In your opinion.

Started by Deceptive_Pasta, July 31, 2013, 08:16:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Dark_Phantom on August 04, 2013, 02:52:51 PM
Yes, main characters do die eventually.
[spoiler]If you haven't read or are planning to read Vector Prime (Book 1 New Jedi Order) then you may not wish to read this.[spoiler]Really, this is a big spoiler.  Stop now if you are scared to go on and have life ruined.[spoiler]Chewbacca dies epically.  :o  :'(  :bye:  :ohmy:[/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]
If you read that and just had your lives ruined, I'm sorry.  You should have read the warnings.  I claim no responsibility for any crying, kicking, and screaming that went on after you read that.

Oh, that thing?
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Quote from: Dark_Phantom on August 04, 2013, 02:52:51 PM
I have done this.  Many times on both games as both light and dark.  I can practically tell you everything they are going to say and where every enemy is.  And yet... I still play them.  If you play the 2nd one, try the Restored Content Mod, it really adds to where I thought the story was lacking (which was in many, many places).  I should look for mods for the 1st one and see what there is. :)Well, I like the way Episode 6 was written in the newer prints of the books (never read the old prints, never found any... maybe I need to look harder).  As far as series go, The Thrawn Trilogy was best by far, New Jedi Order was next (albeit a bit long, but it was absorbing).  Then the XWing series.  Right now I'm reading the Fate of the Jedi series.  Sometimes I sit and think "When is Luke Skywalker finally going to keel over of old age... he's not Yoda."
Yes, main characters do die eventually.
[spoiler]If you haven't read or are planning to read Vector Prime (Book 1 New Jedi Order) then you may not wish to read this.[spoiler]Really, this is a big spoiler.  Stop now if you are scared to go on and have life ruined.[spoiler]Chewbacca dies epically.  :o  :'(  :bye:  :ohmy:[/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]
If you read that and just had your lives ruined, I'm sorry.  You should have read the warnings.  I claim no responsibility for any crying, kicking, and screaming that went on after you read that.
Please tell me that Jar Jar died too! Actually, I'm glad to hear Chewbacca died.

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

Quote from: Josh on August 04, 2013, 03:57:00 PM
Actually, I'm glad to hear Chewbacca died.
Why? I mean everyone has to die sooner or later but why are you glad?

Quote from: Kit Fisto on August 04, 2013, 06:20:47 PM
Why? I mean everyone has to die sooner or later but why are you glad?
I could go on and on but I will stick with just a couple.

[spoiler]
1. I believe Mr. Lucas lied when he said that he did not intend to make Chewbacca look like a sasquatch.
2. He was a stupid character, all he did was make noise and Han Solo magically understood him.
3. He would make a good carpet.
4. I like the evil characters better.
[/spoiler]

Quote from: Josh on August 04, 2013, 06:50:51 PM
I could go on and on but I will stick with just a couple.

[spoiler]
1. I believe Mr. Lucas lied when he said that he did not intend to make Chewbacca look like a sasquatch.
2. He was a stupid character, all he did was make noise and Han Solo magically understood him.
3. He would make a good carpet.
4. I like the evil characters better.
[/spoiler]
Response
1) Opinion based
2) Wrong. First off he was Han's sidekick. Han left the Empire because of Chewbacca (he rescued him from slavery) so Han's character is how he is in the movie from leaving the Empire. Han also understands Wookiee talk because it's an actual language, not just random growls. Wookiees aren't animals.  :happy:
3) Maybe...
4) Opinion based

:wave:

Quote from: Kit Fisto on August 04, 2013, 09:13:32 PM
2) Wrong. First off he was Han's sidekick. Han left the Empire because of Chewbacca (he rescued him from slavery) so Han's character is how he is in the movie from leaving the Empire. Han also understands Wookiee talk because it's an actual language, not just random growls. Wookiees aren't animals. :happy:

1. The implication is that animals cannot use an "actual language."
2. Humans are animals.

It's one or the other.

Quote from: BlackScorpion on August 05, 2013, 12:21:16 AM
1. The implication is that animals cannot use an "actual language."
2. Humans are animals.

It's one or the other.
:wall:
Just leave me alone!
;)

Wookies, is not humans or animals. They are intelligent creatures.

Perhaps, wookie's roar, it's only the part of the language, that we may just hear. They may communicate by telepathic sound wave, and unheared diapason of ultra/infro sound waves, which can be excepted by well trained human brain.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Quote from: Sereja on August 05, 2013, 09:16:16 AM
Wookies, is not humans or animals. They are intelligent creatures.

Perhaps, wookie's roar, it's only the part of the language, that we may just hear. They may communicate by telepathic sound wave, and unheared diapason of ultra/infro sound waves, which can be excepted by well trained human brain.
I beg to differ:
http://wookieepedia.org

Quote from: Yarell link=topic=6901.msg73699#msg73699
In your guys opinion is Grand Admiral Thrawn a cool character?

We are so off topic... We went from Admiral Thrawn to is Chewbacca Bigfoot?

Quote from: Josh on August 05, 2013, 11:06:25 AM
We are so off topic... We went from Admiral Thrawn to is Chewbacca Bigfoot?
And look who started it!

Quote from: Josh on August 04, 2013, 03:57:00 PM
Please tell me that Jar Jar died too! Actually, I'm glad to hear Chewbacca died.
;)

They all relate. We aren't talking about Lord of the Rings or something like that. At least not for the moment...  :dry:

Can we get back to the subject please. :happy:
Don't call me a mindless philosopher, you overweight glob of grease.

Quote from: Yarell on August 05, 2013, 12:50:20 PM
Can we get back to the subject please. :happy:

No junior moderating or I'll set fire to at least on of your possessions.

Hey guys. Can we get back to the subject please?

[On Subject]

Yeah he's a blast of a character.
Unfortunately I listened to one of the Audio Book versions of the Trilogy and the English accents were dreadful.