What would you like to see in EA's new Battlefront?

Started by Roxas, June 13, 2013, 08:42:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on July 01, 2013, 08:35:27 PM
Here, here, fully agreed. I always hate Hero Assault on SWBFII, in singleplayer it's alright, but multiplayer it's a nightmare. Much like Ecko said above, it's either rape or get raped.
For some reason, the EA server (no, not the company, the SWBFII clan) for FFA|Duels was taken down.
They had a neat server mod where you can't use force powers (except for stamina, jump and combos), and it wasn't so bad.

I think the force run needs more stamina, and less speed.

Jedi are very buggy online. Whenever I earn them I seem to get bad lag, by only when I have a Jedi/Sith. Try it sometime it's kind of comical the way you click once and they swing the lightsaber 3 times!
I do far worse with a hero character online. Humans are too good!

SWBFEAR ( star wars battlefront ea reboot) should have melee, right? I want to knife some rebel scum.  :shady:

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

Quote from: Josh on July 02, 2013, 05:31:00 AM
SWBFEAR ( star wars battlefront ea reboot) should have melee, right? I want to knife some rebel scum.  :shady:

Sounds too much like SWBF FEAR. I think EASWBF is just fine. :P

i notice alot of people seem to be talking about things that make it seem more like a mod to swbf II that a new game. keep this in mind:
Quote from: psych0fredWe made each game in about a  year.
a year wasnt alot of time. many improvments could have been made. this wont be made in a years time. i can assure you of that. when looking for thigns you might like being in this, keep in mind that it could (and probably will) be very different from anything we're used to.

Quote from: Ltin on July 02, 2013, 08:52:41 AM
when looking for thigns you might like being in this, keep in mind that it could (and probably will) be very different from anything we're used to.

ya, i believe thats what EA said in an article posted earlier, about them taking there own spin on the game.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion          -Fear leads to anger
Through passion, I gain strength              -Anger leads to hate
Through strength, I gain power                -Hate leads to suffering
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall free me

The Battlefront games have very specific things like the more obvious things like Star Wars planets, characters and vehicles to the less obvious like Command Posts and a well balanced class based shooter. I don't like the create your own class.

Quote from: Kit Fisto on July 02, 2013, 11:32:01 AM
The Battlefront games have very specific things like the more obvious things like Star Wars planets, characters and vehicles to the less obvious like Command Posts and a well balanced class based shooter. I don't like the create your own class.

I dunno, I think a mix of pre-set classes with your custom loadout option would be pretty cool. You would have the choice to use the classes, and even mix weapons up to have your own loadout. Perhaps though if they're going to implement all 4 factions, they should make it so you can create 4 different loadouts at least.

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on July 02, 2013, 12:00:29 PM
I dunno, I think a mix of pre-set classes with your custom loadout option would be pretty cool. You would have the choice to use the classes, and even mix weapons up to have your own loadout. Perhaps though if they're going to implement all 4 factions, they should make it so you can create 4 different loadouts at least.

You mean sort of like what Elite Squadron did with its classes? Given that appearance is generally attached to class in the previous games (Squadron games not included) I wonder how this one would work. I personally don't want to see character customization if they get lazy about it like Rebellion did with the Squadron games.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

I think it would be awesome to be able to buy weapons, and even build your own (kinda like building your own lightsaber).

Such thing would only make sense in Rebellion or Bounty hunter classes/eras though, because Trooper normally go under strict fundamentals in their armies.

Gracious me, I know J. J. Abrams is doing the next film, but please no.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on July 02, 2013, 12:29:15 PM
because Trooper normally go under strict fundamentals in their armies.
This is why I think it would be dumb. Besides it would ruin the fairness of online play because people can make their own loadouts. And if that's in the game you know there will be ads all the time to "buy this guy" etc. And only the rich kids will buy all that stuff and there ya go. Online play ruined because they had custom classes. Singleplayer custom classes? Sure! That would be fun but keep it to singleplayer because the bots have no feelings toward not even getting a shot off. :P

Quote from: ggctuk2005 on July 02, 2013, 01:04:13 PM
Gracious me, I know J. J. Abrams is doing the next film, but please no.

Lens flare chaos.
I think it will be unavoidable. He can't work with out them.

Quote from: tirpider on July 02, 2013, 01:44:58 PM
Lens flare chaos.
I think it will be unavoidable. He can't work with out them.

Just like Spielberg and his backlights.  :blink:
In Progress:

On Hold: