Half Life 2 in Apple's 1984 commercial.

Started by aeria., May 25, 2010, 02:56:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
What do you know, Half Life 2's the next game to be ported to Mac. While I would prefer Team Fortress 2 or Counter Strike to be ported next, it is great to hear that probably one of the best PC games of all time... is soon for Mac users to enjoy. I've spent maybe 30 or so hours just on the first playthrough of the game. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Release date? The 26th of May. Oh wait, that's tomorrow!

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/05/25/half-life-2-for-mac-hits-steam-on-may-26/

Valve made an interesting reenactment of the famous 1984 super bowl advertisement for the first Mac. While it was quite short, it surely brings nostalgia to the people who've lived that long.

--AG

#TYBG

darn it! I was hoping for tf2

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

May 25, 2010, 04:03:29 PM #2 Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 04:09:24 PM by Gamer9er
Yes it is!  Who knows maybe the Orange Box as a surprise tomorrow ;p

QuoteSteam for Mac gets a big update this week with the addition of Half-Life 2, coming to Mac OS X on May 26.

Valve has confirmed that Half-Life 2 plus Half-Life 2: Episode I and II will be available to Mac users as of this week's update. A long wait, some five and a half years since Half-Life 2 was released on the PC, but a welcome addition nonetheless.
- kotaku.com

Well the Orange box won't come out tomorrow i'm sure, they would want a bigger splash for TF2.

I have to admit, if HL2 is all thats coming out i'm pretty disappointed, i'd have wanted all of HalfLife at once.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

Quote from: Hardcore on May 25, 2010, 04:11:31 PM
Well the Orange box won't come out tomorrow i'm sure, they would want a bigger splash for TF2.

I have to admit, if HL2 is all thats coming out i'm pretty disappointed, i'd have wanted all of HalfLife at once.

Take a look at Gamer9er's post. HL2 plus both episodes are coming to Mac. The first Half Life + their expansions run on GoldSrc, which is soon to reach 12 years old.

With that said, the last game awaiting from the Orange Box is probably the most popular one, Team Fortress 2. I'd recommend getting the Orange Box right now and just wait until Team Fortress comes out. There's a slight chance the price will go up later due to a Mac release.

I mean 5 excellent games for 30 dollars, that's just a great deal. Activision would sell it for 60 dollars each game plus a 100 more in the amount of DLC released for TF2 XD

#TYBG

wow just saw it. hmm, from what i heard this game is revolutionary.....

still wait for TF2?

I suggest getting the Orange Box for PC seeing how it's a better deal. Portal, HL2+the two episodes+TF2 for 30 dollars. It's better than buying them separately, which would cost you about 65 dollars.

#TYBG

will the 2 episodes also be available for MAC? if so I will go ahead and buyy the orange box tomarrow.

Yes it will be.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

Also take note that Crossover Games  BETA 9 (dunno if it's in a final build yet) can finally run the Orange Box without crashing every 15 minutes. If you're too impatient for Steam to port their games, you could always run the PC version.
All of valve's games can run on CG9.

Also, the retail version of Counter Strike comes with HL2:DM (I'm also gifting that game for free.) and Day of Defeat: Source. That's 3 games for 20 dollars. :D

#TYBG

the Orange box has been dropped to 20$

Last word in the trailer was sandwich. I'm just sayin....

Oh nice, Orange Box is on sale! Team Fortress 2 is also soon!

Check out TF2's awesome machinima videos!
http://store.steampowered.com/app/440/

#TYBG