General- ART Gallery

Started by RepComm, November 14, 2012, 09:21:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
This is surprisingly my most favorited piece of work. I drew it in about 15 minutes earlier in 2013. [spoiler][/spoiler]
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Nice work, Ultimo! I foresee many great pieces ahead of you. :)

This was something I whooped up a while back when I was bored. I think the title itself sounds like a pretty good mob name or whatever. :P

Hopefully this should redeem me from my later submission.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

-Everything was done manually, except for the font (None Shall Pass), and that has additive effect applied.

Quote from: -ChristmasCommando- on December 11, 2013, 11:22:42 AM
Hopefully this should redeem me from my later submission.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

-Everything was done manually, except for the font (None Shall Pass), and that has additive effect applied.

Nice work, CC. Unfortunately your naming of the font made me go on a font downloading spree (dafont has such awesome fonts).  :rant:

Regardless, it's very well done, looks like it could be used for an indie game, eh? :P

Quote from: Unit 33 on December 29, 2013, 12:28:35 PM
An ominous Star Destroyer.

I've noticed you really love the "rain" effect in your works. Tell me, how do you get it to work? I know it's a GIF, but how do you get the drops to appear like that?

Quote from: Gold Man on December 29, 2013, 12:56:31 PM
I've noticed you really love the "rain" effect in your works. Tell me, how do you get it to work? I know it's a GIF, but how do you get the drops to appear like that?
http://www.avivadirectory.com/photoshop/animated-rain-effect/
It's a fun effect which is pretty much applicable to anything.

Quote from: Unit 33 on December 29, 2013, 01:00:10 PM
http://www.avivadirectory.com/photoshop/animated-rain-effect/
It's a fun effect which is pretty much applicable to anything.

Hmm, I'm trying to mimic the process in Photoshop Touch (I don't have the money to download actual Photoshop :P), however I've run into a slight problem. I've gotten up to the 4 layers with motion blur, but I'm not sure what those buttons are supposed to symbolize in the directions. I was planning on simply putting them in a GIF maker, but I don't know what to do, or if I can pull off this effect in Photoshop Touch. Perhaps you could help me out here, Unit? :confused:

Quote from: Gold Man on December 29, 2013, 03:18:58 PM
Hmm, I'm trying to mimic the process in Photoshop Touch (I don't have the money to download actual Photoshop :P), however I've run into a slight problem. I've gotten up to the 4 layers with motion blur, but I'm not sure what those buttons are supposed to symbolize in the directions. I was planning on simply putting them in a GIF maker, but I don't know what to do, or if I can pull off this effect in Photoshop Touch. Perhaps you could help me out here, Unit? :confused:
I do not know the finer point of Photoshop touch, however a gif maker will suffice.
Superimpose those separate rain images you have created onto the frames that you will run through gif-maker and hey-presto.

Quote from: dar on December 29, 2013, 02:10:30 PM
That looks just like my cat
<--//StRĂ…t|->: Looks a lot like my cat, awesome Star Wars toy too

haha you arent the only person who thought that....because it is ',,'

December 29, 2013, 03:59:49 PM #193 Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 04:01:38 PM by Gold Man
Quote from: Unit 33 on December 29, 2013, 03:29:15 PM
I do not know the finer point of Photoshop touch, however a gif maker will suffice.
Superimpose those separate rain images you have created onto the frames that you will run through gif-maker and hey-presto.

Well, I did like you said, unfortunately I don't think I did that great. :confused:

Also, attached below is the wallpaper image I have for my desktop, except this version I modified the text to glow. :P

Quote from: Gold Man on December 29, 2013, 03:59:49 PM
Well, I did like you said, unfortunately I don't think I did that great. :confused:

Also, attached below is the wallpaper image I have for my desktop, except this version I modified the text to glow. :P
I followed the tutorial I threw at you and encountered the same problem. I'm pretty sure there's something off about that.
It's meant to look like this:

If all else fails use those exact frames.