[WIP] Bespin: Cloud City

Started by Unit 33, July 27, 2012, 08:07:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
July 30, 2012, 08:34:15 AM #15 Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 08:39:54 AM by ✫Şђã·Żäм✫
I guess I will just work on everything except the locals, for now.

Do you mind if I tinker with the unit speeds? I won't put them too high, so they don't 'hover'. I just want the rebs to be a little faster than the emps, and the emps to have more powerful weapons.

I think it would seem more realistic if the empire had stronger weapons, since they did in Star Wars. To balance it out, I think making the rebs faster would be a good counter.

What do you think?

If we do change them, Ill make sure the sides are balanced.
--
EDIT:
Maybe if the rebels were made faster and more accurate, and the Empire was made slower with more health and stronger weapons?

Quote from: ✫Şђã·Żäм✫ on July 30, 2012, 08:34:15 AM
I guess I will just work on everything except the locals, for now.

Do you mind if I tinker with the unit speeds? I won't put them too high, so they don't 'hover'. I just want the rebs to be a little faster than the emps, and the emps to have more powerful weapons.

I think it would seem more realistic if the empire had stronger weapons, since they did in Star Wars. To balance it out, I think making the rebs faster would be a good counter.

What do you think?

If we do change them, Ill make sure the sides are balanced.
--
EDIT:
Maybe if the rebels were made faster and more accurate, and the Empire was made slower with more health and stronger weapons?
Test and see what happens.

July 30, 2012, 11:14:20 AM #17 Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 06:08:57 PM by ✫Şђã·Żäм✫
Quote from: Regent on July 30, 2012, 08:49:11 AM
Test and see what happens.

Ok, so I just tested the ideas:
-I gave the Rebels more accurate weapons
-I made Rebels faster, but not to the point of 'hovering'
-I gave Empire stronger weapons
-I made Empire a tad slower
-I gave Empire more health

Honestly, I didn't like it. I don't think they should be changed. I think if unit speed, health, reload, weapon damage, or anything to that nature is changed; both sides should be made the same. I have a feeling this map is going to be used by many people, and it would probably be more likable if those sort of things stayed the same. :)
--
EDIT: Well, I have the assets now. (Thank you, SK) Unfortuanally, it is too late for me to work on that for today. I am super busy tomorrow, but I will try to do it then. If not, then it will get done Wednesday for sure.

This map's looking good! It definitely reminds me of the Elite Squadron version of Bespin, but in a good way. I have no doubt this will be a great map.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

July 31, 2012, 11:07:18 AM #19 Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 11:13:00 AM by Regent
Quote from: ggctuk2005 on July 31, 2012, 11:01:45 AM
This map's looking good! It definitely reminds me of the Elite Squadron version of Bespin, but in a good way. I have no doubt this will be a great map.
Wonderful, that's the exact reason and inspiration for why I wanted to make it!

New image:

Will there be air vehicles in this map?

Quote from: {TcF}Dr.Penguin on July 31, 2012, 12:36:28 PM
Will there be air vehicles in this map?
There are several air vehicles in higher areas, making them difficult to get to... so they are rewards if you can get to them.
In addition there is an Imperial Troop Transport in the lower levels and an ATST (which has a limited range of areas it can access, thus preventing vehicle spam).

Cool! Regent you are very good at recreating movie accurate sides, skins and maps!!

When you release it could give the rebels urban uniform to make it... AWESOME!!!!

I dont think I can do the map for you Regent. I'm gona try to finish Utapau then I think I shall retire..
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: Snake on August 13, 2012, 09:59:02 PM
I dont think I can do the map for you Regent. I'm gona try to finish Utapau then I think I shall retire..
Okay doke.

Unfortunately despite Phobos' extremely helpful work into this, my own mod tools are somehow unable to register LUA changes. I shall either pass on the project onto someone else, or just release the whole data mod folder.

Quote from: Regent on August 14, 2012, 01:03:22 AM
Okay doke.

Unfortunately despite Phobos' extremely helpful work into this, my own mod tools are somehow unable to register LUA changes. I shall either pass on the project onto someone else, or just release the whole data mod folder.
Give it here I'll straighten that project out. Hopefully.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/38022982/Skins/Databes3.zip

158.6 MB

That is the folder without Phobos' LUA changes.... his LUA and sky file that he also changed can be found here...

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/38022982/Skins/bes3.7z

If it's too much for you, don't worry and if you do decide that the task is reasonable take as much time as you like.

If anyone else wants a go at it.. well the more the merrier!

Gah, stupid X-Axis. The way I see to fix the problem would be to go through the world file and invert all the objects x-axis positioning. Don't ask me which of the three values means which I haven't studied it enough. I may get to it, but I am busy with other stuff.

It's okay if I try to finish the map for my mod as well (I'm gonna add some things), right?
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

Quote from: jdee-barc on August 21, 2012, 02:37:10 PM
It's okay if I try to finish the map for my mod as well (I'm gonna add some things), right?
Jdee you do know this maps object positioning is epically screwed up right? It for all intents  and purposes the layout was done.