What would you like to see in EA's new Battlefront?

Started by Roxas, June 13, 2013, 08:42:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I think it should have an easy setup for new master servers.
And a really nice DC.

Quote from: Kit Fisto on June 28, 2013, 10:01:39 PM
If it has singleplayer instant action I will buy it. Then we will know it is a battlefront game.

Ditto on this. Single Player Instant Action is a must for any SWBF game.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

True!If there is not 3rd person and most important-AI bots then we are doom :D

I want so see a varient of call of dutys gun game/18 guns where you play as a clone trooper in training and every time you get a kill you advance up from the powerful weapons to the pistol.

Quote from: Ginev on July 01, 2013, 08:16:25 AM
True!If there is not 3rd person and most important-AI bots then we are doom :D

Oh god.
Do they actually make games without AI?
How very backwards.
Even toy sandbox games like Minecraft have AI.
Even Pitfall had those alligators and scorpions.
Surely DICE knows how to make an AI.

Quote from: tirpider on July 01, 2013, 12:32:22 PM
Oh god.
Do they actually make games without AI?
How very backwards.
Even toy sandbox games like Minecraft have AI.
Even Pitfall had those alligators and scorpions.
Surely DICE knows how to make an AI.

You mean the Battlefield 3 kind, which run directly into your line of fire? :D

Nah, that was one of the things that sets SWBF apart from Battlefield. I hope they learned that.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

If they included some sort of scripting for AI, it would give us a new modding metagame.
Everyone could program their own bots... Bot Wars!
ID managed to do it 100 years ago in Quake, so since Frostbite is so super duper it should be no problem.

so when they show the new trailer for the Battlefront they have already started the production of the game or they start it now?

If you mean the one you saw at e3 it was probably already in concepting stage. It maight be in development now though

Quote from: Ltin on July 01, 2013, 01:59:52 PM
Titanfall might not have ai
They've already confirmed "grunt" AI for the game. (It's using Source... And that engine has some seriously advanced AI in it, they would be insane not to take advantage of it.) It is actually a really good design choice on there part because they said it gave the new players something to kill and earn points off with out having to kill the pro level 99s running about.

ya the ai can give the game a more relaxed feel when thats what you feel like, not like cod mp which is either rape or get raped basically
Peace is a lie, there is only passion          -Fear leads to anger
Through passion, I gain strength              -Anger leads to hate
Through strength, I gain power                -Hate leads to suffering
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall free me

Quote from: «ΙΞ¢KØ» on July 01, 2013, 07:03:23 PM
ya the ai can give the game a more relaxed feel when thats what you feel like, not like cod mp which is either rape or get raped basically
thats pretty much any modern shooter, cod, bf, etc. in that aspect id say thats what going to happen with this. look at something star wars, movie tv show, whatever, all it takes is one blaster shot to knock someone down. it would be nice if it didnt happen, but its not likely

Quote from: «ΙΞ¢KØ» on July 01, 2013, 07:03:23 PM
Sounds exactly like Hero Assault for BF2.

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on July 01, 2013, 08:02:54 PM
Sounds exactly like Hero Assault for BF2.

Here, here, fully agreed. I always hate Hero Assault on SWBFII, in singleplayer it's alright, but multiplayer it's a nightmare. Much like Ecko said above, it's either rape or get raped.