(SOLVED) Munging sounds from the stock game (SFX files)

Started by Red04SWBF, March 10, 2019, 10:07:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
March 10, 2019, 10:07:43 AM Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 09:41:51 AM by Red04 (CC-4398)
Hi again!

Not long ago I fixed an issue related to sound munging and thanks to it I can munge sound ambients and effects. I've seen that it is also possible to include sounds from the stock game (for example the missing sounds from a vehicle), but I've tried and it doesn't work. To carry out this process I've tried with a tutorial of Rends that there's in GameToast: http://www.gametoast.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4750&hilit=sound+tutorial.

I assumed that this tutorial would work for SWBF1, but having modified even the soundmunge.bat and munge.bat files to be able to munge any stock sound nothing happened. What I did for that last step is the following:

1) Unzipped the PremungedSoundConfig to ...\DataSnd1\_BUILD_PC\sound folder. As it includes the modified munge.bat file I haven't had to change anything.
2) Modified the soundmunge.bat from DataSnd1. Here's what I wrote inside following the Rends Tutorial model:
[spoiler]@if %1x==x goto noplatform
@if /i %1==pc set BANKOPT=-template
@set PLATFORM=%1
@rem Munge global, shell and side specific sound data

@call soundmungedir _BUILD_%PLATFORM%\sound\cw sound\cw _SOURCE_%PLATFORM%\sound\cw %PLATFORM% . _LVL_%PLATFORM%\sound _BUILD_%PLATFORM%\sound cw
@call soundmungedir _BUILD_%PLATFORM%\sound\gcw sound\gcw _SOURCE_%PLATFORM%\sound\gcw %PLATFORM% . _LVL_%PLATFORM%\sound _BUILD_%PLATFORM%\sound gcw
@call soundmungedir _BUILD_%PLATFORM%\sound\global sound\global _SOURCE_%PLATFORM%\sound\global %PLATFORM% . _LVL_%PLATFORM%\sound _BUILD_%PLATFORM%\sound global
@call soundmungedir _BUILD_%PLATFORM%\sound\shell sound\shell _SOURCE_%PLATFORM%\sound\shell %PLATFORM% . _LVL_%PLATFORM%\sound _BUILD_%PLATFORM%\sound shell

@rem Munge world specific sound data

@call soundmungedir _BUILD_%PLATFORM%\sound\worlds\bes sound\worlds\bes _SOURCE_%PLATFORM%\sound\worlds\bes %PLATFORM% . _LVL_%PLATFORM%\sound _BUILD_%PLATFORM%\sound bes
@call soundmungedir _BUILD_%PLATFORM%\sound\worlds\end sound\worlds\end _SOURCE_%PLATFORM%\sound\worlds\end %PLATFORM% . _LVL_%PLATFORM%\sound _BUILD_%PLATFORM%\sound end
@call soundmungedir _BUILD_%PLATFORM%\sound\worlds\geo sound\worlds\geo _SOURCE_%PLATFORM%\sound\worlds\geo %PLATFORM% . _LVL_%PLATFORM%\sound _BUILD_%PLATFORM%\sound geo
@call soundmungedir _BUILD_%PLATFORM%\sound\worlds\hot sound\worlds\hot _SOURCE_%PLATFORM%\sound\worlds\hot %PLATFORM% . _LVL_%PLATFORM%\sound _BUILD_%PLATFORM%\sound hot
@call soundmungedir _BUILD_%PLATFORM%\sound\worlds\kam sound\worlds\kam _SOURCE_%PLATFORM%\sound\worlds\kam %PLATFORM% . _LVL_%PLATFORM%\sound _BUILD_%PLATFORM%\sound kam
@call soundmungedir _BUILD_%PLATFORM%\sound\worlds\kas sound\worlds\kas _SOURCE_%PLATFORM%\sound\worlds\kas %PLATFORM% . _LVL_%PLATFORM%\sound _BUILD_%PLATFORM%\sound kas
@call soundmungedir _BUILD_%PLATFORM%\sound\worlds\nab sound\worlds\nab _SOURCE_%PLATFORM%\sound\worlds\nab %PLATFORM% . _LVL_%PLATFORM%\sound _BUILD_%PLATFORM%\sound nab
@call soundmungedir _BUILD_%PLATFORM%\sound\worlds\rhn sound\worlds\rhn _SOURCE_%PLATFORM%\sound\worlds\rhn %PLATFORM% . _LVL_%PLATFORM%\sound _BUILD_%PLATFORM%\sound rhn
@call soundmungedir _BUILD_%PLATFORM%\sound\worlds\tat sound\worlds\tat _SOURCE_%PLATFORM%\sound\worlds\tat %PLATFORM% . _LVL_%PLATFORM%\sound _BUILD_%PLATFORM%\sound tat
@call soundmungedir _BUILD_%PLATFORM%\sound\worlds\yav sound\worlds\yav _SOURCE_%PLATFORM%\sound\worlds\yav %PLATFORM% . _LVL_%PLATFORM%\sound _BUILD_%PLATFORM%\sound yav
@call soundmungedir _BUILD_%PLATFORM%\sound\worlds\Snd1 sound\worlds\Snd1 _SOURCE_%PLATFORM%\sound\worlds\Snd1 %PLATFORM% . _LVL_%PLATFORM%\sound _BUILD_%PLATFORM%\sound Snd1

@goto exit
:noplatform
@echo Platform must be specified as the first argument
:exit
[/spoiler]
3) Included the corresponding SFX files to the ...\Sound\worlds\Snd1, modified the same SXF file and REQ era file, and then I munged.

Does anyone know how to munge sounds from the stock game correctly? Or have I forgotten something?
AR Clan Discord: https://discord.gg/gmmSm5e | Star Wars: Battlefront - 20th Anniversary (2004-2024)

IIRC, you need to add a -stub command to the following line in your soundmunge.bat:

@if /i %1==pc set BANKOPT=-template

So it looks like

@if /i %1==pc set BANKOPT=-template  -stub c:\windows\media\chord.wav

What stub does is it tells the munge to treat anything mentioned in the SFX file as a pointer instead of a sound. You have to reference an actual sound file for it to work, though - and the file quoted here exists in all versions of Windows.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

Great, it seems it worked when I saved the soundmunge.bat with the -stub line.

Thanks Giftheck! ;)
AR Clan Discord: https://discord.gg/gmmSm5e | Star Wars: Battlefront - 20th Anniversary (2004-2024)