SWBF2 Profile Trouble

Started by ~Red, August 31, 2016, 01:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi there fellow players,

I'm recently having this problem with my profile on SWBF2 PC.. I once deleted my profile (let's say Profile 1) to change name (to Profile 2), later I wanted to change it again so I deleted Profile 2 to create a Profile 3. Since that, I can't use Profile 3. It is not there.. Profile 2 is still there, and when I start the game itself, it says "Load Failed". Also, when I want to make any changes to anything, it says "Save Failed". It makes me think like something is corrupted with Profile 2, that somehow makes any changes to or about it fail.

I went to the GameData folders and found one folder called SaveGames, in which only one .PROFILE file was found, which was Profile 3. So it is there, but not in the game somehow. Also, Profile 2 was missing in the folder, eventhough it's stuck in the game. Uninstalling (with deleting all savefiles/profiles) didn't help, even with IOBit Uninstaller's powerfull scan, which also shreds leftovers found in registry.

Running it in Administrator Mode does seem to work, but since I often play with GameRanger, it skips the question to open it with Admin-Mode.. leaving it with "Load Failed" every time.. I haven't found a solution for this, not on internet nor by myself. Is there anyone who knows this problem, and perhaps has a solution for this?

Thanks in advance.

~ Red

August 31, 2016, 02:16:02 PM #1 Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 02:39:30 PM by Ltin

Quote from: ~Red on August 31, 2016, 01:52:50 PM
Hi there fellow players,

I'm recently having this problem with my profile on SWBF2 PC.. I once deleted my profile (let's say Profile 1) to change name (to Profile 2), later I wanted to change it again so I deleted Profile 2 to create a Profile 3. Since that, I can't use Profile 3. It is not there.. Profile 2 is still there, and when I start the game itself, it says "Load Failed". Also, when I want to make any changes to anything, it says "Save Failed". It makes me think like something is corrupted with Profile 2, that somehow makes any changes to or about it fail.

I went to the GameData folders and found one folder called SaveGames, in which only one .PROFILE file was found, which was Profile 3. So it is there, but not in the game somehow. Also, Profile 2 was missing in the folder, eventhough it's stuck in the game. Uninstalling (with deleting all savefiles/profiles) didn't help, even with IOBit Uninstaller's powerfull scan, which also shreds leftovers found in registry.

Running it in Administrator Mode does seem to work, but since I often play with GameRanger, it skips the question to open it with Admin-Mode.. leaving it with "Load Failed" every time.. I haven't found a solution for this, not on internet nor by myself. Is there anyone who knows this problem, and perhaps has a solution for this?

Thanks in advance.

~ Red

Have you tried uninstalling THEN deleting your GameData folder? Sometimes it doesn't uninstall everything

Sometimes files get added/loaded from here:
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData
If you have this directoy, delete it completely starting with LucasArts.
Never let a person named AnthonyBF2 touch your BF2.

September 01, 2016, 08:16:02 AM #4 Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 03:46:54 PM by Anyder
Quote from: Anthony_b on August 31, 2016, 07:54:23 PM
Sometimes files get added/loaded from here:
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData
If you have this directoy, delete it completely starting with LucasArts.

I checked it out, there was indeed a GameData folder in that directory, with also a SaveGames folder. It did contain Profile 3, so I deleted the entire directory of LucasArts. Now it works like it should be, thank you very much!

Quote from: Ltin on August 31, 2016, 02:16:02 PM
Have you tried running gameranger in administrator mode?

I tried it, but it didn't work... Thanks for the help anyway!

Quote from: Jean on August 31, 2016, 05:04:42 PM

Have you tried uninstalling THEN deleting your GameData folder? Sometimes it doesn't uninstall everything

I did that several times before, but it didn't help a bit.. Thanks for the reply anyway!

Edit by Anyder: Do not post x3 times just to reply all the previous posts. Use the edit button instead.

Try clearing the "virtual store".   If you google that term there will be directions.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet