Calling all aspiring game devs!

Started by Unit 33, June 10, 2014, 12:47:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
June 10, 2014, 12:47:59 PM Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 11:03:40 AM by Unit 33

So yeah, a few of us have been toying with the idea of making a SWBF-type game in the Unity engine.

We even have a secret forum board all about it.

Unfortunately it has come to light that there a probably too few of us with the the applicable skills, and frankly we need help!

So, if you can model, texture, code, animate, voice act or whatever else you may imagine goes into making a small-ish third person shooter, then why not help out? It'll be fun!

Quote from: Unit 33 on June 10, 2014, 12:47:59 PM
So yeah, a few of us have been toying with the idea of making a SWBF-type game in the Unity engine.

We even have a secret forum board all about it.

Unfortunately it has come to light that there a probably too few of us with the the applicable skills, and frankly we need help!

So, if you can model, texture, code, animate, voice act or whatever else you may imagine goes into making a small-ish third person shooter, then why not help out? It'll be fun!

Well I am pushing into this whole modeling thing as a career, so I'd be interested in seeing what you guys are wanting to do. I for one have never used Unity (more of a Source/Unreal Engine user) but I hear it's pretty easy to pick up.
photobucket limit image removed

Quote from: Epifire on June 10, 2014, 12:57:50 PM
Well I am pushing into this whole modeling thing as a career, so I'd be interested in seeing what you guys are wanting to do. I for one have never used Unity (more of a Source/Unreal Engine user) but I hear it's pretty easy to pick up.
Grand, I've added you to the board!

If there is any voice work auditions I think I would like to be given the chance. Im also good at voice manipulation and audio editing for other voice work.
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

SUP! I saw a help request on game toast so I thought I would come look. I don't know how to do game designing, but I know how to make maps. If your interested, look at this topic

http://gametoast.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&p=505080#p505080

Keep in mind, I still have to re download Unity beacuse I have to re-install windows on my PC. So, I lost the map shown it the topic. And whats even better is, the map was SO much better after I took those pictures. I forgot to take some screens of them sadly.

So, I would love to help. Like I said, I ONLY know how to do maps right now. Don't know much about path finding, AI, coding or other things, but you give me 3D props (I.E rocks, trees, etc) I can place and use it to make a natural looking terrain. Ive only made natural style maps, so I would have learn to map urban maps if you want.

So please message me if you want

EDIT: I also know how to add audio for stuff like water falls, birds and that kind of stuff

Great, familiarity with Unity is wonderful, I have added you to the board.

Quote from: PRECISION on June 16, 2014, 09:57:17 AM
May I ask where the board is?
Go to the "private discussion" section right under "J-Dee's BattleFront 1.5" and you'll find it.