Questions I Would Ask BattleBelk

Started by Phobos, October 11, 2011, 08:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
October 16, 2011, 06:55:39 PM #90 Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 05:09:18 PM by Buckler
That has nothing to do with your  :censored: shell builder does it?

Edited by Buckler:  please refrain from derogatory comments about another's work.

Quote from: SleepKiller on October 16, 2011, 04:06:59 PM
Yeah it would appear so my testing was not that fruitful.

well, it seems to work for me, so i'm not sure why he said that--could you tell us what you are trying to do ?
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Phobos Developer on October 16, 2011, 06:55:39 PM
That has nothing to do with your fake shell builder does it?
That is not fake it is designed to let you redo the interface more effectivly when combined with BattleBelk's Interface Tool. And I find it highly offensive that you think of it as fake.

Quote from: Buckler on October 16, 2011, 06:59:30 PM
well, it seems to work for me, so i'm not sure why he said that--could you tell us what you are trying to do ?
I was trying to put all the AI on teams 3 and 4 so they would damage the players.

oh thats what it does?  :slap: i though t it was just a way to make a custom shell color like the red shell thing.
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

:wave:
Quote from: jdee-barc on October 16, 2011, 07:47:12 PM
oh thats what it does?  :slap: i though t it was just a way to make a custom shell color like the red shell thing.
It also lets you add a splash screen to the start up screens at the start of SWBF  ;)

um, would you mind telling me how to do the splash screen thingy, either inboxing it or posting it here? i want to make a splash screen for my mod.

you're talking about the splash screens of logos like LucasArts, Pandemic, Dolby 5.1, and other companies?
Current Projects:

Yup I am, first download it. http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=360

Then go into addon and the textures folder inside their and find  my_screen.tga then change it to how you want.

Munge it all up.

Then.

Copy my Shell.lvl and replace your one with mine. YOU MUST REDISTRUBUTE
IT WITH YOUR MOD!

Make your changes to the TGAS and munge. Then copy addon.lvl from
_LVL_PC and put it in your games _LVL_PC .

Then copy the folder aaa and put it in your addon folder.

Your mod should now have a splash screen.  :cheer:

October 16, 2011, 08:22:55 PM #97 Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 08:33:10 PM by Phobos Developer
Quote from: SleepKiller on October 16, 2011, 07:32:06 PM
That is not fake it is designed to let you redo the interface more effectivly when combined with BattleBelk's Interface Tool. And I find it highly offensive that you think of it as fake.
I was trying to put all the AI on teams 3 and 4 so they would damage the players.
I find it highly offensive you would intentionally mislabel your builder. If you call it a shell builder then its a fake. It is an addon.lvl builder. You do not have 1 single source file needed to munge the shell.lvl. All you did was mod your own and tell people they have to include it with any addon.lvl enhancements they make. A real shell.lvl builder would build the actual shell.lvl using source files, which have not been completely released. BattleBelk's shell builder is not fake, but its mostly incomplete.

If I were to release a 'mission builder' with a compiled mission.lvl and no source files to munge the mission, I would not be surprised if others called it fake or mislabel.

Not trying to be offensive, but I think it would be far more appropriate to label it as a "shell enhancer/addon.lvl builder".

That being said, I doubt we will ever see all the source files needed to build a complete shell.lvl. Sound assets were specifically prohibited from being released and I'm sure other files were too.

Quote from: Phobos Developer on October 16, 2011, 08:22:55 PM
I find it highly offensive you would intentionally mislabel your builder. If you call it a shell builder then its a fake. It is an addon.lvl builder. You do not have 1 single source file needed to munge the shell.lvl. All you did was mod your own and tell people they have to include it with any addon.lvl enhancements they make. A real shell.lvl builder would build the actual shell.lvl using source files, which have not been completely released.
Heres another cool word vexed for instance I am extremely vexed at you and if it were up to me I would see you banned for slandering other peoples work like that. And I never missed labeled my builder it is called Shell TGA Builder meaning it lets you edit Shell.lvls TGAs. And the TGAS in it are ones I worked hard to extract from shell.lvl. And you've just made out that the common.lvl builder that BattleBelk released and the core.lvl builder BattleBelk also released, are not even real builders. My builder is a builder and you clearly have not explored its files properly if you had you would find every single shell tga that Pandemic made not me Pandemic. Also please remebr the concept of HAND.

Oh btw you do not have to redistrubute the shell.lvl after further testing it become not needed.

October 16, 2011, 08:39:08 PM #99 Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 08:42:47 PM by Phobos Developer
Quote from: SleepKiller on October 16, 2011, 08:33:51 PM
Heres another cool word vexed for instance I am extremely vexed at you and if it were up to me I would see you banned for slandering other peoples work like that. And I never missed labeled my builder it is called Shell TGA Builder meaning it lets you edit Shell.lvls TGAs. And the TGAS in it are ones I worked hard to extract from shell.lvl. And you've just made out that the common.lvl builder that BattleBelk released and the core.lvl builder BattleBelk also released, are not even real builders. My builder is a builder and you clearly have not explored its files properly if you had you would find every single shell tga that Pandemic made not me Pandemic. Also please remebr the concept of HAND.

Oh btw you do not have to redistrubute the shell.lvl after further testing it become not needed.
I was not slandering your work. I was exposing your intentional mislabels and the fact you want so badly to pretend that your addon.lvl builder is a shell.lvl builder, to the point of wishing you could ban me for exposing that, well that just goes to show a lot about your true character doesn't it?

You have a custom shell.lvl you force people to use whether they want to or not, rather than just allowing them to build an addon.lvl for the stock shell. That is another reason why I do not see any use for it at all. And I have explored your builder more than you think. You made it so it has to be in BFbuilder to munge, well I edited some batch files and turned it into a stand-alone builder, the way I feel all builders (except map builders) should be.

I'm sure you spent some time extracting the TGA from the stock shell but anyone could do that in under an hour. The source TGA would be useful if the other assets were released but they aren't and probably won't be. A builder for something is what it builds, or munges. The mission.lvl builder for example, takes LUA source files and munges/builds a mission.lvl file. Your tool takes tga files and munges them into an addon.lvl It can be useful but it's not a shell.lvl builder is all I'm saying.

I've also done something else with your addon builder but I don't feel I should discuss it with you considering how vexed you already are.

October 16, 2011, 08:53:14 PM #100 Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 08:57:09 PM by SleepKiller
My intentional mislabels? You really have the iQ of stupid don't you? The name of it is SWBF1 Shell TGA Builder not shell.lvl builder. And also this was my first builder I made hence why it needs to be in BFBuilder to work.  Now lets knock some sense into you :bonk: .

EDIT: 100th reply to this topic.

That being said, I doubt we will ever see all the source files needed to build a complete shell.lvl. Sound assets were specifically prohibited from being released and I'm sure other files were too.

That was due to filesize (stupid reason) and copyright issues (more reasonable reason)

Quote from: Phobos Developer on October 16, 2011, 08:39:08 PM
I've also done something else with your addon builder but I don't feel I should discuss it with you considering how vexed you already are.

I'm not poking my head into the argument here (TL;DR) but would you mind discussing the "something you did" anyways? unless it's something irrelevant. I mean, if you did something you consider innovative with it, then share it, but if its an insult, don't. that should go for everyone. me included

:confused: i was going to write this response but you guys keep ninjaing my posts.

Quote from: SleepKiller on October 16, 2011, 08:53:14 PM
:bonk: .
best. emoticon. ever. :rofl:

but seriously, phobos, what did you do?
Current Projects:

October 16, 2011, 09:07:42 PM #102 Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 09:12:34 PM by jdee-barc
Quote from: Phobos Developer on October 16, 2011, 08:39:08 PM
I was not slandering your work. I was exposing your intentional mislabels and the fact you want so badly to pretend that your addon.lvl builder is a shell.lvl builder, to the point of wishing you could ban me for exposing that, well that just goes to show a lot about your true character doesn't it?

You have a custom shell.lvl you force people to use whether they want to or not, rather than just allowing them to build an addon.lvl for the stock shell. That is another reason why I do not see any use for it at all. And I have explored your builder more than you think. You made it so it has to be in BFbuilder to munge, well I edited some batch files and turned it into a stand-alone builder, the way I feel all builders (except map builders) should be.

I'm sure you spent some time extracting the TGA from the stock shell but anyone could do that in under an hour. The source TGA would be useful if the other assets were released but they aren't and probably won't be. A builder for something is what it builds, or munges. The mission.lvl builder for example, takes LUA source files and munges/builds a mission.lvl file. Your tool takes tga files and munges them into an addon.lvl It can be useful but it's not a shell.lvl builder is all I'm saying.

ok i feel like i need to point out a few things here.

1. i don't feel forced to use it. i have my own methods of customizing shell should i need to (hexeditors, lvl extractors, missionlist script, era mod addme. i'm not sure why you would think others feel forced to also

2. "You made it so it has to be in BFbuilder to munge, well I edited some batch files and turned it into a stand-alone builder, the way I feel all builders (except map builders) should be."  thats rather simplistic. i did that for my mod, devising a single batch file that munges everything (common, mission, addme-era, core, sides, worlds)

3. it doesn't build shell.lvl, bro. it allows custom shell textures, and apparently splash screens. psych0fred made it for his redshell build. sleepkiller made it so you can do more with it. thats why its called SHELLTGABUILDER. i don't see a mislabel, and i don't think it was intended if anyone else thinks there was one

4. yeah... you're slandering his work by labeling it as useless or accusing him of mislabeling it. i think you did the same with DEAGLE by saying all his maps had viruses stored in them.
sorry, but i'd have to side with sleepkiller on this.
Current Projects:

Quote from: jdee-barc on October 16, 2011, 09:07:42 PM
3. it doesn't build shell.lvl, bro. it allows custom shell textures, and apparently splash screens. psych0fred made it for his redshell build. sleepkiller made it so you can do more with it. thats why its called SHELLTGABUILDER. i don't see a mislabel, and i don't think it was intended if anyone else thinks there was one
And everyone on gametoast seemed to quite like having the ability to do that to SWBF1.

this thread is really getting off topic....