Medal of Honor Closed Beta

Started by aeria., July 16, 2010, 04:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
July 16, 2010, 04:57:26 PM Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 05:01:07 PM by ag
I've been playing Medal on Honor for quite a bit now. Anyone can have access to it simply by signing up. It's available for both the PS3 and PC, you just have to choose during the sign-up process. :D

https://login.fileplanet.com/login.aspx?r=http://www.fileplanet.com/promotion/medal-of-honor/signup.aspx&sl=

Yes, it's that simple to get access, however for how long I don't know. Reserve your beta key before they all run out.

If anyone wants to play w/ me, I'm aeriaglorismpc.

--AG

EDIT: You'll need both a gamespy account and an EA account for the sign-up process. Both are free, so no worries!

#TYBG

I pre ordered it.
Still waiting for the beta to come for 360... :(

Lol, pc rulez

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

Quote from: Soap Mactavish on July 16, 2010, 07:21:46 PM
Lol, pc rulez

Very useful way of increasing your post count, eh?

If I'm not mistaken, the Frostbite Engine is more native to the PS3 than to the 360, hence why there's a PS3 beta before a 360 beta. It's either that or Sony has secured its relations to EA, like how Microsoft has its relations with Activision.

#TYBG

how would an engine more native to one platform than another? wouldnt it be either it is native or it isnt?

Game looks like BFBC2.  Can't justify the upped 60$ price tag.

Engines don't natively run better on any single platform, unless coded to used specific software features of said platform.  Its also in how they code it, how efficiently they code it, and how clean the coding is.

Unreal Engine 3 for instance can run on pretty much any platform and can be customized for any platform.  Depending on the developer it can run exceptionally well or be total crap.  It is however meant to run natively on Windows seeing as Epic games made it for Windows originally.  Vanilla unaltered UE2/3 does run quite well at that.

i agree with you vf. MoH runs pretty much exactly like bc2. BC2 is also a much more enjoyable game IMO. i can take spending 60$ more just for a new campaign mission.  ;)

Well, i already have MoH on my IMac and i'm quite glad with it that it is in mater of fact a mac and not a Pc.

"Better not be at all than not be noble" - Lord Alfred Tennyson
https://www.facebook.com/SWBFGamers
https://twitter.com/swbfuniverse

Quote from: Darth_Verik. on July 17, 2010, 01:16:01 AM
Well, i already have MoH on my IMac and i'm quite glad with it that it is in mater of fact a mac and not a Pc.

Verik this is the new medal of honor that's coming out in the fall.

And I disagree with you guys about it looking like bad company2.
I've been interested in it ever since e3, and i think it looks great.

It almost worked with crossover.  It installed and the beginning showed up, then I just get a white screen.

MoH can barely be run my macs natively. i doubt it will run on crossover   :dry:

After playing it for quite an extensive amount of time, I've found it to be very disappointing. The map design was pretty well done and the visuals are amazing, but everything else is just completely wrong.

All forms of chat don't appear to work. The controls feel very stiff and inaccurate when shooting, and all of the weapon and player values are just WRONG. Weapons don't feel right, players have too much health, and the lack of a consistent framerate really distract the experience. This is a huge letdown after playing Bad Company 2. I really don't know what happened here.

Not to mention there's quite a number of small mishaps that really build up to make the game even more annoying. Don't you hate it when you can't pause when you're dead? Why is the mouse sensitivity resetting every single time I play? Why is the server browser glitchy and flickers? Why is it that the game crashes without any error messages? Why is it that you can't see who killed you and who you've killed? Why the serious lack of variety of weapons?Just things like that really set the line between a beta and a game that had little effort put into it.

If there's one thing I do know, it's that the closed beta stage is definitely not going to be the same stage when the final release comes. I sure hope not.
/end rant

#TYBG

Quote from: The Super Swede on July 17, 2010, 06:07:47 AM
Verik this is the new medal of honor that's coming out in the fall.

And I disagree with you guys about it looking like bad company2.
I've been interested in it ever since e3, and i think it looks great.
Am i lucky i know some porters :P

"Better not be at all than not be noble" - Lord Alfred Tennyson
https://www.facebook.com/SWBFGamers
https://twitter.com/swbfuniverse

Quote from: Darth_Verik. on July 18, 2010, 07:10:29 AM
Am i lucky i know some porters :P

What? How do you know the people involved in porting if you even weren't aware of the game?

To be honest, do you even bother to check half the stuff you post?

#TYBG

Quote from: ag on July 17, 2010, 04:30:17 PM
After playing it for quite an extensive amount of time, I've found it to be very disappointing. The map design was pretty well done and the visuals are amazing, but everything else is just completely wrong.

All forms of chat don't appear to work. The controls feel very stiff and inaccurate when shooting, and all of the weapon and player values are just WRONG. Weapons don't feel right, players have too much health, and the lack of a consistent framerate really distract the experience. This is a huge letdown after playing Bad Company 2. I really don't know what happened here.

Not to mention there's quite a number of small mishaps that really build up to make the game even more annoying. Don't you hate it when you can't pause when you're dead? Why is the mouse sensitivity resetting every single time I play? Why is the server browser glitchy and flickers? Why is it that the game crashes without any error messages? Why is it that you can't see who killed you and who you've killed? Why the serious lack of variety of weapons?Just things like that really set the line between a beta and a game that had little effort put into it.

If there's one thing I do know, it's that the closed beta stage is definitely not going to be the same stage when the final release comes. I sure hope not.
/end rant

With all due respect, this is what I've been telling most people complaining: it's a beta.
I'm sure that dice is messing around with the network settings like bungie did at the end of the reach beta.
Things are being tested to see what works, etc.
Betas make games better, and some certain games, *cough*, could have really used a beta.