Unlimited Mines.

Started by {TcF}Dr.Penguin, October 31, 2011, 12:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi, I was wondering if there were any mods that you can download for a server, that gives you more then 4 mines before they start disappearing, preferably that the guests on the server don't have to download any thing, but any thing would be great, thank you!

SetMemoryPoolSize("EntityMine", 400)

March 02, 2012, 10:01:27 AM #3 Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 10:05:41 AM by Phobos
SetMemoryPoolSize("EntityMine", 400)
That LUA value is for total amount of landmines that can be placed on a map. In order to bypass the limit of setting 4 down per unit, you have to modify the ODF for each side. For empire it would be imp_weap_inf_mine_dispenser.odf change the MaxItems from 4 to whatever number you want. From testing this in the past I noticed when you go over 10 there are bugs and the game crashes sometimes. I recommend somewhere between 5 and 8 but you could try more. The modifications are made to the dedicated side LVL so no client has to download any mods. Interesting what I have found is that when you don't see a memorypoolsize value in a LUA file for EntityMine, default is set to 40. That's why in really big servers that use no mods you sometimes cannot place a landmine.

The same can be done for dropping more than 4 bacta packs as a pilot. imp_weap_inf_powerup_dispenser.odf however the lifespan of this by default is 30 seconds to increase this you have to edit the powerup ODFs in the common.lvl for server