How edit an msh option correctly ?

Started by Darth_Sion, June 22, 2018, 06:20:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi all,
I use hex editor and I want to change the scale of an ODF to 0.65, I know than I have to edit the msh option but I don't know where I have to put the line.
I want to do that to the lambda shuttle of sereja , I know it's originaly a vehicle for bf1 and I work on bf2 but I only want it as an object, (and in zero editor it's appears).
-thanks for any answer.

So do you have the ODF file already?
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Yes I have downloaded evry things there :
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=9054.msg96674#msg96674

includ  odf,msh,msh option,tga (and animations files that I don't need)

I may not have been very accurate, but I only want to change the scale of the shuttle because it's way to big,
I know than I can change the scale of it with hex editor in just modify the msh option file but I don't know were I have to put a new line or change an other one,...(Or perhaps i'm wrong and that's not in the msh option,...)

I'm sorry if you don't really understood me before ,but sometimes ,french,dutch + english , it happens to me to write a sentence structure not very correct with basic vocabulary,...
anyway I hope you understand me this time.  :)

I think you want to use a text editor for ODF files and not a hex editor.  I think that you can find other files that have scale = x.x in them for examples.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

IIRC the option for scaling a mesh, within the .msh.option file, is as follows:

-scale 1.4

That's from my imp_walk_atact.msh.option file, so you will want to put in whatever value you need.

If it's a vehicle you're upscaling, then you will also need to ensure the animations are upscaled too, else the model will just bunch down.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

It's still doesn't work, I think it's a problem of compatibility between bf1 and bf2 even if the model appears,....
Not to worry it's not my principal problem for the moment , I just wanted to use it as a detail for the map,...thank you anyways.