Questions I Would Ask BattleBelk

Started by Phobos, October 11, 2011, 08:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Its never been on topic if you think about it..... The topic is Questions I Would Ask BattleBelk not Will You Help Me Work Out How To Do These Things.

October 16, 2011, 09:47:29 PM #106 Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 05:14:34 PM by Buckler
Quote from: SleepKiller on October 16, 2011, 09:24:28 PM
And everyone on gametoast seemed to quite like having the ability to do that to SWBF1.

according to phobos. gametoast promotes fascism. he's just angry that he got banned.

edit by Buckler:  OK, let's let gametoast do their own thing, and leave that issue in the past.
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

October 16, 2011, 10:01:21 PM #107 Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 10:12:33 PM by Phobos Developer
Quote from: SleepKiller on October 16, 2011, 08:53:14 PM
My intentional mislabels? You really have the iQ of stupid don't you? The name of it is SWBF1 Shell TGA Builder not shell.lvl builder. And also this was my first builder I made hence why it needs to be in BFBuilder to work.  Now lets knock some sense into you :bonk: .

EDIT: 100th reply to this topic.
It is a mislabel, that's all. It does not build TGA files, it builds addon.lvl using tga files. It doesn't take much IQ to understand that. Apparently you must have been :sleep: when thinking of that.

With certain batch files it no longer needs to be in bfbuilder, nor does bfbuilder have to exist. Yes, simple to do. Simple like extracting tga files from compiled lvl.

October 16, 2011, 10:04:02 PM #108 Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 10:09:07 PM by Phobos Developer
Quote from: jdee-barc on October 16, 2011, 09:07:42 PM

4. yeah... you're slandering his work by labeling it as useless or accusing him of mislabeling it. i think you did the same with DEAGLE by saying all his maps had viruses stored in them.
sorry, but i'd have to side with sleepkiller on this.
I said his work was mislabeled and useless only to me. It is not an accusation but an observation. I never said "all of DEAGLE's maps have viruses stored in them" that is a blatant lie about me and I think its pathetic of you to say that. The thread should still be on this forum, where I posted a screenshot of a virus scan showing positive results for some scanners regarding his nick changer exe hack. Nothing to do with his maps.

Quote from: SleepKiller on October 16, 2011, 09:28:01 PM
Its never been on topic if you think about it..... The topic is Questions I Would Ask BattleBelk not Will You Help Me Work Out How To Do These Things.
This thread goes off topic often enough thanks to sleepkiller but I see that most others keep it on track.[/b]
Quote from: jdee-barc on October 16, 2011, 09:47:29 PM
according to phobos. gametoast promotes fascism. he's just angry that he got banned.
Gametoast is fascism and you are just angry you can't accept that as truth. Maveritchell coming to this forum to ask the moderators to censor download links to a collection of modding tutorials (NONE of which strip credits to their authors) is as fascist as it gets so quit making up lies to defend that kind of immaturity. Deleting dozens of tutorials and builders someone uploads just because they refuse to put screenshots for WIPs is also fascist but I see you are incapable of seeing those things objectively.

October 16, 2011, 10:10:35 PM #109 Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 10:17:18 PM by jdee-barc
well, my apologies, then, i thought it was maps, not the nick changer, which also did not give my unprotected (no virusscaners) windows xp partition a virus.

Quote from: Phobos Developer on October 16, 2011, 10:01:21 PM
It is a stupid mislabel, that's all. It does not build TGA files, it builds addon.lvl

With my batch files it no longer needs to be in bfbuilder, nor does bfbuilder have to exist.

but this ^ is wrong.
1. We just explained it: its not a mislabel. now accept that :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: (i just love that emoticon).

2. bfbuilder is of an kind of essential part for the modtools. Unless you created a batch file for this, then you need it to actually create a map mod folder, add stock sides or create custom side folders which you then add your own stuff to.

and if you want to have it so your map is automatically loaded when you launch zero edit, then you need it.

it may not be needed for what you intend to do, but for beginning, amateur, and even advanced mapmakers and modders, and the rest of us, it is.

Quote from: Phobos Developer on October 16, 2011, 10:04:02 PM
I said his work was mislabeled and useless only to me. It is not an accusation but an observation. I never said "all of DEAGLE's maps have viruses stored in them" that is a blatant lie about me and I think its pathetic of you to say that. The thread should still be on this forum, where I posted a screenshot of a virus scan showing positive results for some scanners regarding his nick changer exe hack. Nothing to do with his maps.

This thread goes off topic often enough thanks to sleepkiller but I see that most others keep it on track.Gametoast is fascism and you are just angry you can't accept that as truth. Maveritchell coming to this forum to ask the moderators to censor download links to a collection of modding tutorials (NONE of which strip credits to their authors) is as fascist as it gets so quit making up lies to defend that kind of immaturity. Deleting dozens of tutorials and builders someone uploads just because they refuse to put screenshots for WIPs is also fascist but I see you are incapable of seeing those things objectively.

yeah, you notice how measured and calm i'm being, right? i'm not being angry and i am trying my best to make any accusations accurate. i would be more inclined to take you more seriously if  you didn't label everything that disagreed with your ideals as fascist.

and gametoast probably just got sick of your attitude.

Here we go again

[/flame]
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

October 16, 2011, 10:18:09 PM #110 Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 10:28:18 PM by Phobos Developer
Quote from: jdee-barc on October 16, 2011, 10:10:35 PM
well, my apologies, then, i thought it was maps, not the nick changer, which also did not give my unprotected (no virusscaners) windows xp partition a virus.

but this ^ is wrong.
1. We just explained it: its not a mislabel. now accept that :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: (i just love that emoticon).

2. bfbuilder is of an kind of essential part for the modtools. Unless you created a batch file for this, then you need it to actually create a map mod folder, add stock sides or create custom side folders which you then add your own stuff to.

and if you want to have it so your map is automatically loaded when you launch zero edit, then you need it.

it may not be needed for what you intend to do, but for beginning, amateur, and even advanced mapmakers and modders, and the rest of us, it is.

yeah, you notice how measured and calm i'm being, right? i'm not being angry and i am trying my best to make any accusations accurate. i would be more inclined to take you more seriously if  you didn't label everything that disagreed with your ideals as fascist.

and gametoast probably just got sick of your attitude.
It is a mislabel, accept the fact that it does not build tga files. Therefore it is not a tga builder. It is an addon.lvl builder. Accept it or not, but that's the simple truth of the matter. The TGA files were built during the extraction/conversion process.

BFbuilder is redundant for most lvl to be compiled. 99% of lvl only use a few exe from the toolsFL folder. Sides, common, mission, sound, and core builders are all standalone and do not need to be in the bfbuilder. I feel shell/addon deserves the same benefit. Especially considering most new modders don't download bfbuilder until they learn how to edit the other lvl files (the ones I have been teaching at least).

BFbuilder is essential to mod maps but not everything. In fact I think it is better for new modders to start with easier files such as mission and side.

I don't "label everything that disagree with my ideals as fascist." and I highly doubt you are being serious or calm by making false accusation after false accusation about me. The two examples I gave to defend my statement remain valid and unless you have a reason to say those actions are not fascist then I suggest you stop with the false accusations.

Gametoast deleted several modding tutorials and builders I uploaded there, but it's their loss because all those things are now here.

Threads that were originally posted on gametoast (archived in modding encylopedia) then deleted when I got banned for refusing to upload a screenshot for zombie hotel WIP. Threads that gametoast felt were detrimental to their forum and the swbf1 community:
Hex Editing Tutorial - http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=3640
Mission.lvl Modding - Basics Tutorial - http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=3641
SWBF1 Hovernaut Assets - http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=3664.0
Also deleted sound.lvl builder v1.1 and v1.2

There are other examples but I think this is more than enough to prove my point.

October 16, 2011, 10:35:18 PM #111 Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 10:39:49 PM by Phobos Developer
How did BattleBelk hide the reinforcement numbers in game?
I think the answer to this will answer how to hide chat. There are a few possibilities for the chat, some or all of these may be true:
- All coded in exe
- Textured in a script
- Something in core or shell

If needed I will break down into a picture hierarchy all files which could be relevant to this and post it here. Back to the riley papers for now though.

QuoteUse command "luac -l" to disassemble byte-code into a slightly more meaningful
opcode format.
I'm not sure if that could help or not?

Quote from: Phobos Developer on October 16, 2011, 10:18:09 PM
It is a mislabel, accept the fact that it does not build tga files. Therefore it is not a tga builder. It is an addon.lvl builder. Accept it or not, but that's the simple truth of the matter. The TGA files were built during the extraction/conversion process.

BFbuilder is redundant for most lvl to be compiled. 99% of lvl only use a few exe from the toolsFL folder. Sides, common, mission, sound, and core builders are all standalone and do not need to be in the bfbuilder. I feel shell/addon deserves the same benefit. Especially considering most new modders don't download bfbuilder until they learn how to edit the other lvl files (the ones I have been teaching at least).

BFbuilder is essential to mod maps but not everything. In fact I think it is better for new modders to start with easier files such as mission and side.

I don't "label everything that disagree with my ideals as fascist." and I highly doubt you are being serious or calm by making false accusation after false accusation about me. The two examples I gave to defend my statement remain valid and unless you have a reason to say those actions are not fascist then I suggest you stop with the false accusations.

Gametoast deleted several modding tutorials and builders I uploaded there, but it's their loss because all those things are now here.

Threads that were originally posted on gametoast (archived in modding encylopedia) then deleted when I got banned for refusing to upload a screenshot for zombie hotel WIP. Threads that gametoast felt were detrimental to their forum and the swbf1 community:
Hex Editing Tutorial - http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=3640
Mission.lvl Modding - Basics Tutorial - http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=3641
SWBF1 Hovernaut Assets - http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=3664.0
Also deleted sound.lvl builder v1.1 and v1.2

There are other examples but I think this is more than enough to prove my point.
I give up it is a Shel TGA Builder weither you like it or not. And it is not mislabled.

And are honestly so stupid, GameToast is set up to auto delete the posts of banned members. And you got banned for not obeying a request of one of the most respected and attained modders in the SWBF community who is also an admin on gametoast. You can't refuse to follow rules and then expect the admins not to get trigger happy. And btw I find it much better to have my whole project in one folder this is were BFBuilder Pro comes in handy

And of course you are blaming me for this topic going off track. The only one doing these "false accusations" is you.

October 17, 2011, 12:24:49 AM #114 Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 05:16:57 PM by Buckler
Most modders I know would not agree with your claim that a respected modder is someone who censors download links to modding tutorials and auto-deletes mod tutorial threads. You and barc have both been making false accusations, your replies have nothing to do with the content of the thread and always try to derail the topic. Call it a shell tga builder if you want, but it builds addon.lvl file so I will be calling it addon.lvl builder.

edit by Buckler:  please no personal attacks.

I think I know my own tool a bit better than you ::) .

And Teancum is one of the best SWBF modders you will ever meet.That just shows how you are not a true member of the community to not see that.

October 17, 2011, 12:33:11 AM #116 Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 05:18:14 PM by Buckler
Quote from: SleepKiller on October 17, 2011, 12:28:56 AM
I think I know my own tool a bit better than you ::) .

And Teancum is one of the best SWBF modders you will ever meet.That just shows how you are not a true member of the community to not see that.
Teancum is one of the most hypocritical fascist I've ever met, Maveritchell is worse though. It goes to show how much of a fake member of the community you are to defend their censorship campaign of modding encyclopedia when I have shared all my assets tutorials and knowledge with the community. They constantly censor assets and hoard models. It is by no means the right kind of place for swbf1 modding.

edit by Buckler:  Modders who want to share will share, those that don't want to will not.  Please no personal attacks.

QuoteAlso remember how you tried to keep the lua source for deathmatch secret when you first discovered it?
Why, last I checked it was still closed source but to a select few.

And Teancum and Maveritchell are amazing modders and great members of the community. Their main mod has gotton over 265884 downloads! If you ever top that let me know.

October 17, 2011, 12:50:38 AM #118 Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 12:55:45 AM by Phobos Developer
Quote from: SleepKiller on October 17, 2011, 12:47:52 AM
Why, last I checked it was still closed source but to a select few.

And Teancum and Maveritchell are amazing modders and great members of the community. Their main mod has gotton over 265884 downloads! If you ever top that let me know.

That's just the kind of pathetic asset/knowledge hoarding I despise and so does the majority of the active swbf1 modding community. Your deathmatch mod is a super simple LUA edit and the fact you try to keep achievements like this closed source is the primary reason I disrespect you. If I gave a rat about download count I would be kissing their behinds just like you. I'd rather make a better mod, and share the assets with other modders, than try to top some meaningless download count. Wow, I guess I expected too much (integrity) from you.

Would you be pissed if I shared the source code you are trying to keep secret? I can see how you might want to be the only one capable of making those mods (just like how mav wanted to be the only person who could have mon calamarians in his mods), but that didn't stop me from learning it and it won't stop others.

Quote from: Phobos Developer on October 17, 2011, 12:50:38 AM
That's just the kind of pathetic asset/knowledge hoarding I despise and so does the majority of the active swbf1 modding community. Your deathmatch mod is a super simple LUA edit and the fact you try to keep achievements like this closed source is the primary reason I disrespect you. If I gave a rat about download count I would be kissing their behinds just like you. I'd rather make a better mod, and share the assets with other modders, than try to top some meaningless download count. Wow, I guess I expected too much (integrity) from you.
You under estimate what it actaully takes to make deathmatch work the way it is supposed to. And a modder makes his assets to put in his mods not anyone elses if he releases them good for him. But you can not get annoyed when a modder does not release his assets that he has worked hard on. And here is another reason to despise me I know how to do custom galatic conquests but I have never told anyone how to.