WIP - Kashyyyk: Island

Started by ggctuk, February 06, 2010, 09:16:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
February 06, 2010, 09:16:18 AM Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 12:32:44 PM by ggctuk
NOTE: Not to be confused with the shipped map Kashyyyk: Islands.

This is actually my first foray into mapping. I wanted to create a new Kashyyyk map as my very first, and I had to decide how to go about doing it. It's based loosely off the ground map for Kashyyyk in Elite Squadron.

I have begun with the asset assembling and hope to start soon.

There will be two versions of the map - one with flyers, one without, and the GCW in the second will be different.

Here is the story:

Clone Wars Scenario: While the battle rages in Kachircho, a contingent of the 41st is dispatched to a remote island to the east of Kachircho.

Galactic Civil War Scenario 1: The Alliance leads an attempt to free the Wookie Slaves from the Imperial Remnant after the end of the Galactic Civil War.

Galactic Civil War Scenario 2: The Imperial 501st leads the Wookie Invasion on Kashyyyk, intending on subjugating the Wookies to work on the Death Star.

There will be new units:

Soldier: Armed with a Blaster Rifle, Missile Launcher, Sticky Grenades and Mines.
Assault: Armed with a Shotgun, Blaster Pistol, Thermal Detonators and Time Bombs.
-Rebels will have the Wookie Warrior here, it will have a Bowcaster instead of a Blaster Pistol.
Pilot: Armed with a Commando Pistol, Fusion Cutter, and Radiation Grenades. Unavailable in the second map.
Sniper: Armed with a Sniper Rifle, Blaster Pistol, Thermal Detonators and a Recon Droid.
Special: Divided into four units - one for each faction:
- Clone Commander: Heavy Pistol, EMP Launcher, Health and Ammo Packs, Cluster Grenades
- IG MagnaGuard: Electrostaff, Orbital Strike Salvo, Health and Ammo Packs
- Bothan Spy: Scatter Cannon, Disguise Kit, Health and Ammo Packs, Cluster Grenades
- Storm Commander: Explosive Blaster Pistol, Incinerator, Health and Ammo Packs, Cluster Grenades

Screens in soon.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

Sounds cool ^_^. Cant wait to play this map :D

YES YES YES make maps yall i hope it'll be a good map :D im sooo exited that i just cant hide it xD

"Better not be at all than not be noble" - Lord Alfred Tennyson
https://www.facebook.com/SWBFGamers
https://twitter.com/swbfuniverse

WoW!  looks great. has alot of similarities to other maps. I guess I have move of your maps than i think  :D   I luv the modded grenades, like the sticky and cluster ones. keep it going, keep it up!

This is my first map, so you don't have any of my maps :P
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

oh. i was under the impression the you were practically an expert map maker. well i guess that potential is more recognizable than i though, and i'm sure that it won't take long for that to come true! - expert map maker, i mean  :cheer:    .... :slap:   ..... :shrug:

Nope, this is my first map, although I have ported maps from BF2 to BF1 before, and I have made mods.
In Progress:

On Hold:

If it's the ES map you're trying to re-create... are you going to include the downed Capital ship ?

Quote from: UNIT33 on February 21, 2010, 05:32:00 AM
If it's the ES map you're trying to re-create... are you going to include the downed Capital ship ?

Quote from: ggctuk on February 06, 2010, 09:16:18 AM
It's based loosely off the ground map for Kashyyyk in Elite Squadron.

It's just loosely based off the idea, it's not the same though. There are major differences, such as a beach you can fight on.

So, it won't have the downed Venator. Maybe I might see if I can make a view of Kachircho from the island and you can see the venator there.
In Progress:

On Hold: