"Access Denied" While Munging

Started by swgaming1015, August 02, 2016, 03:30:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
After 1 failed attempt to munge my map ( it was munging fine up until that point ) my BFBuilder folder seems to have broken. If I attempt to put any data or maps in the folder it will ask me for administrative permission ( it never used to do this and I believe this is the cause of the problem. )  When I try to create a new map, I get a script error that tells me "Permission Denied" and "An error has occurred in the script on this page." When I try to munge already existing maps it says "Access Denied" after every line in the munge log and the munge fails to produce a working map. I've tried uninstalling Battlefront and re-downloading BFBuilder but for some reason it still fails to work. Is there an easy fix to this issue? Any ideas would be appreciated.  :)

A couple of questions:
1. Have you been able to munge successfully in the past?
2. What OS are you using?
3. (If the answer to #1 is "Yes") Have you tried cleaning?

1. As I mentioned in my last post, I have never had any problem munging maps. I have munged many maps before which all worked. The map I get now if broken and appears blacked out.

2. Windows 7 on a 64 bit PC.

3. I clean every map before I munge it and this has done no good here.

I'm pretty sure this problem has something to do with "Permission Denied" aspect. I think it might be my firewall or something like that. It never used to ask me for administrative permission like this. Luckily I saved my data before this error happened so my map is safe, I just can't munge it right now. I suppose I'll just have to take down my firewall, uninstall all the mod tools and Battlefront and see what happens.

Quote from: swgaming1015 on August 02, 2016, 04:35:53 PM
1. As I mentioned in my last post, I have never had any problem munging maps. I have munged many maps before which all worked. The map I get now if broken and appears blacked out.

2. Windows 7 on a 64 bit PC.

3. I clean every map before I munge it and this has done no good here.

I'm pretty sure this problem has something to do with "Permission Denied" aspect. I think it might be my firewall or something like that. It never used to ask me for administrative permission like this. Luckily I saved my data before this error happened so my map is safe, I just can't munge it right now. I suppose I'll just have to take down my firewall, uninstall all the mod tools and Battlefront and see what happens.

It has nothing to do with your firewall...

Run it in an administrator account and tell us what happens.

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Make sure all the files in your project folder have read-only disabled. Then to see if the clean.bat didn't malfunction, check the munged folder and delete any files if present For example if your folder was named Bes1 check this subfolder Databes1\_BUILD_PC\Worlds\bes1\munged\

The error about the script could be due to a space in the file path name. Check to see if BFBuilder folder is directly in C:\ or C:\LucasArts if it isn't already and try again. Also make sure you are using BFBuilder pro.

Thanks very much Led! I tried again in an administrator account and I can create new maps and munge old maps with no problem now. I'm still not sure how one failed munge caused this problem in the first place but at least if I want to mod now I can do so in another account. Thanks again.