America's Army 3

Started by aeria., August 05, 2010, 07:46:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Anyway my friend from school got me into America's Army 3.

It's an addicting game once you learn it. Graphics are a bit outdated but it's not a game you'd play for the graphics. It's a game you'd play for its attention to realism. Realism that hasn't been seen in a modern game since Ghost Recon.

Has anyone on MPC played it?

#TYBG

Quote from: Red on August 07, 2010, 10:09:06 AM
Played it. Didn't like it much so I uninstalled it. Maybe that was just because it was the first few days and everything was going down the drain before they patched it.

AA is known for having terrible releases. Patches always fix everything for them. PB is a big issue though.
.:AM:. Quik <3: ag..
.:AM:. Quik <3: his avatar...
.:AM:. Quik <3: is really gay..
.:AM:. Quik <3: lol
Droideka: avatar isn't gay!
Droideka: AG is

.:AM:. Quik <3: don't worry, i like you
.:AM:. Quik <3: that's all that matters
Droideka: NOO
Droideka: i only care about BD
Droideka: that sounded gay

Quote from: Red on August 07, 2010, 10:09:06 AM
Played it. Didn't like it much so I uninstalled it. Maybe that was just because it was the first few days and everything was going down the drain before they patched it.

Yeah I really didn't like it when it started becaused it was so bugged. There's minor bugs remaining but it is very playable now.

#TYBG

I play it! And when you get with a group that works well as a team, it's a very addicting game.

same thing as Red. Didnt think it was a very good game. very glitchy, controls were awkward, and well...its not very aesthetic

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

Once you decrease the sensitivity of the mouse and use alt for sprinting, the game should be pretty smooth.

The visuals are weak, that I know but it's still very easy to determine your teammates and your enemies so it isn't that big of an issue. It just take a bit of patience to get used to its gameplay. It's not a TDM game where all the weapons fire in automatic and have little recoil. It's a realism shooter so doing objectives and getting kills are very rewarding.

There's a bit of glitches present (once you choose the red dot, you can't switch back to the ironsights) but it's not gamebreaking.

#TYBG