New "Star Wars Rebels" Animated TV Series 2014

Started by Unit 33, May 20, 2013, 11:09:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
http://starwars.com/news/new-animated-series-star-wars-rebels-coming-fall-2014.html

Here we go!

This series shall explore the 20 odd years between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope.

Thoughts? Woes? Hopes?

I wouldn't mind a starkiller cameo. maybe even episodes based on the 501st.
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

I saw this earlier, it looks like it's the replacement for the clone wars. It's interesting that they went for that time period as opposed to waiting and tying in with the new films.
I never watched the clone wars but if this looks any good I might get the Blu-Ray, I don't have any of the channels it will be on. :)

Quote from: 411Remnant on May 20, 2013, 11:23:27 AM
I wouldn't mind a starkiller cameo. maybe even episodes based on the 501st.
I'm still annoyed that Force unleashed to was not only a short game but they didn't even conclude the story.  :slap:
If they could do a series like the Karen Traviss books I would like to see that.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

I was expecting this, a lot. I figured, if they were going to make a series to gap Attack of The Clones and Revenge of The Sith, they were going to make a series to gap Revenge of The Sith and A New Hope.

As far as this series is heading, I hope it carries with The Clone Wars animation-style, unless people hate it, I'm cool with that. Seeing as how they might add some of Ralph McQuarrie's artwork into this though will definitely prove interesting.

If anyone didn't already know this, The Clone Wars isn't finished (they still have a Season 6 to finish up and air), it's just taking a break. Now I know why they were taking that break, to focus on this new series. Hopefully though it will tie-in with Episode IV nicely, and who knows, perhaps add a few hints towards what we might see in Episode VII. :)

I hate rebels and storm troopers...
They're cool ingame, but I don't hold the first 3 episodes of Starwars in very high reguard. The story is really the only thing I like (which is actually pretty good, most "movies" like halo have hardly any good story ground, and alot of special effects. You can't just throw money into something and expect it to be good, it takes WORK, which George did A. L. O.T. of according to documentaries.) I certainly hope this doesn't just 'replace' the clone wars, I really really liked the series.

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on May 20, 2013, 12:24:51 PM
I hate rebels and storm troopers...
:o wuuuuuuuuat?!?! :o

lol, sry for that, but as you can tell by my profile pixs i am a fan.
Before I read the video, i was sorta skeptical and felt the same reaction as always (would be cool, but hopefully they don't ruin it). I think though after watching the video though i am looking a little more forward to it, since they seemed to be putting an emphasis to detail (the staged tie window counting). I also like the idea of trying to get the color schemes and feel of the orig 3 star wars (and hopefully the animation is good too). I think i might be more interested in this one over clone wars because I enjoy this era more, although i'm not sure how they will adapt it to cartoon (i think the jedi and clone wars was better suited to this).

-side note, i want that guys rug-
Peace is a lie, there is only passion          -Fear leads to anger
Through passion, I gain strength              -Anger leads to hate
Through strength, I gain power                -Hate leads to suffering
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall free me

It better incorporate the hero's journey or I'm flipping a table.

Perhaps if Lucas had somehow used the technology they used to make the newer clone vs droid episodes on the Imperial ones, I might like it more. But the graphics were horrid, the voices were pretty lame (except for Vader, he's OK), It is good for it's day, especially the story, but if you are trying to compare it to the newer episodes, its crap. Admit it.

May 20, 2013, 01:21:44 PM #9 Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 01:24:12 PM by UNIT 33
Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on May 20, 2013, 12:52:57 PM
Perhaps if Lucas had somehow used the technology they used to make the newer clone vs droid episodes on the Imperial ones, I might like it more. But the graphics were horrid, the voices were pretty lame (except for Vader, he's OK), It is good for it's day, especially the story, but if you are trying to compare it to the newer episodes, its crap. Admit it.
Not everybody holds special effects as the highest factor of the film experience... Considering as that appears to be your singular reason for the Prequels being better I suggest you back away slowly before us fanatics get mad.

-And that's an official moderator warning! Let's try not to argue...

I know all my posts about "New Star Wars" stuff have been very negative sounding, but I have to admit, I do look forward to it.

My jaded views of what I feel went wrong, color my anticipation.... ah.. that's something we all have, regardless of era or faction, it's antici...(say it!)...pation

No one here will experience that same sci-fi triple feature at the drive-in to see what new dramas in space will invade their lives and have their mom read the novelization of the movie to them as bed time stories before seeing the flick.  That's my experience.  But I won't get to see the new drama with young eyes because of it.

We all win, and we all lose in some regard.

and baack on topic...

One thing I really hope turns out is the McQuarrie art.  And they would have to work really hard to mess up the clone to stormtrooper transition. (new stormies, YAY!)

Quote from: tirpider on May 20, 2013, 01:59:32 PM
No one here will experience that same sci-fi triple feature at the drive-in to see what new dramas in space will invade their lives and have their mom read the novelization of the movie to them as bed time stories before seeing the flick.  That's my experience.  But I won't get to see the new drama with young eyes because of it.
We all have those special moments of cinema.
The first film I saw at the pictures was Empire (Some re-run in the 90s)... and the chaps who ran the place showed me the projector room, it was groovy.

So obviously you can never recapture the initial "magic".

But yeah... we can only know for certain that nothing can get worse then... Er well you probably know my feelings about The Phantom Menace.

Quote from: tirpider on May 20, 2013, 01:59:32 PM
One thing I really hope turns out is the McQuarrie art.
I would absolutely love to see the show's style become fuelled by his artwork... his stuff is just lovely.

May 20, 2013, 03:24:42 PM #12 Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 04:40:08 PM by tirpider

That Tusken.. everything about him says "Fire In The Disco".

-edit- And the Shetland Pony Banthas kinda grow on you after a while....

I saw this announcement pretty much right when it was posted. I was just lucky I guess.

I'll just start off that this announcement made my day. So you can probably guess my views on this topic but I'll spew them out for those who like to see my Star Wars "ranting." ;)

I love the Clone Wars TV show, especially Season 5. I love the style, the animation, acting and story. The people behind the show are wonderful people who do a good job because they love Star Wars. One of the things I adored about the Season 5 Ahsoka arc is that it had A LOT of original trilogy foreshadowing. That just blew me away the way they incorporated that into the arc and the show in general!

I don't think there is a better time period they could have chosen. This way they can include many of the characters from the Clone Wars (Tarkin! Ahsoka (remember she leaves the Jedi Order so we don't know if she is caught in Order 66) And a bunch of the great Clone Troopers! ) This will truly close the gap between the prequel and original trilogy.

I think that some of Ralph McQuarrie's concept art is amazing and I'm glad that they are using his art. The Clone Wars team (now the "Rebels" team) likes to re-use ideas that were meant for any of the 6 films, but either got cut, or were replaced. This is a great thing that really helps it feel like Star Wars. It sounds to me like the production team will stay the same as it was for the Clone Wars. I hope they keep Kevin Kiner as the episode composer. Near the end of the Clone Wars (and in some of the new bonus content previews) the score feels a lot more like Star Wars and he (finally) uses some of John Williams' themes. I love it!

Now to correct various wrong assumptions I saw in this thread:
Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on May 20, 2013, 12:17:52 PM
As far as this series is heading, I hope it carries with The Clone Wars animation-style, unless people hate it, I'm cool with that.
In the video that goes along with the announcement Dave Filoni says "imagine seeing this picture in CG" implying that the show will be in the same style as The Clone Wars.

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on May 20, 2013, 12:17:52 PM
If anyone didn't already know this, The Clone Wars isn't finished (they still have a Season 6 to finish up and air), it's just taking a break.
Not true. I have been following any Clone Wars news closely and this is the real news.

The Clone Wars TV show is done. There will be NO MORE Seasons. Instead there is "bonus content." It is unknown whether these will be on TV or how they will be distributed. It is also unknown when this "bonus content" will be released.
I just wanted to clear that up.  :)

That pretty much sums up my thoughts as of right now. But to sum up, I am extremely happy about this announcement and I CAN NOT wait for all of the new Star Wars media coming our way.  :cheer:

The original trilogy was on the cutting edge of technology for the times. If graphics are the only reason you like a movie (like Transformers :sick:), than I feel sorry for you. There are so many things wrong with the prequels it would take me hours to explain them all. The original trilogy is a work of art.

-I glanced over the conversations so this may not even be relevant.