[WIP] Random Characters

Started by Nikoli, April 15, 2010, 09:31:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure it's impossible to add custom sounds to this kind of mod. I'm fairly sure if these sides were made for a specific map, you'd be able to include new sounds in the files of the map itself. However, seeing as one of the main selling points of this mod is it's compatibility with ALL maps without custom sides, It's my personal opinion you should stick with the blaster sounds and let the player's imagination explain/ignore them. :P

Quote from: Nikoli on August 19, 2010, 07:23:55 PM
Not really sure what the first question is  :blink:
@ Nikoli   the first question was instead of what thing have you replaced the car (instead of the x-wing or something like that)
@Mike   And they say my line's are spelled wrong (maze in a maze in a maze without being a maze but accualy it Is a maze however if it would be a maze it wouldn't look like this not-mazy map but it should be a mazy map because that was the first opinion)

"Better not be at all than not be noble" - Lord Alfred Tennyson
https://www.facebook.com/SWBFGamers
https://twitter.com/swbfuniverse

The Humvee replaces the Republic hover tank. And now that I've found out how to make turrets (thanks to the help of epifire) I can finally make tanks so that the russians and US can now have main battle tanks!

Creating sound for the game is very simple. I can munge a side file and have skins and changes for the troops. When some one sets up a simple munge folders for sound then sound for the mod can be made very easy.

Some testing of a WIP model that I made for the mod.
http://www.xfire.com/video/35cae8/  :mf:

Video showing off the new bullet physics
http://www.xfire.com/video/35caea/   :commander:

Very cool :tu:
the first guy still had a lazer pistol though

Quote from: Nikoli on September 09, 2010, 05:43:36 AM
Some testing of a WIP model that I made for the mod.
http://www.xfire.com/video/35cae8/  :mf:
That is good. Is he just jumping with a slight jet push up?

I was just testing a couple of the animations with the model. So yes.

I love the detail on the feet, Skywalker's model didn't even have detailed feet last time I remembered.

Overall this looks very exciting, I am patiently awaiting for the public release. While this mod is amazing in terms of visual content, please make the new game mechanics as polished as you can. I'd rather have a polished game that looks terrible than a beautiful one that's broken. For example, nobody wants a chopper to annihilate everyone in its path to render the whole game useless.

Take the time to make this mod, the mod. It's best not rushed, but please tease us with updates whenever you can. :D

Also random sidenote, it would be pretty sweet if you made another version of the mod where it's only visually different so that it's online compatible. Just for the enjoyment. :D

#TYBG

Quote from: ag on September 09, 2010, 08:37:30 PM
For example, nobody wants a chopper to annihilate everyone in its path to render the whole game useless.
:o you didn't like my chopper Mk1??? lol I'm planning on making the chopper really powerfull offensive wise but have really weak armor (the RPG-7 is going to have a field day :shady:) to make up for the russians not having any choppers

Quote from: Nikoli on September 09, 2010, 10:28:37 PM
:o you didn't like my chopper Mk1??? lol I'm planning on making the chopper really powerfull offensive wise but have really weak armor (the RPG-7 is going to have a field day :shady:) to make up for the russians not having any choppers

I didn't say I didn't like that chopper. Just trying to make an example.

#TYBG

Keep up the good work Nikol!! I really like this mod idea :D

Quote from: ag on September 09, 2010, 08:37:30 PM
Also random sidenote, it would be pretty sweet if you made another version of the mod where it's only visually different so that it's online compatible. Just for the enjoyment. :D

I agree that would be really nice ;).

First off I'd like to let you guys know that I haven't given up on this mod. I just am really really busy so if I have time to mod it's usually (if I'm lucky) maybe 5 min a day so I haven't been able to continue at my previous rate.  :td:

Secondly I recently got to watch Avatar for the first time. And I have to say, I was really impressed by the technology that the humans used and I really liked the way their guns looked. So all this to say. How interested would you guys be for a mod that makes the game similar to battlefield 2142 after this mod is released?
It wouldn't require a lot of changes and I'd be able to use quite a few of the included star wars sounds without making it seem funky.
The other option would be to make a not quite 2142 but not 2010 era. Say something more like 2030. So there would be some real life guns that are being used today and also allow me to add lazer guns and also my favorite VTOLs (like in Avatar and Halo)

So what do you guys say?

I am still here with swbf1. Only time will tell for how long. I like changes and will be here for anyone else that also likes what I like. There are few of us left.

I like the 2142 idea.  I trust your skills in making amazing stuff.  If you need any reference pics I can do some research for you (so you don't have to take a ton of time looking).