Questions I Would Ask BattleBelk

Started by Phobos, October 11, 2011, 08:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
You might be right, you might be wrong. Until an LUA decompiler is released I will probably not try to go that route. My idea is to somehow edit the already munged scripts before they are munged again into lvl. Maybe hex editing is possible.

The question I want answered most right now is #2, removing multi player chat somehow. I will be devoting some time to exploring this possibility. If you have any ideas please share them. I will ignore comments such as "don't waste your time, it's impossible, blah blah blah". As if someone talking like that can even prove it.

October 13, 2011, 02:18:05 PM #16 Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 02:19:58 PM by SleepKiller
QuoteYou might be right, you might be wrong. Until an LUA decompiler is released I will probably not try to go that route. My idea is to somehow edit the already munged scripts before they are munged again into lvl. Maybe hex editing is possible.
Another thing I've wasted hours of my life doing and failing. I got so close to having new singleplayer eras with that. 

Oh yeah and your other question I can think of one way that may do it but it would breach the EULA so.....

Quote from: SleepKiller on October 13, 2011, 02:18:05 PM
Another thing I've wasted hours of my life doing and failing. I got so close to having new singleplayer eras with that. 

Oh yeah and your other question I can think of one way that may do it but it would breach the EULA so.....
BattleBelk's sptest launcher breaches EULA also but I have never seen anyone get in trouble for hosting it  :rofl:

I'm not sure why we even need a sixth slot though. I've been perfectly content modding SWBF1 with just 5 units. What i really just want to know is whether you can set up randomized things (like skydomes/environment, legions, even maps), and how to setup the "CTF" you somehow managed to transpose to BF1 and deathmatch mode.
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

Quote from: Phobos Developer on October 13, 2011, 02:44:06 PM
BattleBelk's sptest launcher breaches EULA also but I have never seen anyone get in trouble for hosting it  :rofl:
Yes, but I do not like to breach the EULA.

Well, if the price was right, I would buy the source code. 

But I'm not sure it even exists anymore, given the amount of time and companies that have passed.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: SleepKiller on October 13, 2011, 03:38:19 PM
Yes, but I do not like to breach the EULA.
I don't care if the solution breaches it or not. I doubt anyone from lucasarts will either.

Quote from: Buckler on October 13, 2011, 03:50:04 PM
Well, if the price was right, I would buy the source code. 

But I'm not sure it even exists anymore, given the amount of time and companies that have passed.
It is probably locked away in a vault somewhere.

It's guarded... but beware ==>

oh, um, a few people from Pandemic Studios now run a small business making iOS apps. I don't remember their website, but they do give subtle mention to the pandemic shutdown and subtle insults at EA  :P.
Current Projects:

sleepkiller making a new singleplayer era is not really that hard, all you need to do is edit missionlist.lua and reinject it into shell.lvl

Me and ggctuk have two different threads for it on gametoast. his has more information on how to do it. mine is about actually discovering it. take a look at it.
Current Projects:

It is not that simple just to edit missionlist.lua you need to reprogram the interface to make it look like their are new eras when in fact all you are using is the two.

i simply mean overwriting the old campaign.

Quote from: SleepKiller on October 13, 2011, 08:00:00 PM
It is not that simple just to edit missionlist.lua you need to reprogram the interface to make it look like their are new eras when in fact all you are using is the two.

The way  I did it was very simple and didn't involve any of this. i just deleted the contents of addme and overwrote it with missionllist, adding maps to be shown automatically.
Current Projects:

I never like to do things the simple way though.  :)

Quote from: SleepKiller on October 14, 2011, 01:19:54 PM
I never like to do things the simple way though.  :)

I always try the hardest and most tedious possible way too, just incase it opens up a new feature, but other then that, I stick to the way I know works 100% of the tme.

Now about all these things about 6th units and lua commands, I found a C-code disassembler (that supposedly can almost completley reverse engineer an executable). If the battlefront.exe is programmed in C, then this should help. It would help a bit, if it works. It's called REC Decompiler, for Windows and Ubuntu Linux (using both to see which one works better for this).

This is just an image of how it works, not what i've done

I know the legality of this is questionable, but it would probably help answer questions.
Current Projects: