Sky_216 mods for SWBFII and he is a very good modder. Maybe can we see some pictures?

Here's a pic of the jet droid
Current Projects:

I was refering to the Stormtrooper skins. ;)

oh. well, in that case: (models not included)

and if you want (i might've deleted this one:
Current Projects:

I'm in love with your scout trooper one very nice.

After years of being owned by the "jet noobs" :P the CIS decided it was time to replace the droideka and use a new and improved unit to make their chances better at winning. So they came up with the Jet Droid to help level the playing field.

Equipment
Shotgun - Shoots ten shots that spread really far it will kill any unit in 1 shot up close has poor fire rate.
Seeker Missile Launcher - Fires a missile that will kill in one shot and track its target down, has very poor fire rate.
Radiation Grenades - Throws a grenade that has a very poor blast raadias but anything in it is doomed, sticks to anything biological to insure no escape.

Overall thoughts.
It rocks! Plays great not to over powered low health insures balance, while still keeping the unit great fun to play.

you want a shiny orange droid skin, for the jet droid? it will require some dirty work and a way of converting dds to tga. it was made by arc_commander, and i unintentionally made it shiny ingame. (note: it only is shiny ingame, not when opened in gimp or whatever)

get the following from swbffiles
lvl extractor
battlefront 1.5 era mod (my mod)

extract the lvl extractor to a folder
extract the contents of the mod to any where.  go to [extracted folder directories//]/data/_LVL_PC/SIDE/cis.lvl

run cis.lvl through the lvl extractor. drag and drop it on the icon for either the bat file or the exe file, which ever one works.

if it all works,

the output should be in Driverletter:\Documents and Settings\[YOUR-Account-name]\

search for the dds file that has "cis_inf_battledroid". open all of them in a program capable of importing dds (like paint.net), and find the one with orange markings, and export as tga. if there are multiple ones with orange markings, any of them should do.

i can't do this as i'm on a machine running linux and can really only do: sounds, odf code, hexedit, lua edit, and skin, but not extract or munge.

Speaking of which, do you by any chance want some sounds from a long-gone modder named Majin REvan?
Current Projects:

Jet droid looks nice!

and sure...if you have Majins stuff, we can host it here :)

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

its on filefront still i think. the source files for kashyyyk shores. sounds are in the sound folder.

http://starwarsbattlefront.filefront.com/file/Majin_Revans_Map_Source_Stuff_Pack_5;47162
Current Projects:

Quote from: Buckler on October 23, 2011, 04:40:48 PM
Jet droid looks nice!

and sure...if you have Majins stuff, we can host it here :)
BTW, your going to have to localize this and make a new core.lvl.(I'm on 64-Bit.) And realese the source .CFG files with it so modders can keep localizations for these sides.

And remeber if your reading this that if your a random SWBF player or a member of this community sign up and post your thoughts on what should be in these new standered sides.

a new core.lvl--you will have to walk me through it. (is that because of the localization)?

I'm not sure what it would be like  from NZ, but I could also probably set you up with a remote desktop connection to my 32 bit SWBF machine, if you wanted to munge, too.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

October 23, 2011, 06:54:33 PM #43 Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 06:59:28 PM by SleepKiller
Quote from: Buckler on October 23, 2011, 05:36:47 PM
a new core.lvl--you will have to walk me through it. (is that because of the localization)?
Yeah localizations I can do it if need be, I do have access to a 32-Bit PC.(I just hate using it Single-CPU, 64 MB graphics, 1 GB ram. Ghastly stuff, once you taste Duel Core you don't want to go back.)

Anyway I'm about to get back to work on the CIS, tell me if anybody thinks of anything about them that needs changing.

its easy to localize on 64 bit with my methods