General- ART Gallery

Started by RepComm, November 14, 2012, 09:21:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Unit 33 on December 30, 2013, 03:38:54 AM
I followed the tutorial I threw at you and encountered the same problem. I'm pretty sure there's something off about that.
It's meant to look like this:

If all else fails use those exact frames.

I used all those frames, the problem is I don't know what to do after I have all 5 layers with their added effects. It says to open up the animator and mix them in somehow, but unfortunately PS Touch doesn't have an animator with it's software. So I had to use a GIF maker instead, but even then it doesn't work right.

The times I wish Photoshop was $10, instead of $100.  :dry:

I was just looking at this thread the other day, actually, so glad someone's finally posted in it again! :D

Here's some freelance work I was doing for my clan. A sort of fancy wallpaper I guess you could say. :P

February 02, 2014, 01:01:29 PM #197 Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 01:05:04 PM by -RepublicCommando-
Unit that is quite impressive..

That wall paper looks very nice as well, if it was animated, it would make for a really sweet screen saver.
--
Here's some stuff I did a while back:
-- I use the Coalition font alot, as well as a custom effect I made, which I am sadly over-using lately ..
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Season Two Revolution banner
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Banner for project I wanted to do a while back (seeing if I can get it to work like I want it to in Unity without sucking up to much time)

[spoiler][/spoiler]
U3301 is the division that Revolution season 1 is centered on.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
My future website and other misc projects banner.
-- edit: Darn, can't see the transparency on this one.. That's what made it neat D:

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on February 02, 2014, 01:01:29 PM
-- edit: Darn, can't see the transparency on this one.. That's what made it neat D:
.jpegs don't support transparency.

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on February 02, 2014, 01:01:29 PM
Unit that is quite impressive..

That wall paper looks very nice as well, if it was animated, it would make for a really sweet screen saver.
--
Here's some stuff I did a while back:
-- I use the Coalition font alot, as well as a custom effect I made, which I am sadly over-using lately ..
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Season Two Revolution banner
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Banner for project I wanted to do a while back (seeing if I can get it to work like I want it to in Unity without sucking up to much time)

[spoiler][/spoiler]
U3301 is the division that Revolution season 1 is centered on.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
My future website and other misc projects banner.

Ah, you watch Revolution I take it? My parents do too, and I've watched it here and there. It's a good show, but there's just something about me and reality shows that I just can't seem to follow them constantly on. In any case, nice banners too. :D

Also, you're trying to build with Unity 3D? Cool man! I myself am learning C# in Computer Science 12. :D (I know those two may not have any similarities, but I myself have been thinking of working with either the Unreal engine, or the Unity engine.  Any thoughts as to either engine's difficulty, RC?)

That's true, .jpg doesn't do transparents. .png does though. :P

February 02, 2014, 07:26:49 PM #200 Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 09:34:33 PM by -RepublicCommando-
I realize my mistake in image formatting, a serious duh :facedesk: (btw, the :facedesk: is totally original, and also needs an emoticon to go with :P)
--
And actually GM, if you look back through a few of the earlier posts I made, "Revolution" is actually a series my friends and I are doing (haven't started filming, just setting up animation studio- and writers aren't finished with first few episodes yet) through this next summer.

I started messing with Unity only a few weeks back, and very much love it. Having a troubled experience with other engines (if you can honestly call GameMaker a 3d engine..), I decided to move to something a little further than novice, and wound up using Unity as it is VERY intuitive and straight forward (as well as completely custom).

I've messed with Unreal engine before when attempting to mod SWRC, and I must say it is nice, but not exactly for beginners. I don't think I'll ever touch that engine again, it's just too complex for my needs.

I'm no expert, but I'd definitely go with Unity if you are going to do anything with game dev at all. (it has brilliant 2d setup as well, if you are looking for that).

Unity can utilize lots of scripts, but the two I've noticed the most are C Sharp and Java Script, which are very alike in my opinion. (Unity also comes with Mono Develop, which can edit those script types)

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on February 02, 2014, 07:26:49 PM
I realize my mistake in image formatting, a serious duh :facedesk: (btw, the :facedesk: is totally original, and also needs an emoticon to go with :P)
--
And actually GM, if you look back through a few of the earlier posts I made, "Revolution" is actually a series my friends and I are doing (haven't started filming, just setting up animation studio- and writers aren't finished with first few episodes yet) though this next summer.

I started messing with Unity only a few weeks back, and very much love it. Having a troubled experience with other engines (if you can honestly call GameMaker a 3d engine..), I decided to move to something a little further than novice, and wound up using Unity as it is VERY intuitive and straight forward (as well as completely custom).

I've messed with Unreal engine before when attempting to mod SWRC, and I must say it is nice, but not exactly for beginners. I don't think I'll ever touch that engine again, it's just too complex for my needs.

I'm no expert, but I'd definitely go with Unity if you are going to do anything with game dev at all. (it has brilliant 2d setup as well, if you are looking for that).

Unity can utilize lots of scripts, but the two I've noticed the most are C Sharp and Java Script, which are very alike in my opinion. (Unity also comes with Mono Develop, which can edit those script types)

Hmm, I might give it a shot then, once I start learning C# in Computer Science that is. :P

And juuust so that this Art Gallery isn't derailed, I present a random masterpiece. I actually made it at some point last year. Just the Alpha Clan name in a fancy font and with effects added to give it a faded/worn look. :P

February 03, 2014, 08:05:29 PM #202 Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 08:45:11 PM by -RepublicCommando-
Roswell poster I made tonight.
I have a font called "Roswell," and I edited it to have all the cut outs and such. The glow was the hardest thing to do with the goofy color scheme it has.

[spoiler]Please note I did not edit the original or copy from anything
[/spoiler]

I certainly wish the episodes were still being produced.. I absolutely loved the series!

Here is the theme which I think is also epic..

edit- Added a wallpaper I made about the same thing in the attachments.

Wanna use some of these for the game?
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

February 08, 2014, 12:57:04 PM #204 Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 12:59:14 PM by 411Remnant
:D manderik is going to release that rebel commando/assualt trooper soon that you liked unit33.  Also I can totally image a rebel female like that in character 2.jpeg.  That would make a kick butt soldier.
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

Quote from: {TCE}Call-of-Duty on February 08, 2014, 12:47:31 PM
Wanna use some of these for the game?

Sure, it might help the modellers with ideas.

I love the Rako Hardeen type helmet!

Very old artwork I did awhile back.  I suppose I should share it :)
Co-Founder of Star Wars HQ:
http://www.starwarshq.com

That's very impressive, what do you use to draw?

The name's Jack Red Cloud, mostly 4b, 2b and 2h pencils ( and a scotch tape to keep the outline clean ).