Questions I Would Ask BattleBelk

Started by Phobos, October 11, 2011, 08:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
October 17, 2011, 01:03:11 AM #120 Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 01:08:20 AM by Phobos Developer
Quote from: SleepKiller on October 17, 2011, 12:56:31 AM
You under estimate what it actaully takes to make deathmatch work the way it is supposed to. And a modder makes his assets to put in his mods not anyone elses if he releases them good for him. But you can not get annoyed when a modder does not release his assets that he has worked hard on. And here is another reason to despise me I know how to do custom galatic conquests but I have never told anyone how to.
It's funny you think I under-estimate a mod when you don't even know what I know about it.
I respect modders who share partially or completely their assets.

But LUA code mods that work are so limited in swbf1, that I have no respect for anyone who tries to hide them or keep them secret. To be so arrogant as to think that your discovery cannot be explored further and developed further by anyone else is a big disadvantage to the swbf1 community.

I'm sure you feel some sort of morbid pride in hoarding knowledge of how to expand swbf1 with mods just to try and make a name for yourself. I will have pride in sharing those discoveries with other modders and seeing what they can come up with to help keep the modding community alive.

The way I see it, it does not matter what you know unless you have provided the means by which the modding community can understand or modify it.

Most modders want to make a mod that is special and not like another mod. Hence why most of us do not post our assets of our yet to be completed mod.

October 17, 2011, 04:30:09 AM #122 Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 05:26:06 PM by Buckler
Oh man, I go to sleep, and wake up to this!

I don't  have time before work to read everything is detail.  I will address some issues that were brought up in it at a later time.

Let's lock this topic, take a deep breath, and maybe start a new one.

BTW sleepkiller, teams 3 and 4 do attack players...watch the video :P

Feel free to download my mission and map and see for yourself.  The only thing I don't have is sound.

------------------------------
Edit by Buckler

General comments about this thread:

-please no personal attacks or name calling

-modders are free to call their items what ever they want---the thing does what it does, and I appreciate that it has been released

-modders release what they want to release--I am personally thankful for those that have released things, so that I can have an easier time and host their mods for the remaining players to have fun.

-GT is what it is, and how they treat people and how people treat them should be left to GT (I have seen them do silly things too, like change JediKiller's avatar to Boy George, just because someone had an issue with him pointing out a security flaw.)  So they are not perfect either.

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet