SWBF Mission Pack 1

Started by ggctuk, August 11, 2009, 08:46:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
August 11, 2009, 08:46:21 AM Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 02:22:33 PM by Buckler

Edited by buckler:  Link is broken, if anyone has these files, please let me know and we can put them up here.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=71BGC050

QuoteSTAR WARS BATTLEFRONT - MISSION PACK 1 by GGCTUK

This contains mission maps for SWBF1, based off the BF2 missions.

Differences include: Both missions are played in a mock-CW world to get the Droid/Anti-Trooper sounds working correctly. The Empire piggy-backs off the CIS sounds but I have included custom sounds for some of the Empire's weapons, and as fixes (for Vader's breath, Geonosian sounds etc). The Empire side comes from the Main Play Mod "Prototype" Troopers set, with some modifications.

GLITCHES: Individual mission glitches are listed below.
-The CIS Officer will say "We Lost a Command Post" when playing as Empire after capturing CP, and "We captured a command post" when the Empire loses a CP. No known cause, I do not know how to fix this either.

====
kamup - KAMINO: Changing of the Guard
====

Clone Wars: slightly diverged from the GCW version, Empire has the Imperial Officer, and Ozzik Sturn as their hero. The Anti-Troopers have Obi-Wan.

Galactic Civil War: Based heavily off the BF2 mission. The Empire has a Sky Trooper as its fifth unit, their hero is Boba Fett. The Anti-Troopers' hero is an ARC Anti-Trooper Commander.

====
musup - MUSTAFAR: Tying Up Loose Ends
====

WARNING:YOU MUST HAVE THE MUSTAFAR: REFINERY MAP TO PLAY THIS! (mus1)

Clone Wars: Again, changes to the original mission (GCW era below). Empire has the Sky Trooper. CIS has the Droid Pilot and their hero is Darth Maul.

Galactic Civil War: Empire has the Imperial Officer (differing from that seen in the CW Kamino mission). The CIS has a Geonosian Engineer instead of the Droid Pilot, and the CIS hero is Gizor Delso.

GLITCH: The deathregion for the massive lava lake is absent. I do not know the name of it, but in the next version I hope to have this fixed.

====
Credits
====

-Maveritchell and psych0Fred for helping me to figure out sound.
-Pandemic for the Mod Tools, and LucasArts for the game.
-Pandemic and LucasArts again for the assets from the BF1 and BF2 Mod Tools.
-I read through the credits of the Conversion Pack for BF2, and yet I found nothing on who made the Republic skins. So, whoever made them, thanks to you too.
-Napseeker for help making the Flamethrower.
-Dragon93 for tutorial on Clone trooper skins
-AceMastermind for OOM droids
-RepSharpshooter for the 501st skin
-OOM-9 for the DC-15 carbine
-NeoMarz for DC-17mand Mygeeto BF2 to BF1 map conversion.
-Ben Burtt for SFX
-John Williams for music.
-Whoever made the cymbal swell, timpani roll and cymbal clash effects for the music has my thanks too.

====
LEGAL
====

THIS MOD IS NOT ENDORSED BY LUCASARTS, PANDEMIC OR LUCASFILM. ALL MATERIAL USED IN THE MAKING OF THIS MOD WAS USED STRICTLY FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES AND SHOULD NOT BE REDISTRIBUTED WITHOUT CONSENT. THIS MOD IS FOR FUN, SO IF YOU PAID FOR IT, YOU'VE BEEN RIPPED OFF.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

Good I loved these missions, downloading know.  :tu:

I'm quite fired up now, I wonder what I should do next for it?
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

/starts download

Sounds great ggctuk!
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

Just tried them out. Very nice ggctuk... both are good. :)
... I added them to the list, also.

August 12, 2009, 02:09:24 AM #5 Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 05:18:38 AM by UNIT33
I can't contain my drooling !
downloading...
ggctuk ... you're the best !

they sound awsome and ill dl them later,but could you please upload it somewhere else? Megaupload is bad for hosting files

If you can get it down to 64 mb, it can be uploaded here. Maybe 7z would work? or perhaps just extreme RAR compress it. I guess I could just FTP it here, too.

Regardless, I'll give it a try when I get home.

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

i got a recent map i did down to 2,461 kbs with 7zip after i deleted every thing not used in the sides

Your best compression is going to be using a self-extracting 7zip archive, if you want to do something easy and fast. If you create an installer (which is covered in this tutorial at Gametoast), you can cut the size down even more (I use this method for any large mod I make).

New, updated link with Mustafar Death Region and Kamino Objective fixes, and a new Hero Assault:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7PNNCKZ0

QuoteSTAR WARS BATTLEFRONT - MISSION PACK 2 by GGCTUK

This contains mission maps for SWBF1, based off the BF2 missions.

The Kamino and Mustafar missions are played in a mock-CW world to get the Droid/Anti-Trooper sounds working correctly. The Empire piggy-backs off the CIS sounds but I have included custom sounds for some of the Empire's weapons, and as fixes (for Vader's breath, Geonosian sounds etc). The Empire side comes from the Main Play Mod "Prototype" Troopers set, with some modifications.

GLITCHES: Individual mission glitches are listed below.
-The CIS Officer will say "We Lost a Command Post" when playing as Empire after capturing CP, and "We captured a command post" when the Empire loses a CP. No known cause, I do not know how to fix this either.

====
kamup - KAMINO: Changing of the Guard
====

Clone Wars: slightly diverged from the GCW version, Empire has the Imperial Officer, and Ozzik Sturn as their hero. The Anti-Troopers have Obi-Wan.

Galactic Civil War: Based heavily off the BF2 mission. The Empire has a Sky Trooper as its fifth unit, their hero is Boba Fett. The Anti-Troopers' hero is an ARC Anti-Trooper Commander.

The objectives have been fixed.

====
musup - MUSTAFAR: Tying Up Loose Ends
====

WARNING:YOU MUST HAVE THE MUSTAFAR: REFINERY MAP TO PLAY THIS! (mus1)

Clone Wars: Again, changes to the original mission (GCW era below). Empire has the Sky Trooper. CIS has the Droid Pilot and their hero is Darth Maul.

Galactic Civil War: Empire has the Imperial Officer (differing from that seen in the CW Kamino mission). The CIS has a Geonosian Engineer instead of the Droid Pilot, and the CIS hero is Gizor Delso.

The deathregion for the massive lava lake has now been fixed - you will die if you fall in.

====
tata - TATOOINE: Hero Assault
====

Clone Wars: Play as a Jedi, Sith or Bounty Hunter from the Clone Wars.

Galactic Civil War: Play as a Jedi, Sith or Bounty Hunter from the Galactic Civil War.

====
Future
====

I hope to do a couple more mods and maps based on BF2, including the BF2 Kashyyyk mission, Geonosis etc... but for now I have no way to convert maps from BF2 to BF1 since BattleBelk's method does not seem to be working.

====
Credits
====

-Maveritchell and psych0Fred for helping me to figure out sound.
-Pandemic for the Mod Tools, and LucasArts for the game.
-Pandemic and LucasArts again for the assets from the BF1 and BF2 Mod Tools.
-ARC_Commander for the BFX assets
-Darth D.U.C.K. for the Royal/Shadow Guard
-Taivyx for force pike
-Napseeker for the new General Grievous, and the help making the Flamethrower.
-I read through the credits of the Conversion Pack for BF2, and yet I found nothing on who made the Republic skins. So, whoever made them, thanks to you too.
-Dragon93 for tutorial on Clone trooper skins
-AceMastermind for OOM droids
-RepSharpshooter for the 501st skin
-OOM-9 for the DC-15 carbine
-NeoMarz for DC-17mand Mygeeto BF2 to BF1 map conversion.
-Ben Burtt for SFX
-John Williams for music.
-Whoever made the cymbal swell, timpani roll and cymbal clash effects for the music has my thanks too.

====
LEGAL
====

THIS MOD IS NOT ENDORSED BY LUCASARTS, PANDEMIC OR LUCASFILM. ALL MATERIAL USED IN THE MAKING OF THIS MOD WAS USED STRICTLY FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES AND SHOULD NOT BE REDISTRIBUTED WITHOUT CONSENT. THIS MOD IS FOR FUN, SO IF YOU PAID FOR IT, YOU'VE BEEN RIPPED OFF.
In Progress:

On Hold: