Battlefield Play4Free Closed Beta

Started by aeria., December 20, 2010, 06:51:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
December 20, 2010, 06:51:46 PM Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 06:59:37 PM by ageatsyellowsnow
It appears I've been granted access to its closed beta. Can't complain about that.

I'll post soon on my thoughts of it.

--AG

EDIT: It appears that part of the agreement on getting Closed Beta access to the game is that I CANNOT upload any beta footage whether that is videos, screenshots, or any other means. To keep myself within the rules, I will merely provide my opinions of the game in its closed beta state. I can't go further than that.

#TYBG

December 20, 2010, 07:05:48 PM #1 Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 07:26:52 PM by ageatsyellowsnow
Part 1 - Downloading.

Most people will notice from beta footage that this game looks too powerful to be a browser game. It's somewhat true. I logged into my EA account through the Battlfield Play4Free website when I have been prompted to install a Firefox plug-in and restart. After that was done, EA's updater software found in Battlefield Bad Company 2/Medal of Honor appears and it is now downloading the game. It's actually taking its time so I'm unsure when it will finish.

It's not exactly a browser game yet it requires you to log in through your web browser which is pretty lame. I hope this is only temporary.

EDIT: It took about half an hour but it's finally installed! I'll be tinkering around with it. I'll post again after the break.

--AG

#TYBG

I got sent a code too, but i think its only for PC.

i applied for the beta, im guessing they prioritize people by if they have bought products, which i have

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

I received one as well.  The beta is very glitchy and unreliable.  It didn't feel like I was in a battlefield game either.  It felt like a low quality version of medal of honor.  Don't get me wrong that it's a beta and it has a lot of potential.

Quote from: Gamer9er on December 22, 2010, 12:37:46 PM
I received one as well.  The beta is very glitchy and unreliable.  It didn't feel like I was in a battlefield game either.  It felt like a low quality version of medal of honor.  Don't get me wrong that it's a beta and it has a lot of potential.

Yep. It's that bad. I find it shocking considering that this is using the BF2 engine and is using a BF2 map. Somehow they intentionally decreased the quality even further.

#TYBG

??? I found it pretty good. maybe they released a patch recently that changed it. When I played it, it felt like a mash up of BF2 and BF:BC2