steam special

Started by Soap Mactavish, October 08, 2010, 03:49:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Mw2 is now only 40$ for this weekend. Despite being a "noobish game" it is still extremely entertaining and a pretty compelling campaign imo. I recommend it unless you plan to by black ops next month

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

The reason for the sale was to maximize profits until Black Ops comes out. XD

#TYBG

Where is my black ops preorder?  I hope they offer dedicated bandwidth (excuse faulty terminology plz)

October 11, 2010, 01:53:22 PM #3 Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 01:55:16 PM by ag
Quote from: Soap Mactavish on October 11, 2010, 01:51:10 PM
Where is my black ops preorder?  I hope they offer dedicated bandwidth (excuse faulty terminology plz)

Dedicated servers is what you meant?

I've already gotten a copy of MoH however it's locking me out because it's not released until tomorrow. >.>

#TYBG

They do have dedicated servers, but they are only through one provider... the worst one in the industry, in my opinion!

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

Quote from: Jedikiller on October 11, 2010, 01:55:37 PM
They do have dedicated servers, but they are only through one provider... the worst one in the industry, in my opinion!

Not the worst, but it spends a lot of its focus on advertising and they get a bit pricey. At least they have good latency.

#TYBG

no i meant they dedicate a certain dl stream so you can get your game without the freakin 4 day wait

Oh, that's just a problem with the delivery network. Steam uses like 20 gigs of bandwidth at any given second. This is on an off day.

On a normal day, they usually use about 30 gigs per second. On a loaded day, it's probably more like 50 gigs per second. Limelight Networks (the company who does the downloads for Steam) is good, but even they have a problem dealing with that much transfer without some slowdowns.

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

Maybe they should do the same thing Google does, make themselves their own ISP. I bet that costs alot of money tho that only Google can pay for   :dry: