Main Play Mod 7

Started by ggctuk, October 18, 2009, 02:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I've been fiddling about with the idea of adding in some of the proposed BFIII/Elite Squadron stuff, porting three heroes from MPM2. I have been working on X1 and X2 for BF2, and those could easily be ported. The other one is Dark Kenobi. Anyways, here's a picture of the X1/X2 "Clone" model.

X1 would be an Imperial hero and X2 would be Alliance.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

taht sounds good, but the pictures are blocked on the computer that im using atm (its at school) so ill see if i can get a chance to look later.

Oh, that's nice idea to bring in some of the elite squadron characters,
do you plan to bring any others in from other games, from TFU you
could have Rahm Kota ?

November 07, 2009, 10:13:07 AM #18 Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 10:15:58 AM by ggctuk
I can't model, and Maveritchell is the only modder with access to a model of Rahm Kota, but it would be cool to have him.

For BF2, I was going to have an Elite Squadron mode, based on the DS version of Elite Squadron, but I could have some mission maps in a separate pack for this.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

It would be nice to have the same sound effects from the mustafar: tying up loose ends and kamino: changing of the guard mission maps for this mod.
I love the new sounds of weapons firing and it provides a nice chande from the stock sfx.

I think I can do that, I'll have to test it thoroughly though, but since I could load missing stock SFX for new vehicles into the stock maps (like Bespin Platforms CW which uses X-Wing and Y-Wing sounds, as well as TIE sounds), it should be possible.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Also if it yould be possible to have new sfx for the droids and rebs and everyone that would be a lot cooler than just the stock sounds.  Half of the reason that i play kamup and musup is just for the cool gunfire sounds :P

No, I won't be replacing all sounds, just the ones I don't like, or no longer fit. As about 80% of the SFX is used universally (IE the droid guns are used in almost all games I've played with the CIS/Trade Federation in them) I do not intend on replacing them all.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Yea the droid guns are pretty good as they are, but i still think you should use all of the sounds from the kam and mus mission pack for the imps and clones.

I will be doing. Perhaps some other new ones too.
In Progress:

On Hold:

BF2's giving me a bit of aggro at the moment (some units refuse to appear on certain maps, I don't know why yet) so I've gone back to BF1.

Yup, the new stuff is being munged and tested over the next week. Expect a beta soon.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Hurrah !
I really think ggctuk should be recognised for his
efforts in SWBF1 land...

Thanks!

This time around, you will only need to replace core.lvl and mission.lvl. Because of the new sounds I've added, I didn't want mod maps to have empty sounds. So I've basically preserved the original sides, which mod maps will use, and the MPM sides will be used by the new mission.lvl files I include. This way, there's no missing dark trooper on mod maps. Downside is, that you won't be able to play MPM sides on maps that I have not overridden with new mission.lvl files.
In Progress:

On Hold:

So the mpm wont work on any maps that you have not made a mission .lvl for?
Will the game crash or will there just be regular sides or something?

QuoteExpect a beta soon.
:cheer:

Regular sides. I have it so that the new sides reside in a child folder of the standard "SIDE" folder.

I'm also attempting to modify some of the maps. Because of errors in the past with ZeroEditor and munging edited shipped maps, I'm not changing the maps in ZeroEditor, but rather the LYR files.
In Progress:

On Hold: