Started by ggctuk, October 18, 2009, 02:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Okay, screens time:

X1 (his kama is missing although I hex-edited it in):

K-Wing:

(courtesy of psych0fred)

Flyer Domes in other maps:

In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

For the last mpm i had a hard time installing it (took two days).  Do you think you can include an installer with this one?  Ive downloaded some really complicated mods in the past, but there was always insinstaller .exe, which did not work on my mac; it just randomly launched the swbf app if i clicked it.  Even though the .exe was in installer for a completely different game, if just launched swbf  :confused:
So, and installer for the mac would be appreciated.

Okay, I'm having loading troubles with the CW era with the new maps I've compiled. I don't know why, but they worked fine in GCW.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

November 28, 2009, 03:31:14 PM #33 Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 03:33:48 PM by ggctuk
Okay, I have some retooling to do with the Republic/CIS sides as they keep on freezing the game upon load (The Load dial still spins but I waited about ten minutes before giving up). This happens on ALL levels, not just the ones I've changed. So I'm going back to the assets I released, pairing it with the amended weapons ODFs I have, and remaking the Republic and CIS LVL files again.

I can say for certain it's not the new vehicles. I made a separate side LVL, thinking that the MTT was the cause, but if the MTT was the cause, I would now have no working eras (as the side LVL contains all vehicles).

On the upshot, I've inserted the following new vehicles into the game:

- K-Wing
- MTT (needs testing, can't get on to do it just yet as CW era freezes)
- Virago Fighter (NOTE: Those who played my Naboo: Prototype conversion will know this)
- Scarab Fighter (NOTE: Those who played my Naboo: Prototype conversion will know this)
- V19 Strafighter (NOTE: Those who played my Naboo: Prototype conversion will know this)
- TIE X1 (NOTE: Those who played my Naboo: Prototype conversion will know this)
- Rebel Attack Speeder (From BF2, on Yavin IV Arena, and Tatooine: Mos Eisley)
- AT-XT
- Light Attack Speeder (NOTE: Those who played my Naboo: Prototype conversion will know this)
- Rebel Hovernaught

I do have the AT-PT but I have yet to figure out where to put it ingame. I was thinking of either creating 2 Mission LVL files - one with Naboo Guards in Theed, one with Rebels, or just having rebels, and instead having the Naboo Guard variation as a separate addon mission with the pack.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Wow, you're going all out this time !
What maps are the Hovernaut and MTT going into ?

MTT will be available on Rhen var Harbor (If the CIS capture the Republic's staging CP), and on Naboo Plains (I'm using some unused vehicle spawn points here). Hovernaught will be the same on Rhen Var and it will also be on Naboo Plains too, although I have yet to figure out where else to put it.

As a consequence, on Naboo Plains, Imperials start with a couple of AT-ATs, and if the Republic/Alliance capture their CP, they will get AT-TEs/Hovernaut.
In Progress:

On Hold:

That will surely spice up Naboo, thanks !

November 29, 2009, 10:34:02 AM #37 Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 11:32:18 AM by ggctuk
That is if I can even get the Clone Wars to work again. For some odd reason, I have yet to fathom it, but the damn thing freezes at the end of load. The dial still goes.

I've even tried loading the stock levels and removing any and all references to the new CW, which makes me conclude one thing only: An error with the additional sound files is causing this.

EDIT: Confirmed, it is the sound file. It doesn't like the MTT sounds I included, either that or I forgot to add some in there. In any case, I've fixed it for now by removing the sounds. Kashyyyk is throwing a temper-tantrum at the moment, but I will get it working.

The AT-XT works beautifully. I have armed it with the Republic Fighter's cannons (rather than the AT-ST's cannons), and the AT-RT's mortar launcher.

In the meantime, here's a couple of new shots, pretty much proof-of-concept:

In Progress:

On Hold:

Whats a hoovernaut?
Those vehicles look cool :tu:

November 30, 2009, 03:01:07 AM #39 Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 02:38:38 PM by ggctuk
The Alliance Hovernaut is a command tank cut from the game. It acts as a mobile spawn point exactly the same as an MTT, AT-AT or AT-TE.

EDIT: Kashyyyk is being infuriating right now. It refuses to play the standard SFX when I have the custom SFX file loaded. Kashyyyk is the ONLY planet that happens on! And, as an addition, it ONLY happens in CW (GCW works fine)

Okay, a few more screens to show:

The MTT is slow-moving, but it has cannons which fire two coupled shots at a time. A Republic Fighter Tank would soon fall beneath the barrage.

New 501st skin for Kashyyyk Imperials:
In Progress:

On Hold:

November 30, 2009, 04:33:17 PM #40 Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 07:21:04 PM by Jon415
I think the 501st skins could use some work.  Maybe its just that photo, but it looks like the helmet is a cross between a phase 1 clone and a stormtrooper.  As for the markings, im not a big fan of the helmet paint.  Im just trying to provide some constructive feedback.

The paint is supposed to look like that since I got the skins from the Conversion pack. You are close - that is actually a Phase II texture for the helmet. I think it more closely resembles the PS2 501st from The Force Unleashed, and that was my goal, after all.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Hmm. I like regular stormtroopers better, and ive never seen the stormies up cloes.  if galak marel (i think thats his name) were in the map that would be cool.

it looks nice so far i would like to see u give the magna gard like 20 rockets in his lancher and fire really fast but not do much damage and to lanch guys much farther then normal rocket lanchers and unlimited jumping and jumping highter and is there a way to make jump packs have ammo insted of recharge cuz i read that a jump pack ionaly had a nuff fule 4 like 30 jumps sorry that a kinda a lot of stuff

Okay, DEVISS-REX has kindly donated a new model to me. it's the Clone Trooper with a Stormtrooper helmet, and it'll be used as the main skin for the Imperial 501st here - it looks a dmaned sight closer to the PS2 version of the Phase II-point-V clones seen in the prologue mission.
In Progress:

On Hold: