ICW2 Week 3

Started by Oven, December 30, 2012, 04:24:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Thank You Phobos and FC. I respect you all a lot. I still would like to know though why the rematch was necessary when it was FC's player that left. If  212 would have been told of the uneven numbers after the start one of us could have left. Just want to know so this doesn't happen again. Obviously we were in the wrong for the jet and I apologize for that

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

Quote from: {212th} ~Norris~ on January 06, 2013, 02:07:54 PM
Thank You Phobos and FC. I respect you all a lot. I still would like to know though why the rematch was necessary when it was FC's player that left. If  212 would have been told of the uneven numbers after the start one of us could have left. Just want to know so this doesn't happen again. Obviously we were in the wrong for the jet and I apologize for that
Shazam's video shows that FC's merc Tex left a few second after battle was started. The video also shows 212 Chili capturing the gray base right at beginning with dark trooper, even after I told him to not jet he took the base anyway then a bunch of 212 spawn there. Watch shazam's video and you will see, we should have stopped the battle and restarted it right then and there.

Ahh now I see. Thanks phobos, you are right we should have just stopped the battle right away. I wasn't aware the jet made that big of an impact.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

wow so many people, this might be the problem lol, so much confusion, never thought to many people would be a bad thing  :shrug:

January 06, 2013, 03:30:43 PM #79 Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 03:32:26 PM by Oven
Quote from: {212th} ~Norris~ on January 06, 2013, 01:37:50 PM
I don't know what to say except madness everywhere.
Hallelujah! Where's the Tylenol?

Seriously now, I'm sorry that things happened the way they did, but they had to. Shazam did everything he was supposed to, and I'm very thankful for that.

I can see why some 212 were confused (or even upset) when the rematch was announced; I would feel the same way. But Shazam's video makes it clear that a rematch was in order, and indeed, I have stated in the past that rematches should be held soon after the original battle, because rescheduling is such a nightmare.

Quote from: Phobos on January 06, 2013, 02:01:18 PM
However in order to reduce the arguing and chaos, [FC] has decided to just let 212 have Rhen Var. Hopefully the admins will be better prepared for this kind of circumstance in future wars to avoid these kinds of problems.

I'm sorry if today's battles left a bad taste in people's mouth; fortunately, FC's generosity here means that there are no long-term consequences (This certainly isn't necessary; thanks a lot). We've only got one week left, and I hope it will be the best one yet.

I would like to reaffirm the rule forbidding radar, while noting that mods such as brush remover/crosshairs etc. are not forbidden. Every team in this tournament has been accused of violating the no-radar rule; frankly, I am not in a position to judge the veracity of these claims. Most of them, I suspect, are unfounded. I am not willing at this stage to go through the motions of trying to "enforce" this rule, because that is virtually impossible. All I can do is ask that, if you have been using radar, please stop.

I would also like to ask you all to keep flaming/taunting to a minimum. I'm all for some competitive jeering; it would be unfairly puritan of me to ask you to stop talking to each other at all. Please do not be offensive to a disruptive extent, though. And of course, no swearing.

Thanks to everyone for being patient, and not pulling a Clark Griswold!

Quote from: Oven on January 06, 2013, 03:30:43 PM
I would also like to ask you all to keep flaming/taunting to a minimum. I'm all for some competitive jeering; it would be unfairly puritan of me to ask you to stop talking to each other at all. Please do not be offensive to a disruptive extent, though. And of course, no swearing.
I might also state that this includes the match admins. Things would go a whole lot smoother if admins were given respect. I will be the first to admit that I'm not very good at being an admin, but I'm trying. If I do something that is out of order you can respectfully tell me, but there is no need to call me a bad admin for trying my best.

Also, I apologize for my unreadiness for today's battles. Quite frankly, I was very nervous when I heard "rematch". I knew chaos would start, but I tried to do what any other admin would do.

Thank you to the majority of FC and 212, though. Most of you were very cooperative.

You did just fine, from what I can tell! Messy situations can rarely be solved perfectly.

I encourage anyone who thinks that I (or any of the other admins) is mistaken in some decision, to call me (or them) on it. Just like you, we're not perfect, and our interest is to make this tournament as enjoyable as possible for as many as possible (fastidious utilitarians we), and not simply to exercise power. That said, we admins reserve the right to ask (or force) a player to leave who seriously disrespects us ingame. (If you were really so distressed by our performance, you should have left anyway.)

If you think you can do better than the admins I've chosen, well, you'll just have to rest uncomfortably with that opinion, because I have chosen them for a reason!

January 06, 2013, 06:08:00 PM #82 Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 06:14:35 PM by SirPimped
Quote from: Agent Z on January 06, 2013, 04:15:11 PM
I might also state that this includes the match admins. Things would go a whole lot smoother if admins were given respect. I will be the first to admit that I'm not very good at being an admin, but I'm trying. If I do something that is out of order you can respectfully tell me, but there is no need to call me a bad admin for trying my best.

I apologize for calling you a bad admin. When I saw their player use a dark trooper to capture a command post at the beginning of the game, I got upset because it was the 2nd time they had used special units. I felt the need to get your attention to how important that event was in determining the outcome of the original game on harbor. I think you do a good job, but I lost my cool in the heat of the moment because they unfairly gained an advantage that put our team behind right from the start.

I would also like to note that even during the rematch on harbor, they used dark trooper for the second time to capture the same command post, right at the start of the game.

The 12v12 on Tatooine yesterday went much smoother since there were 2 admins present to help enforce the rules more. I think for large planet battles 2 admins should try to be present.

Quote from: Phobos on January 06, 2013, 07:08:21 PM
The 12v12 on Tatooine yesterday went much smoother since there were 2 admins present to help enforce the rules more. I think for large planet battles 2 admins should try to be present.

Agreed, the two admin thing seemed to work out well but I know it may not always be possible to have both admins.

Thank you Oven and Sha Zam for your comments, What you've both said reminds me this is still a professional tournament.

If I may, give a suggestion that perhaps when a rematch is wanted the Admin(s) and a representative from both opposing clans have a group chat on xfire to sort things out. In this way both sides can get a clear understanding of what happened. The only way to minimize confusion is through communication  :tu:

Well the first rhen ver server was wrong era. Phobos tried to host but we did not want him to host because many of our players are banned...his server turned out to be laggy so he remade it...then the new swbfgamers rhen ver server was up so we had to go again...the battles were over at 4:15 so yes we were angry when we heard rematch.

Quote from: (212)^Adv^-Vixo on January 07, 2013, 03:50:51 AM
Well the first rhen ver server was wrong era.

There was no era information on the calendar. 
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

I think the matter is settled and I see no point in bringing any of this up anymore except on how we can do better next time around  :tu:

We were find with the era but FC was not. Who picks era? Nixo asked here what side FC wanted but they did not reply.

Quote from: Buckler on January 07, 2013, 05:39:24 AM
There was no era information on the calendar. 
It was right that you put both servers up but the gcw one had a different password it would not except the current one