SWBF Game informer

Started by Sonic, June 15, 2015, 04:39:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Corrected FPS parameters, added Master server settings (it is recommended not to change any of it).

Server resolving is now working again. From now on, I'm not working on this project anymore. All sources are included for those who might want to see how it works.

Big thanks to Encorn5 for helping me get mine working! :cheers: After a little back and forth by PM, he helped me get it working. 8)
Join the BOBclan Discord: click here | Proud member of the BOBclan since 2014

Adde ICW5 maps. There is one conflict with map kam2 from older ICWs

Great stuff! I tried to change profile name, but it says failed to save profile. I run as admin, maybe it was a privilege thing, I thought, but same thing. Weird thing is, while there's not new profile in the savagames folder, your app is showing a new profile name as another available profile.
I'm ~PFA~ Lord Satan, I love killing you on the battlefront and then devouring your souls for eternity :o

I'm a part of Lord Majesty's skillful clan of leaders.

Quote from: codergames on July 17, 2015, 02:33:14 AM
Great stuff! I tried to change profile name, but it says failed to save profile. I run as admin, maybe it was a privilege thing, I thought, but same thing. Weird thing is, while there's not new profile in the savagames folder, your app is showing a new profile name as another available profile.
As long as you have correct paths set, the profile file should be created. If there is no other profile available, default settings are used (~ my defaults).

thanks for adding the icw5 maps :tu:
there is a slight bug with the stock map localization. it shows nab1 as Theed.
nab1 should be Plains, nab2 = Theed.

Quote from: Phobos on August 08, 2015, 03:09:51 AM
there is a slight bug with the stock map localization. it shows nab1 as Theed.
nab1 should be Plains, nab2 = Theed.
Fixed as of 1.12.
Thanks for reporting that.

As of 1.13, you can override and/or add custom maps in optional file named maps.txt

August 16, 2015, 11:19:40 AM #39 Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 11:21:14 AM by Encorn5
If anyone cares enough, and can provide website hosting (with php support), we can make global battle list (and automatic listing and instant download/install of the missing items, to make more amazing maps available to public.

Quote from: Encorn5 on August 16, 2015, 11:19:40 AM
If anyone cares enough, and can provide website hosting (with php support), we can make global battle list (and automatic listing and instant download/install of the missing items, to make more amazing maps available to public.

Would you implement it on a linux or windows environment?

I may be able to get you a linux box to test things out.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Led on August 16, 2015, 01:03:53 PM
Would you implement it on a linux or windows environment?
Thats the thing about php and java, it works on all platforms. The app itself does too, but some features are not implemented for linux (like start at boot time). I'm not sure how swbf1 works on linux platforms, but using wine or other emulating software to provide windows-like environment.

The hard thing is to collect all available maps and make a list. I can make some interface for map storage manipulation, but i guess the maps take some space.

Quote from: Encorn5 on August 16, 2015, 01:21:28 PM

The hard thing is to collect all available maps and make a list. I can make some interface for map storage manipulation, but i guess the maps take some space.

Even if we only had certain maps--such as one for mod map night or the next ICW, etc.  then it would be very helpful for players.

I run SWBF in WINE but I don't think we would need to run SWBF on the same machine as the auto-downloader.

Maybe we could ask phobos to make a custom shell to link to the download site.

Quote from: Led on August 16, 2015, 02:39:38 PM
Even if we only had certain maps--such as one for mod map night or the next ICW, etc.  then it would be very helpful for players.

I run SWBF in WINE but I don't think we would need to run SWBF on the same machine as the auto-downloader.

Maybe we could ask phobos to make a custom shell to link to the download site.
Well, if you can run java, then you can find battlefront folder (battlefront.exe file) and use the app to download maps to the desired folder. Other features, like joining servers are unavailable on linux at the moment (unless you run the app under wine). All it takes is a word and it can be ready to go by tomorrow night.

I will send you a PM with log in information.