Questions I Would Ask BattleBelk

Started by Phobos, October 11, 2011, 08:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
October 15, 2011, 09:21:29 PM #45 Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 09:51:23 PM by Phobos Developer
Quote from: SleepKiller on October 15, 2011, 09:04:26 PM
Okay, lets see. Out of which one of us who has pushed the bounderies of Zero Engine the most.

I've made a Deathmatch mode which completely goes against SWBFs core logic. I've made a CTF mode which again goes against SWBF's logic. Hmmm were as you are trying to remove ingame chat, wow your pushing the limits alright. And btw everyone but you hates games were you can not chat with other players.

No wonder gametoast banned you. You 100% deserve it.

I was banned for defending what is right by standing up to fascist tyranny (locking threads which don't have screenshots and videos after X amount of days) and I am proud for that. I made a statement to the swbf1 modding community that there are those of us who will not tolerate that kind of ludicrosity. Just ask cull, about his threads being locked and called spam by GT admins, when they were not spam but mod map ideas.. It's always the GT shills who come here to hate on me, I'm used to it by now.

Not sure what you mean by "zero engine". If you are referring to zeroeditor, then I would have to contend whatever you made with Phobos and RancorLand. And deathmatch mode is a simple LUA mod, no point in trying to keep the source code for it secret. You try/tried to hoard source code for simple breakthroughs, just like the failed admins over at gametoast, for that alone I can understand why nobody considers you to be a respectable swbf1 modder. It only works if teamkill is on, and you get points for killing yourself, its not a true deathmatch. Removing in game chat would be a far more boundaries-pushing and technically complicated accomplishment than a few lua edits. No wonder all you do is post spam and insults on my thread, trying to derail it with your pessimistic and aggressive spam. You 100% deserve being banned from the swbf1 community for trying to kill it with all your hate. Stop trolling my thread sleepkiller it is intended to discuss the questions not your fanatical obsession with gametoast fascism. I have contributed FAR more to this community than you have and will not let trollers like you stop me from continuing to do so.

Quote from: jdee-barc
2. ok, lets not start a flame war for the  THIRD time those topics always get locked.
I'm sure sleepkiller is trying very hard to get this thread locked since he obviously does not want any of these questions answered but I have to say the topic of this thread is more important than anything sleepkiller has ever and likely will ever accomplish.

and why would you ever wanna remove ingame chat? i find it so entertaining having a random conversation with players. :D
In big servers with 30+ players it is a huge distraction I find unnessary.

and neither sleepkiller nor any of us were not "running down" your ideas, we were simply pointing out
You weren't, sleepkiller was; you were actually contributing to the thread, thanks.

Further attempts to derail this thread may result in me blocking your profile sleepkiller.

October 15, 2011, 09:32:14 PM #46 Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 09:34:16 PM by jdee-barc
apparently my attempt at pacifism was pointless

Quote from: Phobos Developer on October 15, 2011, 09:21:29 PM
Not sure what you mean by "zero engine". If you are referring to zeroeditor, then I would have to contend whatever you made with Phobos and RancorLand. And deathmatch mode is a simple LUA mod, no point in trying to keep the source code for it secret. It only works if teamkill is on, and you get points for killing yourself, its not a true deathmatch. Removing in game chat would be a far more boundaries-pushing and technically complicated accomplishment than a few lua edits. No wonder all you do is post spam and insults on my thread, trying to derail it with your pathetic legal jargon. You 100% deserve being banned from the swbf1 community for trying to kill it. Stop trolling my thread sleepkiller it is intended to discuss the questions not your fanatical obsession with gametoast fascism.

2. true, ingame chat removal is more complicated, technically. but a pointless idea. it doesn't do anything beneficial. deatmatch and bf1 ctf open up new ways to play the game, just like my mod's wave
mode and bf2's hero assa ut and hunt. they're simple lua edits, but they add more content. in my opinion, a very complicated and challenging idea isn't always a good one.

3. the "legal jargon" is just us pondering over how legal an idea is.
4. i don't understand why sleepkiller needs to be banned.
5. about trolling, here you go, phobos (just messing around :D)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDQawn04uhY&feature=related
then >
http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/photos/images/original/000/096/044/trollface.jpg?1296494117
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

October 15, 2011, 09:38:23 PM #47 Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 09:47:17 PM by Phobos Developer
Quote from: jdee-barc on October 15, 2011, 09:32:14 PM
apparently my attempt at pacifism was pointless

2. true, ingame chat removal is more complicated, technically. but a pointless idea. it doesn't do anything beneficial. deatmatch and bf1 ctf open up new ways to play the game, just like my mod's wave
mode and bf2's hero assa ut and hunt. they're simple lua edits, but they add more content. in my opinion, a very complicated and challenging idea isn't always a good one.
3. the "legal jargon" is just us pondering over how legal an idea is.
4. i don't understand why sleepkiller needs to be banned.

1. Did you see where I said thank you for your productive contributions? While it may be that a C decompiler won't help, there are other possibilities.
2. It is not "pointless" to remove chat it is very beneficial and just because you don't find it interesting doesn't mean I have to give up my ideas. I find it far more interesting than CTF would be. There are times where no admins are in the pla server to ban spammers. Those are the times it would be most beneficial.
3. I have already made invalid sleepkillers argument that we should not attempt to make illegal modifications because battlebelk's ideas for illegal modifications have never been criticized by anyone in such a hostile manner as sleepkiller has done to mine.
4. Banned for trolling the threads I've made here with hateful comments & pessimism.

1. my apologies. i did not see it.
2. pointless isn't the right word. i can see some reason behind doing it. but i don't find it worth going to all the trouble for
3. battlebelk modded the testing exe for debuggin mod maps, different from the actual game in the sense that there is no mp, and it records bugs.
4. i personally disagree. he probably felt you were attacking his work and vice versa.
5. idon't remember what i was gonna write here.
Current Projects:

October 15, 2011, 09:53:13 PM #49 Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 09:54:57 PM by Phobos Developer
Quote from: jdee-barc on October 15, 2011, 09:49:41 PM
3. battlebelk modded the testing exe for debuggin mod maps, different from the actual game in the sense that there is no mp, and it records bugs.

The EULA specifically prohibits removing the half green screen from sptest.exe. BattleBelk's hack is illegal but available for download just about anywhere (even this forum). Both the game exe and sptest are intellectual property of LucasArts. My point is that nobody is saying what he did was illegal and should not have be done, so therefore nobody needs to be saying what I want to do should not be done.

I find you comments quite offensive. And Zero Engine is the game engine that SWBF runs off.
Quote4. i don't understand why sleepkiller needs to be banned.
He wants me banned??? I did not even see that maybe I should go to an optomitrist  :P.

Quote3. I have already made invalid sleepkillers argument that we should not attempt to make illegal modifications because battlebelk's ideas for illegal modifications have never been criticized by anyone in such a hostile manner as sleepkiller has done to mine.
Thats because I was not around when BB was active :P
Quote4. Banned for trolling the threads I've made here with hateful comments.
I was not trolling them mate. I was telling you what the law is. (Ah, now I see it geiss I better cancel that appointment...)

Grrr, now you two have gone and posted while I was typing this out. Most annoying.

October 15, 2011, 09:56:03 PM #51 Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 09:57:38 PM by Phobos Developer
Quote from: SleepKiller on October 15, 2011, 09:54:52 PM
I find you comments quite offensive. And Zero Engine is the game engine that SWBF runs off.He wants me banned??? I did not even see that maybe I should go to an optomitrist  :P.
Thats because I was not around when BB was active :PI was not trolling them mate. I was telling you what the law is. (Ah, now I see it geiss I better cancel that appointment...)

Grrr, now you two have gone and posted while I was typing this out. Most annoying.
You have been trolling this thread since post #2. I find it offensive.

Quote from: Phobos Developer on October 15, 2011, 09:56:03 PM
You have been trolling this thread since post #2.
I have been creatively contributing to the discussion by telling you what the law is. Never trolling.

*facepalm* *head-desk* totally ninja'd my post slot.
Current Projects:

October 15, 2011, 10:01:05 PM #54 Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 10:03:16 PM by Phobos Developer
Quote from: SleepKiller on October 15, 2011, 09:58:26 PM
I have been creatively contributing to the discussion by telling you what the law is. Never trolling.
Posts 36 and 42 are the most explicit examples of your trolling. Denial though, just like LucasArts will deny your "swbf1 eula infringement concern" email.

:tu:

Quote from: jdee-barc on October 15, 2011, 10:00:36 PM
*facepalm* *head-desk* totally ninja'd my post slot.
Don't hurt yourself now.
If I have "trolled" your thread it has been completely unintentional but now you are just flaming me.

October 15, 2011, 10:04:02 PM #56 Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 10:08:31 PM by Phobos Developer
Quote from: SleepKiller on October 15, 2011, 10:03:02 PM
Don't hurt yourself now.
If I have "trolled" your thread it has been completely unintentional but now you are just flaming me.

As unintentional as you typing on your keyboard. Here's some water to put out the fire

I'm done calling you out if you're done hating.

These questions will one day have answers, like it or not. Eula infringe or not.

I have never been hating you or your work. My brain is just programed to follow the law and I get a bit caught up in it sometimes.

October 15, 2011, 10:10:37 PM #58 Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 10:12:14 PM by Phobos Developer
Quote from: SleepKiller on October 15, 2011, 10:09:40 PM
I have never been hating you or your work. My brain is just programed to follow the law and I get a bit caught up in it sometimes.
Gametoast has a law set too, I have broken that with more pride than i will have breaking EULA. It is ok if that is your reason, but I'd like to get the thread back on topic asap. I'm currently testing the method you said "won't work".

Out of curiosity, have you ever tried hex editing munged scripts to remove multi-player chat? What makes you sure it won't work if you haven't??

gawd,  will you guys stop  ;)

Quote@bamdur, Of course LucasArts doesn't care. but I think it would be wrong (not really legally, but morally) to take a 6 year old game, add all sorts of new features to it by heavily modding the exe, and then flaunt it on the internet because, what if a former Pandemic employee who worked day and night on SWBF, found it? I just have the impression that they would feel like their work was being plagarized.

i dont find it morally wrong at all, because no employee will ever do that!s^^