What would you like to see in EA's new Battlefront?

Started by Roxas, June 13, 2013, 08:42:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: CommanderAwesome on March 11, 2014, 08:10:07 PM
Well, i'm an optimist.  :P But keep in in mind that most modern hard drives are much bigger.  ;)

Indeed, but in the same we're still likely going to be limited. It's just how things roll. I'll bet as time progresses we'll get our custom options in the form of purchased DLC packages.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Quote from: Whisper in the Wind on March 11, 2014, 10:07:25 PM
Indeed, but in the same we're still likely going to be limited. It's just how things roll. I'll bet as time progresses we'll get our custom options in the form of purchased DLC packages.
Well, I was watching some of the leaked gameplay videos of Free Radical's Battlefront 3 (which would have been for the previous console generation) and it looked like you could make your own classes. Maybe DICE's version will have something similar. Though i'd be ok with regular classes and DLC classes (if they're cheap or have a lot of other stuff with them).  And as I said earlier, that might be an idea for you guys working on the unity 3D project.

I would like to see both SWBF1 and SWBF2 maps in SWBF3, i would also like to be able to jump by hitting the space bar and roll and jet jump by hitting the space bar after you are hitting which way you want to jump, and rolling hit space before you hit the key for the direction to roll in and hit space 2 times fast to jump and jetI would love to also see some new maps and characters, and acutally be able to do a space battle against the empire and the deathstar vs the rebels, same way as if it was clones vs droid except droids would have control of the deathstar, i would also like more battles in the death stars*, and beable to fly though the deathstar, and blow up the core of the deathstar, that and i'd like to fly the trench run of the first deathstar!!, plus i'd really like to fly a b wing or a v19 turrant i think it is, also i would like to battle using the tie crawler!!! that'd be so cool!!!!, i'd like to maybe also see some new weapons, and more choices of weapons to use while still keeping the original weapons from swbf1 and swbf2.

Sorry, about the grammar mess, I had lot to type in a little amount of time, and i am not good at typing or at some puncuations

Quote from: CommanderAwesome on March 11, 2014, 06:00:29 PM
An idea I had for a campaign mission: So great, Leia was rescued, but what about all the OTHER prisoners on the Death Star?!? Did the Rebels just let them all die when it got blown up?

robot chicken
Peace is a lie, there is only passion          -Fear leads to anger
Through passion, I gain strength              -Anger leads to hate
Through strength, I gain power                -Hate leads to suffering
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall free me

March 14, 2014, 10:43:31 AM #244 Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 10:51:06 AM by CommanderAwesome
Quote from: «ΙΞ¢KØ» on March 13, 2014, 08:39:18 PM
robot chicken
...which isn't canon, and I haven't seen it anyway, so gimme a break.

Quote from: CommanderAwesome on March 11, 2014, 06:00:29 PM
An idea I had for a campaign mission: So great, Leia was rescued, but what about all the OTHER prisoners on the Death Star?!? Did the Rebels just let them all die when it got blown up? What if they didn't? Basically, you'd command a team of infiltrators and board the Death Star in the heat of battle, fight your way to the cell block to rescue the prisoners and race against time to escape! I think that would be EPIC.
There was the campaign mission in SWBF2 concerning the failed Death Star prison break...

But what about the innumerable contractors and civilians that must have been on the Death Star at the time?

Quote from: Unit 33 on March 16, 2014, 10:46:46 AM
There was the campaign mission in SWBF2 concerning the failed Death Star prison break...

But what about the innumerable contractors and civilians that must have been on the Death Star at the time?
I'm pretty sure that took place before the Battle of Yavin, during which this would take place.

And yeah, there were TONS of prisoners on the Death Star, what about them?

To fix their laggy servers so online multiplayer is playable
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

Quote from: CommanderAwesome on March 14, 2014, 10:43:31 AM
...which isn't canon, and I haven't seen it anyway, so gimme a break.

lol, i know i was just joking, i wasn't being serious.

but here for your viewing pleasure

[spoiler] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhMvGgZvtPE&list=PL58728BA8E622EBE4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhMvGgZvtPE&list=PL58728BA8E622EBE4 [/spoiler]
Peace is a lie, there is only passion          -Fear leads to anger
Through passion, I gain strength              -Anger leads to hate
Through strength, I gain power                -Hate leads to suffering
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall free me

I'm seeing a worrying trend of games that are multiplayer more and more shafting the single player. One key example is Titanfall which as I understand it doesn't have single player at all. I want this game to be both single and multiplayer. I don't care if Multiplayer has some extra things: more units on the map, access to certain modes like CTF, but I reiterate that some form of Instant Action must be included. If not that, then a Galactic Conquest mode that allows single players to play against the computer.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

Bring back split-screen.

What ever happened to playing against people in the same room?
You know, real people. You see them all the time in that outside place.

March 25, 2014, 03:46:19 PM #252 Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 11:30:55 AM by CommanderAwesome
Quote from: ggctuk2005 on March 25, 2014, 02:19:57 PM
I'm seeing a worrying trend of games that are multiplayer more and more shafting the single player. One key example is Titanfall which as I understand it doesn't have single player at all. I want this game to be both single and multiplayer. I don't care if Multiplayer has some extra things: more units on the map, access to certain modes like CTF, but I reiterate that some form of Instant Action must be included. If not that, then a Galactic Conquest mode that allows single players to play against the computer.
Quote from: Unit 33 on March 25, 2014, 03:18:16 PM
Bring back split-screen.

What ever happened to playing against people in the same room?
You know, real people. You see them all the time in that outside place.
Lol. So true!

EDIT
Some new ideas:

Injuries: Basically, have a "Low Health" animation that slows the unit down and decreases their accuracy.

Bonus Ships: Another addition to GC, add ships with special abilities to your fleets. (Like the Eclipse SSD, Malevolence, etc.)

Blockades: for GC, Self explanatory.

Bring back planetary bonuses and superweapons from SWBF1.

Real weather effects.

Destroying capital ship Hardpoints will have lasting effects on the battle.

Quote from: CommanderAwesome on March 25, 2014, 03:46:19 PM
Injuries: Basically, have a "Low Health" animation that slows the unit down and decreases their accuracy.

Real weather effects.

Destroying capital ship Hardpoints will have lasting effects on the battle.

Agreed, to all of these.

I would love for there to be weather effects, it just add to the realism in the map. Especially Hoth. Could you imagine trying to snipe the enemy in the midst of a blizzard?

A limping/injured animation and actual impediment would be pretty cool. Though it also makes it easier for the enemy to pin that you don't have much health left, and that a few shots from a blaster pistol should finish ya off.

As for destroying hardpoints, I could see that happening. It would be a pain in the butt if the enemy could always patch them up once they were destroyed. But then again, they may add that with repairable hardpoints (like SWBFII had).

I don't recall if I have posted in this thread already or not, but the main thing I am looking for (after 3rd person perspective  ;) ) is sustained replayability in multiplayer mode.

All the fancy stuff doesn't matter to me if the game play is not up to par. 
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet