swbfgamers on moddb?

Started by jdee-barc, August 16, 2012, 06:25:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Have we ever thought about having an swbfgamers profile on moddb.com? We could host mods there as well and they would get much more attention.
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

I'm not familiar with that.  Would you want to take the lead on that?
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

I am highly familiar with ModDB. I put SWBF Ubleashed on there and got roughly 200+ downloads http://www.moddb.com/mods/swbf-unleashed.

Sure? I'll create an swbfgamers profile there, give you the password and everything. My idea is that this can be a repository where we put mods/maps to get people playing them.

Current Projects:

Also, do you want to fill in the bio on the page, Buckler? I'm not sure what to write here.
Current Projects:

A moderator double posting! Shameful!

Well we should approach this cleverly in my mind. What is some of the bests stuff we have to show off that we could put there and that could make people want to come here?

SWBFII Ports?
Jdees Mod?
My Mod?
Mod Maps?
Sereja's Maps?
Napseeker's Maps?
etc

Quote from: SleepKiller on August 16, 2012, 04:20:59 PM
A moderator double posting! Shameful!
Yeah. I just double-posted. Take that, society!

And yeah this sounds good. Put up all the big mods and the finest maps.
Current Projects:

I suggest:
-SK's legion changer
-CCSC (if he lets you...)
-Empirial legion changer
-Napseekers maps
-Serejas maps
-SWBF2 conversions
-links to mod tools

Those are things that personally stand out as great mods/maps to me. :)

I got time so I'll put what I think

-All of what Sha-Zam said
-SWBF Unleashed Mac Version for any macs out there
-Sereja's Sides
-only the new and/or updated conversions ( the one's with the least problems )
-ALL of Rends maps
-my 2 skins!  :P lol

My 2 cents on this:
My question is, do we want new members/modders on this site or not... The only reason I joined this site originally was to download some conversions ( I now know that there is sooo much more ), but we can be losing potential modders or new members! By releasing all of our best stuff out to the general public with no password or registration to download there is no reason to come to this site for the newest mods and/or maps. My suggestion is release some of the good maps/mods but not all of them. Then inform people in the download discription about the other mods/maps on this site then they will register and become another great asset to the SWBF1 modding world!!
:shady: "yea i just said that"

Quote-ALL of Rends maps
They are not are property to show off, Rends isn't a member here.

And yes if we give them the stuff to download off ModDB they now know about our site and will most likely start checking up on it to get the newer mods quicker and learn about new ones being made.

And keep things in perspective guys. People don't go to ModDB for online compatible mods, they usual go there for huge scale ones and there are some that go their for additional maps for games.

Quote from: SleepKiller on August 16, 2012, 08:02:17 PM
And keep things in perspective guys. People don't go to ModDB for online compatible mods, they usual go there for huge scale ones and there are some that go their for additional maps for games.
Lol To counter that statement isn't your Unleashed mod and the legion changer oc? :P

We release on the site only what is made here, by members of this forum. for example. sleepkiller and tirpider's mods (if tirpider allows it), my mod,  buckler's mods, maps by Sleepkiller, Sereja, Deagle, Regent, and others, Multiplayer-specific mods, and possibly other things made by people here.
Current Projects:

Quote from: kitfisto15678 on August 16, 2012, 08:04:06 PM
Lol To counter that statement isn't your Unleashed mod and the legion changer oc? :P
By online compatible I mean stuff like the legion changer and lighting or texture mods. Yes SWBF Unleashed is online compatible but it isn't what I mean by it, I would classify it as a large scale mod.