My space map idea ( please read! )

Started by Kit Fisto, August 23, 2012, 08:45:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
ok well I was under the impression that all that I had said was possible in SWBF1, through hint nodes and what not. But, I guess not.

Well, to start, Search up Gogo12's Naboo Invasion and Space Peragus for example. Download and play them. Space maps are totally doable, but You wil just have that one challenge of setting up things so fighters don't go crashing into the side of ships and that ai don't act too stupidly
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

Remember that AI pathing is very limited in that it's only 2D, zeroeditor does not support height variables for pathing planning or boundaries.

Alright, I have a new take on this. I just played stock bespin platforms and fought in the sky the whole time with everything stock and as always it was super intense. So now I think, space maps or airborne battles just need to take place in a small area! The boundaries are so small on that map that the AI are forced to stay in a small area and fight!! Plus the turrents shoot down the ships all the time to keep the new ships spawning. I think we can do a vey good space map using Bespin: Platforms as a model, ( it was after all made by proffesions and has the most intense "space" combat ) and the various modders to help come up with it!!
:cheers:

August 24, 2012, 10:54:46 PM #19 Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 11:00:47 PM by Phobos
nino and i have been discussing a space map idea but its different than this

at some point id like to combine all the publicly released vehicle assets we have into an assets pack. this includes updates various modders have made to psych0freds beta vehicles and also custom vehicles made by other modders. the vehicle ODFs can be quite challenging to stabilize at times however and sometimes the MSH is just not usable in bf1 for some obscure reason or another so maybe there would be an assets pack of "stable vehicles" and then another for "buggy/unfixed vehicles".