Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 5

Started by Kit Fisto, March 08, 2013, 08:03:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Kit Fisto on March 10, 2013, 08:13:24 PM
Oh no, on the contrary Season 6 has yet to be anounced on ANY broadcasting network. The contract with Cartoon Network expired and (as said on Rebel Force Radio) reliable sources say that no new home is planned for the Clone Wars to be aired. They (Rebel Force Radio) are telling people to write to Disney CEO Bob Iger asking to put CW on a Disney channel.
Latest news in a nutshell.

All I'm saying is they had better make a Season 6, otherwise it's a pretty dark ending for a show. If the show airs on YTV or Teletoon however, I will definitely watch it live without waiting several hours for it to be posted online. (YTV and Teletoon are Canadian networks, if you didn't know already).

Quote from: Kit Fisto on March 10, 2013, 07:47:58 PM
I'm going to just put this out there now, but until you watch even half the episodes that have aired you can't contribute to the discussion.
FYI I have watched the entire season one, some of season two and some of season three. My views aren't based off just having seen one or two episodes. The show is terrible, targeted at kids and it has permanently ruined SW.

These are my views and they won't be changing. Don't try to convince me otherwise it won't be happening. You can like even love the show I won't stop you or try to make you see from my view point.

Quote from: SleepKiller on March 10, 2013, 08:46:12 PM
FYI I have watched the entire season one, some of season two and some of season three. My views aren't based off just having seen one or two episodes. The show is terrible, targeted at kids and it has permanently ruined SW.

These are my views and they won't be changing. Don't try to convince me otherwise it won't be happening. You can like even love the show I won't stop you or try to make you see from my view point.

I strongly agree that the show is mostly targeting a younger audience, but there are a few episodes I enjoyed. I'm not trying to change your mind here SleepKiller, but the show gets a little revamp after season 3. In my opinion, the show becomes a little more geared for a broader audience, not just as a child's cartoon.

You aren't missing out on much, but if you do decide to watch some, I'd watch the Umbara arc in season 4 and the bounty hunter arc in season 5.

Quote from: Kit Fisto on March 10, 2013, 08:13:24 PM
Oh no, on the contrary Season 6 has yet to be anounced on ANY broadcasting network. The contract with Cartoon Network expired and (as said on Rebel Force Radio) reliable sources say that no new home is planned for the Clone Wars to be aired. They (Rebel Force Radio) are telling people to write to Disney CEO Bob Iger asking to put CW on a Disney channel.
Latest news in a nutshell.
Wow you really know ur stuff man! I completely saw it coming, Ashoka was either going to die or leave.
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

March 10, 2013, 09:31:41 PM #34 Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 09:34:04 PM by Joseph
Me and SK agree completely, trigger website self-destruct sequence

Quote from: [FC]Helios on March 10, 2013, 09:10:21 PM
Ashoka was either going to die or leave.
How could you tell?

Quote from: Agent Z on March 10, 2013, 08:58:53 PM
but the show gets a little revamp after season 3. In my opinion, the show becomes a little more geared for a broader audience, not just as a child's cartoon.
This is true.
Quote from: [FC]Helios on March 10, 2013, 09:10:21 PM
Wow you really know ur stuff man! I completely saw it coming, Ashoka was either going to die or leave.
I learned that from listening to Rebel Force Radio Podcast. The Star Wars podcast that I told people about but no one checked it out.  :slap:
Quote from: Joseph on March 10, 2013, 09:31:41 PM
How could you tell?
How about when you agree with anybody!  ;)

People think Ahsoka should die/ leave for canon purposes. But I'm open to anything!

Quote from: Joseph on March 10, 2013, 09:31:41 PM
How could you tell?
Oh oh sometimes i get a feeling that i never never know.
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

March 10, 2013, 11:48:11 PM #37 Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 11:51:23 PM by tirpider
Quote from: Kit Fisto on March 10, 2013, 09:36:40 PM
This is true.I learned that from listening to Rebel Force Radio Podcast. The Star Wars podcast that I told people about but no one checked it out.  :slap:

I just checked earlier sunday, they got thier site (link) set up nicely and have proper mp3 versions of the show (and a nice rss to feed them to me. I just havent listened to them yet.)

They have a pretty good number of shows dealing specificly with Ashoka.  I may start lising to them regularly, but probably won't watch the tv show.

I'm glad you checked it out Tirpider!
Yes the last couple of Clone Wars discussions have dealt with Ahsoka because she is the main character of the Season finale. But the weekly episodes discuss more of Star Wars as a whole. :)

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on March 11, 2013, 11:04:38 AM
Ya may wanna check this out:

http://starwars.com/news/a-new-direction-for-lucasfilm-animation.html

I'l let the link speak for itself. :P

I think the next season is going to wrap-up SW:CW by the looks of that video. For those of you who don't want to watch the sneakpeak, a clone kills a Jedi in-battle and the Seperatist officer contacts Count Dooku, most likely to make a brilliant plan to eliminate the Jedi. (Order 66)

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on March 11, 2013, 11:04:38 AM
Ya may wanna check this out:

http://starwars.com/news/a-new-direction-for-lucasfilm-animation.html
Well that news is sad to me. At least they are finishing up the season. This show was truly a gem in terms of Star Wars TV. About Detours, that didn't look funny to me anyway. Robot Chicken Star Wars is way better.
But that ends Star Wars The Clone Wars. I feel like Disney is pushing hard to move away from anything prequel. :'(

Quote from: Shazam on March 11, 2013, 11:25:47 AM
I think the next season is going to wrap-up SW:CW by the looks of that video. For those of you who don't want to watch the sneakpeak, a clone kills a Jedi in-battle and the Seperatist officer contacts Count Dooku, most likely to make a brilliant plan to eliminate the Jedi. (Order 66)
Just when I thought they had screwed up the story of SW as much as they could...  Well time to keep working on my non-SW map that is completely unrelated to what once was a great story.

One last thing though. Why the terrible animation in the show? (Both quality wise and style wise.) I mean could they seriously not afford animation that was better than what Crysis could render? And how old is Crysis now? And yet somehow it's visual capabilities are better than a pre-rendered show from a year after it was released.

It's the shows style.
Why doesn't South Park have animation?

There are times when the art style of something doesn't need to be realistic looking in anyway and it looks pleasing to the eye. Example Team Fortress 2 once again a game that came out before the show, yet it to seems to be capable of pulling off character models that don't look chunky and lifeless.

Basically the style of the show is terrible their is no point in denying it. During the first season when I sort-of liked the show before I began bothering to actually think about it properly I could see that the art style was terrible, my friends could see the art style was terrible heck my sister just now agreed with me that the art style is terrible.