Online Compatible All.lvl skin idea

Started by Kit Fisto, August 16, 2012, 04:16:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
August 16, 2012, 04:16:55 PM Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 12:51:10 PM by kitfisto15678
So lets face it, there are not that many good all.lvl skin mods out there and the ones that are out there aren't very good. ( excluding rebel scum mod )
So I had an idea for an ultimate rebel skin mod which would be unlike anything else! Here is my idea:

OC rebel skin idea

URBAN
Soldier: Tantive IV style
Vanguard: SWBF2 style
Pilot: Stock
Sniper: SWBF2 style engineer
Wookiee: Bothan SWBF2 style

DESERT
Soldier: stock
Vanguard: SWBF2 style
Pilot: stock
Sniper: SWBF2 style engineer
Wookiee: Bothan SWBF2 style

SNOW
All characters: stock

JUNGLE
All characters: stock

Outdated see here for the setup of the characters: http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=5094.msg48862;topicseen#new

So what do you think? Comments? Questions? Banning my ip because it's so bad?  :P
Does anyone think this would be a good idea and want to team up to make it? School starts next week for me along with other things, so sooner rather than later!  ;)

Ok if I'm going to do this alone then I'll need some assets so that all someone has to do is munge. ( I've decided to cut the first person view changes ) All I need are the .tga's for these so if someone could post a picture or attachment then that would be great! Here are the ones I need:

1. Tantive IV style trooper from SWBF2
2. Rebel Vanguard from SWBF2
3. Rebel Engineer from SWBF2
4. Bothan Spy from SWBF2

That's it! I hope these are out there! Just wondering, Can I just give the .tga's for munging for these skins without having any issues? Or does something else have to be changed?

That all depends on whether or not the skin uses a new model (MSH) or not.

I have found a ton of assets on GT, in case you want to look for these yourself.

The reason I posted here is because all I think I need are the .tga's and those are all stock SWBF2 assets and I don't think my computer can handle a big download of the SWBF2 mod tools...
Maybe attatch the .tga's? :shrug:

Thanks for the info sha zam. Does anyone know if those 4 need new msh's or not?

Safest just to attach both. I think they all have different MSH's. I am sure someone could attach them, it wouldn't be a very big download, either. I would do it if I was at my PC.

Ok well then that makes this a lot more complicated.  :'(
How hard is it to make a new MSH? Can a mac do it?

Umm, can you model or hexedit? I'm not too experienced with MSHs myself, but if you are just using the MSHs you will be fine. (just don't rename the TGAs ;) )

*Sigh
I was trying to do this with minimal effort from a PC user, all they would have to do would munge.
I don't really know what you mean by
Quote from: ✫Şђã·Żäм✫ on August 16, 2012, 08:03:04 PM
but if you are just using the MSHs you will be fine. (just don't rename the TGAs ;) )
Sorry noob modder here. :confused:

August 16, 2012, 08:18:19 PM #9 Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 08:20:37 PM by kitfisto15678
Hey SleepKiller!!!!!
Does this model need a new MSH? The picture in the comment is the one I'm talking about... http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=685

EDIT: oops I double posted. Sorry :slap:

Quote from: kitfisto15678 on August 16, 2012, 08:18:19 PM
Hey SleepKiller!!!!!
Does this model need a new MSH? The picture in the comment is the one I'm talking about... http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=685

EDIT: oops I double posted. Sorry :slap:
Yes they both are new models not skins.

August 16, 2012, 08:23:59 PM #11 Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 10:01:04 PM by kitfisto15678
EDIT: changed the layout of some of the characters to help make it easier. Now all I need are the new msh files and .tga's for the 4 characters I stated above. Does anyone have them? Could any of you possibly upload them?

QUESTION: does the sniper have a jungle/forest variation for a skin? Like how she gets snow clothes on hoth…

August 17, 2012, 04:30:41 AM #12 Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 04:35:44 AM by ✫Şђã·Żäм✫
In the ODFs, the all_inf_marksman_snow (I think it's called that, could be something similar) calls for the MSH that is different then the "normal" one. I think the snow marksman's MSH is the same name as its ODF (all_inf_marksman_snow), but I'm not sure. Easiest way to check is viewing the MSHs in the MSH Veiwer.

The normal marksman's ODF calls for the normal skins. (all_inf_marksman)

Also, in mission.lvl, in the map LUAs, certain maps call for different skins. IE: On Kashyyyk, the LUA calls for the jungle skins.

I would show you the lines in them that calls for certain things, but Im not at my PC and telling you this from memory...

Quote from: ✫Şђã·Żäм✫ on August 17, 2012, 04:30:41 AM
In the ODFs, the all_inf_marksman_snow (I think it's called that, could be something similar) calls for the MSH that is different then the "normal" one. I think the snow marksman's MSH is the same name as its ODF (all_inf_marksman_snow), but I'm not sure. Easiest way to check is viewing the MSHs in the MSH Veiwer.

The normal marksman's ODF calls for the normal skins. (all_inf_marksman)

Also, in mission.lvl, in the map LUAs, certain maps call for different skins. IE: On Kashyyyk, the LUA calls for the jungle skins.

I would show you the lines in them that calls for certain things, but Im not at my PC and telling you this from memory...
Yes I know that certain maps call for different skins, that's where I got my idea to put the bothan in on some maps and a Wookiee in others. And I found out that if I changed the sniper for one map, it would be changed for all ( except snow  I think ) So is my layout on my first post possible to do as an OC skin with new MSH's?
Oh and is there a MSH viewer for the Mac?

August 17, 2012, 08:56:05 AM #14 Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 09:01:05 AM by Regent
Once I quit being addicted to TF2 I plan to make a couple of All skins, but since I am quite shamelessly addicted I'll just throw these ideas out there:

.Bespin Guard [Done]
.All of the Tantive Variants
.Rebel Engineers (There are a surprising amounts of variation in these)
.Rebel Aliens... In which Alien assets are used, but are edited into Alliance uniforms... (I have done this with the Aqualash)
.Rebels Guerrillas... Styled after Guerillas from Military past... Viet-Cong etc.
.Armoured Rebels
.Gentlemen (Fancy dress uniforms... Probably styled after the Napoleonic era)

The main snag with Alliance OC mods is: "What to do with the Wookie"? It's skin and model are rubbish!