Question: whats the difference between BF 1.0 and 1.2?

Started by Kit Fisto, June 19, 2012, 09:26:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1.0 is the first version of the game that got shipped. 1.2 is the last patch created it is more stable and more balanced than previous  versions of the game. Anyone who thinks downgrading to 1.0 is a good idea is kidding themselves, you get way less players, more instability and more unbalanced sides.

I'm play on 1.0 :)
And the differents are:
-Only Sniper and Rocket
-No taking Cp's
-Not using Vehicles
-No Spawnkilling/Spawnmining
-No Noob Kills
-And some things more ..

Maybe we on SWBF 1.0 havent that much Members than 1.2, but it is much better to play and all are Friendly and Fair and you know all where are playing :D
My Released Mods

Crazy Black & White Cloud City: http://www.mediafire.com/?e8iz6tqht4udfk4

Once I went to 1.2, there was no going back : ) 

Full servers with up to 32 people at a time, professionally hosted servers, no catastrophic lag.

Spawn killing and noobs in 1.2, are a small price to pay.

There are technical differences and social differences.

Read this to learn more about the technical differences in the game:
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=449

The social differences are more pronounced, as yoda has mentioned. These things he has mentioned are not limitations to the game, but rather a self imposed play style by a significant subset of the 1.0 players.  This subset is often in a clan.

There is another subset of players that are not in a clan and don't realize that there is an update to the game that is available.  I am not sure that they follow the self imposed play style restrictions.

While we are talking about play style differences, there are differences between Mac and PC play styles too (at least there used to be).  Most 1.2 PC players favor team damage turned off, but Mac 1.2 players had always favored team damage on.  Both of these 1.2 groups are full on CP capping groups.

CP capping tends to be reasonable with a large enough group of players, such as we have historically seen in 1.2.  No-cp favors sniper battles with small groups--typically 3-5 on a team--such as seen in 1.0 where player numbers are smaller.

I would advise that anyone playing 1.0 be well aware of the social play style differences, and be prepared to be ganged up on if you don't follow those conventions.  As you have seen in other posts, some of them were unhappy that I even professionally hosted 1.0 servers for them.

But I do host for them to enjoy the game, and support servers that adhere to 1.0 style play and also have included a server that is geared more toward the players that want to play more like 1.2 style play.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

If you play 1.0 you may not want to read this post. Don't say I didn't warn you.

My thoughts on the social differences: So I decided to check out 1.0, the social experience I got from the version sucked... period. If your in a clan sure you are going to have a blast with them, but otherwise the server didn't seem very friendly; they more seemed like a group of shy boys. Hardly any chatting I noted, mostly a "No CP" when someone joined.

Also the gameplay sucked, SWBF was never designed to be played without capturing command posts and bleed. Above all restricting the classes is an unbalanced and numbskull move. I have poked the ODFs with a stick and have noted that the classes all have highly different reload times, rate of fire and such. Add that with No Command Post capturing and you have yourself a terrible type of gameplay.  It is far better to go and just play in the Sniper Tournament server.

I dont know what to saying now ..
Yeah maybe we arent much Players and yeah there are also the Players where dont know that there isnt  a 1.2 Version ...
But the most of 1.0 Players are Friendly/Fair and Helpfull
Maybe the Guys where you joined at the Server just said "No Cp" because (Noobs) taked the Command Posts again ...
And yeah 99% of 1.0 Players know how to mod or what Mods are ...
But it's not Fair, that you say that the Gameplay suck, because we just have other rules ..
In our Opinion 1.2 sucks ^^ (Nothing against 1.2 Players)
And yeah we mostly do Sniper Duells with like 3-5 Players in a Team
We just use our Skill and Goodness to win .. And we dont win with taking Cp's
Because we are Pro-Sniper (The most)
And yeah maybe we also has some noobs but we dont care about them (We just kick and take Cp back) Or in my Servers i have No Cp Mod
Im in a Clan:
~}PRO{~ Clan
It is the best Clan of 1.0 and im in it since 2 Years
But not just them are Friendly to me ... NO, also there others are too !
The onliest reason, if they arent Friendly to you .. That you are also not Friendly to them
Or take Cp,Use Trooper/Jet/Pilot/Wookie or play like a Noob..
Yeah thats first all I have to say
Btw Buckler why you know that much things about 1.0 ? :)
Thanks for your attention
Yoda ;)
My Released Mods

*PULLS OFF GLOVES* I warned you not to read my post - The Rest Of This Message Has Been Automatically Censored By SleepKiller's Mind. If You Believe This To Be A Mistake You May Inform SleepKiller And He Will Resolve Any Incorrectly Censored Messages -

I've been on 1.2 starting in 07 and the way I grew up was with No Cp, trooper, rocket and sniper allowed. That play style has been on 1.2 for a long time, its just never been " professionally hosted", but a great number of players used that play style.

When we get a real server going, a serious server, there's usually never talking either except the mention of No Cp, no recruiting, and we play down to 0 with no command posts. We do accept spawn killing for the most part. I remember some servers, you would be booted if you used a pilot or special unit.

The downside of 1.2 personally to me, is all the modding going on. Making maps and non- online compatible mods like changing units or something is cool, and some of the online compatible mods such as, new map skins, unit skins, or cross hairs are too, but to me, all of these other mods certain players use is just giving the finger to 1.2, and I praise certain modders for keeping their inventions to themselves and not giving it out to the community so everyone isn't running around with it.

I have never had the pleasure to play on the 1.0 version. Sounds like a jolly time.

June 20, 2012, 08:47:25 AM #10 Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 09:11:41 AM by Disciple
The worst thing in 1.0 is that,there arn`t much server anymore,I played the 1.0 for 5 minutes when I figured out there was another version  :tu:

I just don't always play multiplayer, but when i do there's lots internet tough guys. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=internet%20tough%20guy

I actually suck terribly in multiplayer, especially when teamkilling is on, like I'll toss a grenade a little off to the side and it'll bounce back and kill me and everyone near me or i'll try walking while shooting a rocket and blow myself up against a wall  :slap:

Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

My thoughts are if 1.0 classes are better then 1.2 then they should be able to win against the 1.2 troops...which they usually do..

June 20, 2012, 02:05:11 PM #13 Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 02:07:47 PM by ツ »¥ Ø Ð Å«™ ·٠•●●♥♫ ²º¹²
Sleepkiller it was just my Opinion ..
Nohting against you though
But here in Germany (A free Country)
We can say all what we want and nothing can happens to you
And we on 1.0 can do the same Mod things except playing on Mod Maps
But except of this we can do all other thigs too
So it was nothing against you ..
I just think that 1.0 is the better Version :)
Thats all
Yoda ;)
My Released Mods

I think these are the different things :
1.0 --> U might see about 3 dedicated servers ( since SWBFgamers.com uploaded them ) and then some other PC servers
-Ppl dont use to know how to speak (Use chat)
-There are some troopers that we dont use to play ( Pilot and Jet/DarkTrooper/Droideka/Wookiee )
-There are just a few clans which have about 15 Members (Active/Semi Active)
-U cant be banned/kicked by the host ( Just vote for boot ), so , except some ppl who have respect and know the rules, use to say and act as they want (If ure a 1.0 player and ure reading this, plz read them:
-no cursing   -no spamming   -no wallhacking/glitching -use appropriate player names
-no pointless arguements or personal attacks; in general don't be disruptive to the people that are trying to enjoy the game )
-And this is the final point : Sync. is bad in 1.0
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com