Swbf2 keeps crashing.

Started by DarthNILIUS0517, August 16, 2013, 06:45:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
August 16, 2013, 06:45:33 PM Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 08:51:59 AM by Anyder Motionless
fixed* sorry for posting this guys I didn't know how to get it to work , low and behold all I had to do was disable the sound and some other fiddling of options.
@Goldman , yea that was the problem after all , thanks for giving me an idea of how to fix it I appreciate it

Edit by Anyder:
Solutions to this issue:

Quote from: {Alpha}Cmd.Dan
I can help, here; Hey I had the same problems on swbf 2 as you do. What u need to do is go; Control Panel then Sound then go into the Recording tab, right click in the main area and select Show Hidden Items (or something like that) and then select/enable stereo recording. Hope this helps, Dan.

Also, sometimes u need to set "standard settings" so that some maps work. I remember having an issue with mos eisley which i fixed by changing the visual settings (apparently it didnt work with best graphics settings)
Sometimes one must endure the darkness to see the brightest of lights. - anonymous

August 16, 2013, 06:53:43 PM #1 Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 07:01:10 PM by {Alpha}Gold Man
Quote from: DarthNILIUS0517 on August 16, 2013, 06:45:33 PM
So I recently bought swbf2 cause I wanted to try it out again on pc , so everything loads up properly until I want to play on a map , when I click launch it crashes  :( , I bought the game on steam and I don't know where to put the CD key , so can someone help me with this also ?
This never happened with Swbf.

Ah yes, I know a few of my Alpha members had the same situation when they bought SWBFII off Steam. I believe it had something to do with an audio issue. I'l have to look at my clan mates forum posts on the problem, and I'l edit this post if I find it.

EDIT: Here it is, as quoted by {Alpha}Cmd.Dan:

I can help, here; Hey I had the same problems on swbf 2 as you do. What u need to do is go; Control Panel then Sound then go into the Recording tab, right click in the main area and select Show Hidden Items (or something like that) and then select/enable stereo recording. Hope this helps, Dan.

Yea if you search "Battlefront 2 crash" like 30 pages with the same solution show up.  ;)