How to blow someones mind

Started by Ltin, June 26, 2013, 08:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
if roses are red and violets are blue then by the commutative property the color blue is actually violet. and what two colors make violet? red and blue, which means that you need red to make violet and since violet is actually blue that means you need red to make blue. but what makes red? the past tense of read. because the word you read more than any other word so far in this equation? blue. you read blue creating violet. and because violet is actually blue, it proves that not only did i just blow you mind, but everything you just red(past tense) actually just blue your mind.

Quote from: Ltin on June 26, 2013, 08:07:07 PM
if roses are red(1) and violets are blue(1) then by the commutative property the color blue(2) is actually violet. and what two colors make violet? red(2) and blue(3), which means that you need red(3) to make violet and since violet is actually blue(4) that means you need red(4) to make blue(5). but what makes red(5)? the past tense of read. because the word you read more than any other word so far in this equation? blue. you read blue creating violet. and because violet is actually blue, it proves that not only did i just blow you mind, but everything you just red(past tense) actually just blue your mind.

You sure about that? :-)

Did you hear about the red ship and the blue ship that collided?

Both crews were marooned.

Quote from: UNIT 33 on June 27, 2013, 01:36:14 AM

Now that blew my mind. :P

Quote from: UNIT 33 on June 27, 2013, 01:36:14 AM

This was more creative than the first post.. :slap:

Here's one I heard at summer camp:

If Pinocchio said his nose would grow, would it grow?

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

One of my favourite illusions:

Quote from: Josh on July 26, 2013, 11:38:28 AM
Here's one I heard at summer camp:

If Pinocchio said his nose would grow, would it grow?

Pretty sure it wouldn't.
He needs to lie for his nose to grow, not be wrong.

I have one (an edited version of a famous paradox):
You won a car from a contest.  But the car needs maintenance.  As part of the maintenance process, each and every component is replaced.  The car is then returned to you.  Is it the same car as the one you won?

It depends. What is a car? The model or the components?

if you go back in time to fix something, then the something gets fixed. but because it was fixed, you didnt go back in time to fix it. and because you didnt go back in time to fix it, it was never fixed. so you go back in time to fix it...

Quote from: Roxas on July 26, 2013, 02:56:51 PM
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
This is everyone's reaction to any post now.  :happy:

Quote from: Ltin on July 26, 2013, 02:26:58 PM
if you go back in time to fix something, then the something gets fixed. but because it was fixed, you didnt go back in time to fix it. and because you didnt go back in time to fix it, it was never fixed. so you go back in time to fix it...

I think you're thinking of the Grandfather Paradox. [spoiler]From Wikipedia: "the time traveller went back in time to the time when his grandfather had not married yet. At that time, the time traveller kills his grandfather, and therefore, the time traveller is never born when he was meant to be. If he is never born, then he is unable to travel through time and kill his grandfather, which means he would be born, and so on."[/spoiler]  I made some revisions to the Ship of Theseus Paradox.