Tips on Shooting Jet Troopers While in the Air.

Started by Helios, October 27, 2012, 03:13:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Roxas on November 08, 2012, 08:57:59 PM
You don't have to make it like rocket science like that. As long as you have played the game enough (which isn't a lot to figure out how far ahead one would have to aim so the target walks into the shot) it's pretty easy. The nice thing about this game is that you can actually see the bullets and move out of the way just barely (except for the Droideka).

As for taking out a flying Republic Jet, the greatest threat is their EMP Launcher if you are in direct combat with them. If you are not in direct combat with a Jet and you are "sniping" (doesn't have to be with the sniper rifle) it is still a bit difficult because Rep. Jet's are more versatile compared to a DT who's jumps are very predictable and if you are not directly in combat with them you can get them at their zenith since that is when they slow down momentarily. Not to mention after facing enough DT's and using them yourself you get the general feel about their speed and can make better predictions and calculations about how early to fire.
I disagree cuz I think the DT is more versatile than Clone Jet. I can get more places with it and it is far less predictable to shoot mid-air than a clone jet which is easy in comparison. I think you might have the two units confused play online enough and u will see the speed boost to movement of the dark trooper is much harder to predict in the hands of a skilled player.

And I can also say the shotgun is the preferred weapon over EMP launcher in the hands of a skilled player. More ammo, faster velocity, the EMP launcher is only better if you depend on splash damage for kills (or if enemy units are clustered in places such as FF).

I agree with Phobos. The Dark Trooper is much more difficult to hit for people just starting out because they are much faster, and their patterns can be unpredictable. As he said, Dark Trooper in the hands of a skilled player would beat out the Clone Jet Trooper. The Clone jet would not be able to get close enough to the Dark trooper to use the EMP launcher. The uncapped pistol might be the only advantage Clone jet has over Dark Trooper.

I said if after awhile, you work out the distances by experience. Of course if one was just starting out they would have a hard time. Really all that it comes down to is practice in the end.

Quote from: Roxas on November 09, 2012, 06:20:22 PM
I said if after awhile, you work out the distances by experience. Of course if one was just starting out they would have a hard time. Really all that it comes down to is practice in the end.

of course, over time you may learn how to put a man on mars. Doesn't mean that it's easier than putting a man on the moon.