What would you like to see in EA's new Battlefront?

Started by Roxas, June 13, 2013, 08:42:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I guess I also forgot that such a thing could be used wrongly..
I could see lots of trolls and perverts using it for all kinds of crap..
Yes, I take that back :P But still, maybe some sort of custom thing, like the Ingame Legion changer, that was just brill.

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on August 30, 2013, 06:55:07 PM
Some thing like SWRC customize option for multiplayer?

Nope.

Like being in the middle of a match and going up to an armory/gear locker sort of thing and picking your gear.
(With base class usability and weight taken into consideration, of course.)
Then continuing in the same match/map/game/whatever.

This would allow for individuals to change their role in the middle of a game to suit the situation (or to force one.)
The down side is if you get caught by the enemy while you are changing your loadout.. bad luck for sitting ducks.

It was happening in games back in the 90's, so the overhead for the game should be minimal at best.
I've seen footage of some newer games that have something like it, but they all require a respawn or have pre-defined loadouts.  Lame imo.  If a person wants to turtle around a map in heavy armor with nothing but a sniper rifle and a can opener, why not?

It would also give a practical reason for having hi res weapon models. So you have to actually look at your target to determine how to approach them, instead of a quick glance at their silhouette.

Screaming.
I'd like EASWBF to have lots of battle cries. (and a volume control, just for them.)

Quote from: tirpider on August 30, 2013, 07:51:17 PM
Screaming.
I'd like EASWBF to have lots of battle cries. (and a volume control, just for them.)

No game should go without at least 1 Wilhelm scream!  :D

More hero's, like IG-88 Dengar 4-LOM Bossk Zuckuss. Go aboard ships (Slave 1, Milleneum Falcon) 

August 31, 2013, 08:17:18 PM #184 Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 08:19:56 PM by [FC]Kishan
I really like black ops 2 customizable classes along with 5 set classes to start out with. so you can start out with decent classes but as you gain skill and playfor a while build the bbest classes to suit your play style

I haven't read this whole thread btw so idk if anyone's mentioned these but-
rebels should bleed
maybe a melee
a rolling option
shooting while jumping
some maps with low gravity
a set xhair for each weapon like most new games just have a plus sign that grows or shrinks depending on that weapons accuracy but I'd rather have a different xhair for each weapon that stayed the same(I'd mod it if it's moddable)
a rocket launcher that owns like the swbf one unlike the lame realistic ones in cod that suck lol
cis should be specular

maybe something like scorestreaks to reward people for doing good like calling in airstrkes or controlling vehicles remotely stuff like that.. but a option to disable it for servers so. some. servers. could be strictly for fighting

im really against a swbf melee. i like it in every other game, but in star wars it would just be weird. unless maybe hitting with teh gun like in halo
Peace is a lie, there is only passion          -Fear leads to anger
Through passion, I gain strength              -Anger leads to hate
Through strength, I gain power                -Hate leads to suffering
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall free me

Quote from: «ΙΞ¢KØ» on September 02, 2013, 12:08:01 AM
im really against a swbf melee. i like it in every other game, but in star wars it would just be weird. unless maybe hitting with teh gun like in halo
Yea you don't really see melee in the films except when troops are hitting other troops with their guns. That looks cool sometimes.

Quote from: Kit Fisto on September 02, 2013, 10:40:02 AM
Yea you don't really see melee in the films except when troops are hitting other troops with their guns. That looks cool sometimes.

But the Lightsabre battles....
I'd say swordplay (definitely melee) plays a huge role in Star Wars.

I always thought SW had a sort of swashbuckling/gunslinger/samurai type of theme.

Quote from: tirpider on September 02, 2013, 11:45:03 AM
I always thought SW had a sort of swashbuckling/gunslinger/samurai type of theme.
Especially since Star Wars was heavily influenced by 'The Hidden Fortress' which is a Samurai swashbuckling gun toting adventure film.

Jedi with Lightsabers will most definitely be present, it's what fans just expect from a Star Wars action title.

I want to be able to jump and shoot simultaneously, is that too much to ask?

Quote from: tirpider on September 02, 2013, 11:45:03 AM
But the Lightsaber battles....

Ah yea that was implied. I meant infantry melee.

Quote from: UNIT 33 on September 02, 2013, 12:02:36 PM
Jedi with Lightsabers will most definitely be present, it's what fans just expect from a Star Wars action title.
I'll be disappointed if it doesn't have Jedi/Sith.

Quote from: UNIT 33 on September 02, 2013, 12:02:36 PM
I want to be able to jump and shoot simultaneously, is that too much to ask?
Actually yes. Jumping and shooting is exclusive to ONLY the Lego games. Sorry but if you want jumping and shooting you MUST get a Lego game. :P

I've seen 'special modifications' that will let you shoot and jump simultaneously..
And if you're really quick and nimble, you can pull it off without such dirty things.

Here's a melee Idea I thought up after watching NHL 2014's fight video.

How about, a hand to hand combat button? Say you walk up to your enemy, and you press the Y, or Triangle, or whatever, button. That button would trigger a "challenge" to your selected target. Then your enemy could press the same button, to accept it. After your enemy has accepted your challenge, you begin a close quarter, hand to hand fight. Using the control sticks, you could move, or duck. The weapons could be a pistol, hand, a body throw, and maybe knee kick. If you walked, say five feet, from your opponent, the fight would be over.

Imagine, your walking down the tight, cramped CC hallways. Guns firing, and on the front lines, people are being punched, to the left and right of you.

I can only imagine how epic it would be. You may have to have play an NHL game to get what I'm saying. But the idea in my head...             it would be so awesome for that to happen.

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

eh the whole pointof swbf is bbeing in middle of action and anyone can kill you at any time i don't like that idea it seems more like an rpgthing tto me. plus it's swbf not smack down vs raw.. by melee I meant hit with ur gun or something

Quote from: Kit Fisto on September 02, 2013, 05:36:30 PM
Actually yes. Jumping and shooting is exclusive to ONLY the Lego games. Sorry but if you want jumping and shooting you MUST get a Lego game. :P
It's featured in Jedi Knight 2.

How about... fully animated vehicle entering sequences when appropriate?

Such as when jumping onto a speeder bike, the character genuinely jumps onto said Speederbike. You know, like Grand Theft Auto.
It wouldn't work with vehicles such as AT-STs or TIE fighters...but maybe it would be nice for tanks, speeders and Star Fighters.

You can jump and shoot at same time with great timing. I've seen Nixo, Sirpimped, Majesty, Chili, Anyder do it. I can do it... just not when I'm fighting