[WIP] Random Characters

Started by Nikoli, April 15, 2010, 09:31:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I could make the maps for you if you want, I've been mapping for a while. Or we could make it a project of the ApeX Modding team.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Either one works. I can make map models (IE cars, buildings, and stuff) map props don't need any nodes so they would be really easy to pump out.

Wow, I could easily put them in a map, just maybe give me some pics of how you want it to look and send me the assets.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: Chaos733 on April 19, 2010, 09:37:57 AM
make shotguns

Can you please stop spamming? Making short replies like this that offer no detail or anything other than a demand for content is rather annoying to everyone.

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

Here's a shot of how I want the Urban map to feel http://www.zath.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-2-online-screenshot-3.jpg  lots of small streets and alleys and some buildings you can go into and up on the upper stories.  I know that's a lot of work but it something that no one really does, only example I can think of that is close is eddie's italia.  The snow map can be kinda like hoth minus the star wars vehicles.  Desert I want to look like this http://www.dimes.org/tutorials/images/desert.jpg with an oasis and a little village (the buildings from mos eisly would work perfect ).  And the jungle map just needs to look like a jungle :XD: 

April 19, 2010, 06:12:55 PM #35 Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 07:00:30 PM by Snake
 :'(Allright, but you will have to make alot of assets, mostly for the urban map. I will need stuff like, lightpoles, houses, destroyed houses, maybe like stairs to go up to another street level, (I can raise the height of the map) If you want places that are dirt and then streets you will also have to make streets.
Other stuff that will be needed:
Destroyed cars
Undestroyed cars
dead bodies of both sides (If you want)
Accessories for buildings (Water towers, antennae, other)
Bridges
I think I can come up with other stuff from custom/shipped assets. It will still need alot of stuff though.
For desert i need rock outcroppings, i can get a lot of rocks from shipped assets. Maybe also some shrubs, fences, buildings ( if you dont only want tatooine stuff)
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

What is the Best Cod map? that is the question maybe do a poll and see what map gets the highest votes so you know what map to make

you can use your discretion for the desert map, you should be able to find all the stuff you need from the tatooine map assets.  As for the urban map's assets, the buildings and cars are easy and the other stuff shouldn't be to hard. And if anybody knows what is involved with making tanks and spaceships I may try my hand at making a tank or jet.

a long time ago i tried making a german tank, but i could never get it to show up ingame right. :'( I even made a av8b harrier, but that wouldt even show up ingame. :'( (and yes, the tank texture sucks)
There is no 'ctrl' button on Chuck Norris's computer. Chuck Norris is always in control.

April 20, 2010, 05:00:27 AM #40 Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 05:06:02 AM by xfire keenmike
Jango, have you been able to use that demo version to make a model that works in game?

April 20, 2010, 09:16:54 AM #41 Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 08:04:47 PM by Red
[mod]The MPCGamers staff would like to remind you that discussion of illegal content is strictly forbidden.[/mod]

April 20, 2010, 09:20:22 AM #42 Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 09:22:05 AM by ag
Quote from: Chaos733 on April 20, 2010, 09:16:54 AM
Wouldnt jsut be easier to copy a map complety from cod then make your own???

Chaos how many times do I have to tell you, this is both illegal and impossible since the original assets are not released to the public. You can make a map based off of call of duty, but otherwise, don't mention it on the forum.

And no, it's not easier to do because it involves you porting each individual item and then placing them in the map.

#TYBG

Ok I know I got distracted but this is so totally awesome I have to show it (plus it kinda helped me work some kinks out of the modeling process)

NERF GUNS IN SWBF!!!!!!

The maverick and longstrike! I now know what my next project will be.

rofl! Wow that looks awesome! Nice job.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder