Information about [FC]Battlegrounds Server

Started by Phobos, June 13, 2012, 04:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
This thread describes information regarding the new server FC has launched for the SWBF community.

Server Name: [FC]Battlegrounds
Variants: GCW Only, Infinite Ammo, More AI

Features all stock maps except Harbor and Geonosis. Vehicles removed from all maps except Hoth. Antiglitch for several maps in place. Increased health bot healing speed and ammo bot refill speed. Triple health for health/ammo bots. Rotates eras every map. Improved droideka speed and turn rate. Bacta packs live for three minutes. Unlimited maximum sniper shot range. Memorypools for landmines and bactas increased for all maps. Spawn countdown 5 seconds, spawn protection 2 seconds. Turrets disabled. Team damage off, 30 TPS, autoaim disabled.

If you have any questions or suggestions about the server post in this thread. I will update this post when there are changes to the server configuration.

Just a shout out that the [FC]Battlegrounds server is awesome. It's practically the perfect all-around server that many will enjoy.

Dunno why, but I think u copied the name of my server ''Infinite-Ammo''
I put that name to : {U.E.F}Public-Infinite-Ammo
And than, few ours later I saw ur server : [FC]Blablabla Infinite-Ammo....
Just wanna know whats next, that u add more FPS as I do ?
               -----          -------       
Anyway, Rage, u can add them, the ''perfect ones'' I use in SWBFgamers.com-Europe-TKon are 50
So u can still throw mines and those things and u have better graphics.
(Even u can use Noframelock, ''Noobs'' dunno how to, and their attention will focus on ur server)
Cya
Ps. I recommend at least 3 spawn seconds, cuz in TWA server, when u spawn over a mine and u fly, when u fall, the enemy can kill u (In 1.0 we call it Nk , Noob Kill)
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

June 14, 2012, 03:17:34 PM #3 Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 03:19:33 PM by Phobos
Quote from: Anyder / Pyckron on June 14, 2012, 02:58:25 PM
Dunno why, but I think u copied the name of my server ''Infinite-Ammo''
I put that name to : {U.E.F}Public-Infinite-Ammo
And than, few ours later I saw ur server : [FC]Blablabla Infinite-Ammo....
Just wanna know whats next, that u add more FPS as I do ?
               -----          -------       
Anyway, Rage, u can add them, the ''perfect ones'' I use in SWBFgamers.com-Europe-TKon are 50
So u can still throw mines and those things and u have better graphics.
(Even u can use Noframelock, ''Noobs'' dunno how to, and their attention will focus on ur server)
Cya
Ps. I recommend at least 3 spawn seconds, cuz in TWA server, when u spawn over a mine and u fly, when u fall, the enemy can kill u (In 1.0 we call it Nk , Noob Kill)

Please go away with your lame accusations, nobody copied your server. FC Battlegrounds is completely original, and I put "Infinite Ammo" in the server name because it's easier for players who don't mod to understand than "Unlimited Ammo", and also because its a very popular server setting. You can't using claim server settings in the server name as your property, that is just silly. I use 30 TPS, any more or any less is unfavorable for most players I know.

I don't recommend Noframelock either, the game glitches and black spikes appear randomly all over the screen when I use it  with belks custom res launcher (1920 x 1080). FC would never copy the boring UEF servers, no point when ours is much more fun.

Please leave your wonderful heated conversation off this board.

Nice server anyway, highly enjoyable.

I am considering adding Harbor, without vehicles, the question is if that would unbalance the map or make it not as much fun?

Personally, the AT-AT isn't neeed on Harbour. The empire already has tanks, I think that is enough for them.

The AT-AT seems to just spawn at the last second to save the empire/republic whenever they're about to lose. I, personally, don't like it.  :td:

Quote from: ✫Şђã·Żäм✫ on June 14, 2012, 05:01:33 PM
Personally, the AT-AT isn't neeed on Harbour. The empire already has tanks, I think that is enough for them.

The AT-AT seems to just spawn at the last second to save the empire/republic whenever they're about to lose. I, personally, don't like it.  :td:

If all tanks were removed, empire had the back base and ice caves, and rebels the outer 3 posts, would it be balanced? I am wondering because I think both teams bleed if they don't have at least 3 bases on the map, maybe the mission LUA could be altered to fix this.

what did for removed vehicles Hoth was to add tickets to the empire side, so that it was at the right level to be balanced at the end of the game. 
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

I have just corrected the choppy droideka glitch on the server.

Detailed ODF Adjustments:

Stock ODF
StoppedTurnSpeed = "0.8"
ForwardTurnSpeed = "0.8"
BallMoveSpeed = "10.0"
BallTurnSpeed = "2.0"

New ODF
StoppedTurnSpeed = "2.0"
ForwardTurnSpeed = "2.0"
CollisionScale         = "0.0 0.0 0.0" //removes fall damage and damage from rolling into buildings at fast velocity
BallMoveSpeed = "20.0"
BallTurnSpeed = "2.5"

The blasters overheat is slightly lowered but not unlimited as the droideka as on PLA Escape. Shield is slightly improved.

I suppose the tanks help the Imps/Reps in terms of cover as they attack from around the mountain, otherwise they are highly
vulnerable to concealed snipers from the fortress.

I think tanks are necessary because without them, as Unit said, snipers could very easily pick off the emps since there is practically no cover whatsoever by the mountain.
Maybe if you added a tank or two and decreased their shooting reload and made them faster so they can't use them practically for anything more than transport. The only main problem I see with this is if people try 1 on 1 tank fights it would take forever... Maybe if you lowered their health to allow rockets or other tanks to destroy them, but still allowing transport.

I'll probably just keep Harbor off the server then, since its main purpose is to offer a training grounds for infantry only combat.