AI problems

Started by jdee-barc, August 19, 2012, 09:15:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I bet you guys have all noticed this, but the AI don't seem to use their recon droids. Ever. In BF2 they use them all the time, but not in BF1. In BF1 I've seen the ai using standalone orbital strikes sometimes in mods, but I have never seen a recon droid launched by a non-human player. Is there anyway around this (if there isn't I'm thinking of removing them from my mod), or was the recon droid mainly meant to be used by the player him/herself?
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

I think the Recon droids' ODF lacks the "target..." line (for instance targetperson = 1"), hence bots never use it as a weapon. I could be wrong though I didn't exactly look very thoroughly..

In the odf guide, "targetperson" or any other kind of target thing isn't listed as a property for the odf type "remote". Would adding it even though its not "supported" by that odf type do anythng?
Current Projects:

Quote from: jdee-barc on August 19, 2012, 03:12:22 PM
In the odf guide, "targetperson" or any other kind of target thing isn't listed as a property for the odf type "remote". Would adding it even though its not "supported" by that odf type do anythng?
Flyersection isn't supported by odf type "soldier" either but it works (for adding a 5th weapon) so I'm thinking in some instances certain codes that don't normally work for their respective classlabels may function (partially).

Quote from: Phobos on August 19, 2012, 03:21:20 PM
Flyersection isn't supported by odf type "soldier" either but it works (for adding a 5th weapon) so I'm thinking in some instances certain codes that don't normally work for their respective classlabels may function (partially).
No, it doesn't. The 5th weapon uses WEAPONSECTION. Anyway I'll shed a little light here AI are programed to only use primary weapons with the exception of, throwing grenades, giving health to players, repairing a vehicle  and placing mines at hint nodes.

Quote from: SleepKiller on August 19, 2012, 03:54:46 PM
No, it doesn't. The 5th weapon uses WEAPONSECTION. Anyway I'll shed a little light here AI are programed to only use primary weapons with the exception of, throwing grenades, giving health to players, repairing a vehicle  and placing mines at hint nodes.
Oh weaponsection not flyersection my mistake.

So is WEAPONSECTION supported by classlabel SOLDIER by default?

Quote from: SleepKiller on August 19, 2012, 03:54:46 PM

Is this programming of the ai hardcoded or is there a script for that?
Current Projects:

Quote from: Phobos on August 19, 2012, 03:57:28 PM
Oh weaponsection not flyersection my mistake.

So is WEAPONSECTION supported by classlabel SOLDIER by default?
Apparently it is, although it isn't listed as being supported in the documentation. But fred did say he just made a list of all the .odfs that came with the modtools. So presumable their are many more commands that we don't know about. I know treader I think that is how it is spelt. Is a legitimate class label.

I opened up the exe in a hexeditor to search and I found, among what seems to be all the class labels (SoundAmbienceStatic, Hover, etc) "treaded". Not sure if this is what you're looking for?

Also, are odf's and properties hardcoded?
Current Projects:

Quote from: jdee-barc on August 19, 2012, 04:45:21 PM
I opened up the exe in a hexeditor to search and I found, among what seems to be all the class labels (SoundAmbienceStatic, Hover, etc) "treaded". Not sure if this is what you're looking for?

Also, are odf's and properties hardcoded?
Well in SWBFII no LUA script contains any thing to do with ODF information. So yes I would say they are.