What would you like to see in EA's new Battlefront?

Started by Roxas, June 13, 2013, 08:42:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Galactic Conquest (SWBFII style) Coop
Let me explain i want galactic conquest to be redone in the format of SWBF II but with the planetary bonuses of SBWF , but with coop , so lets say i'm playing with a friend we can then coordinate attacks from across the galaxy and be able to share income sources  much in the vein of a rts , think of the possiblities of a 2v2 galactic conquest game mode ( although i can see problems with players having to  stop playing and having to pick up later but that's what ai is for right ? ) .. also imagine having the ability to bombard a planet from orbit by say , buying a planetary laser upgrade ( which is very expensive ) and fighting on a changed map and the enemy has less unit reinforcements or something :D
That is all.
Sometimes one must endure the darkness to see the brightest of lights. - anonymous

That actually sounds interesting Nilius. I never liked the SWBFII GC since it takes so long and the AI tend to attack the same freaking planet (Naboo) over and over again. But the way you put it, I would like that.

A recent interview mentioned that the game would contain "a third-person component,”
which I think is oddly phrased. Perhaps only vehicular combat will be in 3rd person?

http://battlefront3.net/2013/07/star-wars-battlefront-well-into-development/

Quote from: UNIT 33 on July 24, 2013, 08:20:37 AM
A recent interview mentioned that the game would contain "a third-person component,"
which I think is oddly phrased. Perhaps only vehicular combat will be in 3rd person?

http://battlefront3.net/2013/07/star-wars-battlefront-well-into-development/
I hope it supports toggle between both views like swbf1.

Quote from: Phobos on July 24, 2013, 05:56:12 PM
I hope it supports toggle between both views like swbf1.
Exactly this. I don't want strictly first or third. I want both like in SWBFI and II. It makes the game more universal.

July 24, 2013, 08:01:54 PM #126 Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 08:03:32 PM by Phobos
Quote from: (212)Josh on July 24, 2013, 07:47:18 PM
I would love to see a lot new maps and diffrent classes
I agree. 17 maps in swbf1 is decent, but several maps get old fast, despite having been polished or refined. There really is only about 5 or 6 maps that most people enjoy playing online repetitively, (CC, Mos, Cit, Kamino, Jabba, there's others too, but these are the most popular).

They should have around 50 maps I think, all of the BF1 and BF2 maps improved plus more planets from other star wars games. I'd rather see 30 high-quality maps than 50 medium-quality maps. But they should aim for achieving both quality and quantity if they really want the game to feature an extensive variety of battle scenarios.

And I think they should include all the maps at initial release, instead of releasing in separate 'map packs' which players have to pay to download. I just don't like that business model approach esp. for PC games. I will buy the game if it looks good, but I don't plan on paying over and over again for 'extra features and new maps' as is commonly seen with other popular games. New additions should be free, but they probably won't be if they are looking to maximize profit.

Quote from: Phobos on July 24, 2013, 08:01:54 PM
And I think they should include all the maps at initial release, instead of releasing in separate 'map packs' which players have to pay to download. I just don't like that business model approach esp. for PC games. I will buy the game if it looks good, but I don't plan on paying over and over again for 'extra features and new maps' as is commonly seen with other popular games. New additions should be free, but they probably won't be if they are looking to maximize profit.
I couldn't agree more with that.
Does anyone else think they might release on the 10th anniversary of Battlefront and put some sort of tribute in? We can hope. :)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

No matter how many maps you add to a game, people will still be drawn to the most popular one.

In SWBF this is Cloud City.
In TF2 this is 2fort.

A quantity of maps doesn't mean you'll see them getting played. I would rather see only three high quality well designed maps rather than fifty poorly designed ones.

As for classes, I want to see them keep to Battlefield's count of four. It makes it easier for them to balance and create great gameplay when they don't have to factor in special classes of each side.

SWBFII doesn't really have one map that stands out among the others for online play...

Quote from: Kit Fisto on July 25, 2013, 07:06:28 AM
SWBFII doesn't really have one map that stands out among the others for online play...
Er... Mos Eisley: Hero Assault?

Quote from: UNIT 33 on July 25, 2013, 12:04:58 PM

From what I've heard of being in the community here and there, the popular maps are Tantive IV, Kamino, and Mos Eisley.

Personally, I have always hated Hero Assault, everyone's an OP player. :P

I actually hope they include Hero Assault again. It was a really fun mode. Yes, everybody is op compared to a standard player, but what'd be the point if they weren't a bit more powerful, and let's face it, you can't really gimp the powers of a Jedi or Sith too much.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

Quote from: UNIT 33 on July 25, 2013, 12:04:58 PM
I guess. I never play that online since Jedi are really buggy at least for me. I was talking more about conquest.  :D

July 26, 2013, 07:19:46 AM #134 Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 08:00:07 AM by UNIT 33
Quote from: Phobos on July 24, 2013, 08:01:54 PM
And I think they should include all the maps at initial release, instead of releasing in separate 'map packs' which players have to pay to download.

Yeah that would make me mad. Just looking at the reviews for the game and the sneak peeks of gameplay, it looks really promising.

Also, a good campaign would be awesome