Hero Conquest Map?

Started by Michaeluj, July 31, 2018, 07:20:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm trying to see if I can cobble together a sort of BF2-to-BF1 conversion pack, essentially recreating Battlefront 2 in the Battlefront 1 engine. I know that modes like CTF are impossible, which is fine (I don't want to reproduce the game mode perfectly). I just want a way to cleanly install some sort of variant of Hero Assault on a map or two with minimal interference with other mods.

I know that there is a sort of Hero Assault component in the Main Play Mod, which is great but undesirably comes bundled with faction changes that impact the rest of the game. I'm seeking a version that doesn't rely on modifying the classes across all of the base maps or interfere with other mods that do just that (ie the SWBF2 Sides Mod). Essentially, I guess I'm looking for something like Serejas' maps, which each have their own unique units bundled within the map folder.

I think the best would be a map of Mos Eisley which has heroes and villains on opposing sides instead of the typical factions. Does such a mod exist?

Thank you!

Although that map does have, weirdly enough, a Rebel Commando on the Light side. Weird, but not a deal breaker.

Have fun.   

It should also be not too difficult to create a map like this--you mainly just need the models you would like to use, plus some ODF edits.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

That may be the case, but I have too many projects to finish before I can even consider modding. One of them is a retrospective of the entire Battlefront franchise. I figured that I would dedicate some of it to the mods, maybe going over the top 100 (rapid-fire overview, of course) and explaining how to recreate Battlefront 2 within the first game.

No worries.   Anything by Sereja would be tops on my list.
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;cat=25

Here is another list that has not been updated in a while.
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=310.0

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet