Main Play Mod version 7

Started by ggctuk, August 22, 2009, 09:59:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Taking suggestions for Main Play Mod 7 (I know I said 6 was going to be the last one but I'll get to that in a sec).

Well, Battlebelk deserves my thanks. Now it is possible to get BF2 terrain into BF1, which means first and foremost, MPM 7 will have never-before-seen maps from BF2 in BF1 (such as Geonosis Plains).

CHANGES TO THE UNITS (not finished):
-General skins cleanup.
-The snipers will each have a three-shot variant of the Blaster Rifle.
-Dark Trooper restored for mod maps (however, it is buggy in that it doesn't have jetpack sounds, despite the ODF being correct)

List of maps to be included (not finished):

Coruscant: Jedi Temple
Geonosis: Plains
Death Star: Interior
Naboo: Theed (Nighttime)
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

Quote from: ggctuk on August 22, 2009, 09:59:03 AM-Dark Trooper restored for mod maps (however, it is buggy in that it doesn't have jetpack sounds, despite the ODF being correct)
Was that my moaning that pushed that?
Anyway, It think it really is the skins that need the clean-up it's distracting to have the
contrast of SWBF1 and SWBF2 skins side-by-side, such as the rebels? Only the rocket trooper and
'special class' had up-to-date skins, why not all the others, or is that what you mean by a skin clean-up?
It's an amazing Mod as it is, just thought the rebels weapons were a bit dull...
(Sorry about my sentence structure  :P)

I find that some of the Rebel models don't work as they should in BF1 (especially the Rebel Sniper).
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

the sniper needs a skeleton to look right

The question is whether BF2 unit skeletons work in BF1. I guess they should, after all, my MagnaGuard uses the correct skeleton.
In Progress:

On Hold:

The skins that EA711 used for the rebellion in the 'starfire mod' seemed to work, I'm not saying you should
copy what he has done, but perhaps adopt whatever method he found to work?

I can only try, I guess. The Magnaguard skeleton seems to work well enough.
In Progress:

On Hold:

I'll be doing new mission.lvls for some of the maps I have downloaded. I've also created a side called "OLD.LVL" which contains the original Droid Starfighter and Jedi Starfighter, so  I can have those loaded in old-styled CW maps.

The ARC Trooper weapons will get a slight overhaul in that the ARC Infantry (standard ARC trooper) will carry the proper weaponry, it will be more powerful, but slower to fire than a standard Blaster Rifle.

I'll take suggestions in what I should adapt, although at the moment I'm going to be doing the following:

* Coruscant City
* Coruscant Streets
* Coruscant: Jedi Temple (Reconvert)
* Kamino: Nuroica City (ARC Troopers)
* Kashyyyk: Wookieland
* Kashyyyk: beachhead (BF2 Conversion map)
* Mustafar: Refinery
* Mygeeto: War-Torn City
* Utapau: Sinkhole

New missions:

Hunt Mode will be expanded so that there will be two hunt options per mission mod - this cuts back on the number of maps in addon. Details pending.
In Progress:

On Hold:

where can i get the hunt stuff?

Hey,

Generally, we try not to post in topics over thirty days old. Please look at the top of the last post for a date and time posted. If you have something useful to add, feel free to bump a topic but if not, please don't post and instead just ask a member, or for questions like these, send a PM to the mod author.

ggctuk, if you want this reopened, please go ahead and send me a PM.

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)