Main Play Mod 7

Started by ggctuk, October 18, 2009, 02:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
October 18, 2009, 02:31:26 PM Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 02:22:27 PM by ggctuk
QuoteTaking suggestions for Main Play Mod 7 (I know I said 6 was going to be the last one but I'll get to that in a sec).

Well, Battlebelk deserves my thanks. Now it is possible to get BF2 terrain into BF1, which means first and foremost, MPM 7 will have never-before-seen maps from BF2 in BF1 (such as Geonosis Plains).

CHANGES TO THE UNITS (not finished):
-General skins cleanup.
-The snipers will each have a three-shot variant of the Blaster Rifle.
-Dark Trooper restored for mod maps (however, it is buggy in that it doesn't have jetpack sounds, despite the ODF being correct)

List of maps to be included (not finished):

Coruscant: Jedi Temple
Geonosis: Plains
Death Star: Interior
Naboo: Theed (Nighttime)

QuoteI'll be doing new mission.lvls for some of the maps I have downloaded. I've also created a side called "OLD.LVL" which contains the original Droid Starfighter and Jedi Starfighter, so  I can have those loaded in old-styled CW maps.

The ARC Trooper weapons will get a slight overhaul in that the ARC Infantry (standard ARC trooper) will carry the proper weaponry, it will be more powerful, but slower to fire than a standard Blaster Rifle.

I'll take suggestions in what I should adapt, although at the moment I'm going to be doing the following:

* Coruscant City
* Coruscant Streets
* Coruscant: Jedi Temple (Reconvert)
* Kamino: Nuroica City (ARC Troopers)
* Kashyyyk: Wookieland
* Kashyyyk: beachhead (BF2 Conversion map)
* Mustafar: Refinery
* Mygeeto: War-Torn City
* Utapau: Sinkhole

New missions:

Hunt Mode will be expanded so that there will be two hunt options per mission mod - this cuts back on the number of maps in addon. Details pending.

Okay, so I announced that I had made the transition to BF2, and initially I was just going to let the BF1 project die. But now I see that I might just finish the original project before I leave. It will be cut back a little bit, there won't be as much fancy stuff going on in it as there was originally.

I would like suggestions, aside from the above. If nobody wants this mod and would rather me get on with the SWBF2 version, I shall get the mods to lock the thread.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

please continue with the swbf1 project-i dont have swbf2 but i love the main play mods :happy:
and where can i get the hunt and those other things??
i cant seem to find them anywhere >:(

They're on SWBF Files. Check my profile there.

Don't worry, I intend on finishing this, it just may not be until after V1 of MPM2 is released.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

the only thing on filefront is the mpm assets

Not FileFront, Star Wars Battlefront Files. Look under Mods. If you get lost, go into the MPM page, and click my username there.
In Progress:

On Hold:

i cant seem to find where to get to the profiles...do i have to be a member?

November 01, 2009, 12:49:16 AM #8 Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 01:06:22 AM by keenmike
i read you are working on a different sides line up. i just had to get my idea up. i will post in a release place now. thanks for reading.

anything to further the game is good. i am glad you are asking for ideas. i have both
swbf1 and 2 and i will be able to experience any mod. i favor swbf1 more. i am still
learning my place in the star wars battle front game play. i will post my ideas. i would
like to see a rebel side line up and an imperial side line up. the ships are not as
important as the sides.

the gunner        i would like him to be the wookie.

the vanguard      i would like him to be luke with a black glove and to have the force as
                       animation when the rockets shoot. i would like the rockets to be exchanged inplace of them a small object like a piece of a health dorid or ammo droid piece or even a small pipe or control panel part.

the medic pilot   i would like this to be han solo with a shot gun. everything else would be the same.

the sniper        i would like this to be princess leia, it would be perfect if she could be like in the movie when she is dressed skimpy in the jabba the hut escape out fit.                 

the wookie         i was thinking this could be the gunner from bf2 or a small character
                       that would look cool when used over and over. the object is to pick a small little guy that would look like he is on steroids. the cross bow is fine the morter launcher i was wanting to give the animation of tossing a grenade, no gun.

believe it or not the imperial sides i would just want zombies. i was hopping to find the
mesh of a bloody skeleton in rancors screen shots.

at times i would like to be able to use the zombie skimesh mod and then when ever i want i can use the regular imperials.

this is what i mean when i use these words
skimesh mod is a mod with skins changes, mesh changes, and weapons changes for the shipped troops in regular game play. the animations may change and weapons gun types may change but the weapon values can not. by keeping the weapon values the same you get the ability to play with others in a server who dont have the skimesh mod. the best part is you wont crash because of the changes.
mod is a file with changes that affect the game
mode is the act of physically changing the game files 
mode is also what is you mode or status or mood at the moment?

hmm
that sounds pretty cool except it wouldnt really be a realism mod-more like a crazyish mod

Sorry, Keenmike, I like the sides setup I have used in the MPM since the start.
In Progress:

On Hold:

no problem, thanks for reading.

QuoteI'll take suggestions in what I should adapt, although at the moment I'm going to be doing the following:
Do you think you would be able to adapt death star interior?  It would look pretty cool to have a bunch of death star troopers there..

Actually, I was thinking of doing that, but the Death Star Engineer would be the Pilot only, rather than the other troopers.
In Progress:

On Hold:

you could make the flame troopers have a variation of the death star uniforms to make it seem more like the death star